• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Teachings of Islam as revealed on 7th Oct

Likemeat

Alfrescian
Loyal
How the ustaz going to prove he can recite 100% of koran?

Of course u hold the Quran. Ustaz recite ayat by ayat without the Quran. Then you listen to Ustaz recitation and countercheck the verses against the Quran u are holding. Hmm...i am like explaining to a retard

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
How the ustaz going to prove he can recite 100% of koran?

I am not a Muslim but when the love comes from the heart nothing can stop a person from achieving his/her objective.
What a blessed soul.

Memorization of Koran is A Sacred Feat​

November 25, 2000
Source: The Houston Chronicle
On November 25, 2000, The Houston Chronicle reported that "Sheik Mamdouh Mahmoud was 10 years old when he finished memorizing the 114 chapters of the Quran, the holy book of Islam. 'I started when I was 4 and finished memorizing it by 10,' said Mahmoud, now 28 and imam of the Islamic Society of Greater Houston's southeast zone mosque. Committing the Quran, also known as the Koran, to memory is expected of imams and is commended to devout Muslims. A person who memorizes the holy book is known as a hafiz, Mahmoud said. Muslim countries boast many schools dedicated to teaching children the memorization of the Quran.

https://hwpi.harvard.edu/pluralisma...ran, also known,the memorization of the Quran.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not a Muslim but when the love comes from the heart nothing can stop a person from achieving his/her objective.
What a blessed soul.

Memorization of Koran is A Sacred Feat​

November 25, 2000
Source: The Houston Chronicle
On November 25, 2000, The Houston Chronicle reported that "Sheik Mamdouh Mahmoud was 10 years old when he finished memorizing the 114 chapters of the Quran, the holy book of Islam. 'I started when I was 4 and finished memorizing it by 10,' said Mahmoud, now 28 and imam of the Islamic Society of Greater Houston's southeast zone mosque. Committing the Quran, also known as the Koran, to memory is expected of imams and is commended to devout Muslims. A person who memorizes the holy book is known as a hafiz, Mahmoud said. Muslim countries boast many schools dedicated to teaching children the memorization of the Quran.

https://hwpi.harvard.edu/pluralismarchive/news/memorization-koran-sacred-feat#:~:text=Committing the Quran, also known,the memorization of the Quran.

Given the right methodology with 2 chapter to complete in 1 month and repetitive rehearsing, the top PSLE students should also be able to achieve the feat in 4-5 years to recite 114 chapters. It is training.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course u hold the Quran. Ustaz recite ayat by ayat without the Quran. Then you listen to Ustaz recitation and countercheck the verses against the Quran u are holding. Hmm...i am like explaining to a retard

I can't read arabic or understand the language and it makes no difference to me whether the ustaz is reciting arabic poem, arabic lullaby or koranic verses. :cool:

How long will he take to complete 100%? And 100% is how many chapters?

Likemeat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't read arabic or understand the language and it makes no difference to me whether the ustaz is reciting arabic poem, arabic lullaby or koranic verses. :cool:

How long will he take to complete 100%? And 100% is how many chapters?

OMG! Its like me speaking Hindi to a type C. So whats there to prove to you? LOL!

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given the right methodology with 2 chapter to complete in 1 month and repetitive rehearsing, the top PSLE students should also be able to achieve the feat in 4-5 years to recite 114 chapters. It is training.
When you read the 1st 2nd chapters and move on to the next 3, 4, 5 and so on, then when you come back to the 1 and 2 chapters most likely you would have gaps in memory.
But if your objective is to memorize the whole Koran and you are blessed to do that even before you are born then it would be something else. But you would have to enrol in the Madrasah at a young age and then be taught the way to memorize.
I don't think any Sinkie whether top PSLE or A level student can memorize the whole Koran.
I am not a Muslim but I have no hate in my heart for any religion.
Just a couple of weeks ago I went to a Hindu Temple for a wedding. It felt very peaceful.
I was in Shanghai, China and the good guide brought us to a Buddhist Temple and I saw the people praying, I felt at ease and so welcomed.
I went to the St. Patrick's Cathedral church in New York and again it felt so good.
All lead to God. We should all have an open mind.