• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The standard of 154th's Engrish

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
too much faith in spellcheck, not that spellcheck has gone awry. there were highly paid sinkie civil servants who would think addis ababa was alibaba and actually used alibaba in the report going to higher ups, and the worst thing was, no one caught it until a sharp pair of eyes scanned it. :eek:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess working in ST is a cast iron job, they can fuck the articles they write all the time. Just need to promote government policies, give a nice spin to unpopular policies by getting soundbites from the so-called experts and dig up dirt on their political opponents. It will do wonders too if the reporters/editors write a nice long commentary on how they were dug up from the village shithole shared by 40 people by PAP's awe inspiring leadership and loudly proclaim their eternal loyalty to PAP. In the event they do run out of ideas, they can always get the thousand and one PAP friends, families and cronies to have a go at it, LWL, every single ambassador, high ranking government servant, MP or director in a GLC will love to get their chance at writing some glowing porlumpar review of how the Lees have shaped Singapore, of course adding some personal anecdotes to back it up and show that the author was at least doing some work over the past 30 years or so. That may not be the case for LWL. As the daughter of LKY, she does have a tendency to ramble incoherently when she writes, often going on a long tirade about the people around her and I do suspect she has a major axe to grind with the guy who spurned her when she was a young doctor, also, she likes to tell people about her broken kebayas which she mends herself so that her family has the money to buy luxurious condos from CDL. :rolleyes:

Jorge

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess working in ST is a cast iron job, they can fuck the articles they write all the time. Just need to promote government policies, give a nice spin to unpopular policies by getting soundbites from the so-called experts and dig up dirt on their political opponents. It will do wonders too if the reporters/editors write a nice long commentary on how they were dug up from the village shithole shared by 40 people by PAP's awe inspiring leadership and loudly proclaim their eternal loyalty to PAP. In the event they do run out of ideas, they can always get the thousand and one PAP friends, families and cronies to have a go at it, LWL, every single ambassador, high ranking government servant, MP or director in a GLC will love to get their chance at writing some glowing porlumpar review of how the Lees have shaped Singapore, of course adding some personal anecdotes to back it up and show that the author was at least doing some work over the past 30 years or so. That may not be the case for LWL. As the daughter of LKY, she does have a tendency to ramble incoherently when she writes, often going on a long tirade about the people around her and I do suspect she has a major axe to grind with the guy who spurned her when she was a young doctor, also, she likes to tell people about her broken kebayas which she mends herself so that her family has the money to buy luxurious condos from CDL. :rolleyes:

Paragraph for a start? :rolleyes:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Straits Times - Pig Latin version?

attachment.php

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
See, angmoh are the worst. Even their own kind find their fuckard forefathers cannot even piece or get together to make their language work.

2/3 of the world used Chinese style language and why are your still stuck read and write England.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...urder-20140914

The Straits Times
www.straitstimes.com
Published on Sep 14, 2014

Mother of seven-year-old boy found dead in Tampines arrested for alleged murder

By Lim Yi Han

pixmurder-140914e.jpg

SINGAPORE - The mother of the seven-year-old boy found dead at the foot of a Tampines HDB block has been arrested for alleged murder.
It is believed that the 42-year-old woman was arrested by Police on Saturday at their ninth-floor home at Block 815, Tampines Avenue 4.
A police spokesman said they received a call for assistance at the block, at 1.02pm on Saturday. Paramedics pronounced the boy dead at the scene. He is understood to have suffered injuries consistent with a fall from height. Wearing a yellow T-shirt and black shorts, he was found lying face down. Police cordoned off the foot of the block until nightfall.
The family's next-door neighbour, who wanted to be known only as Mr Tan, 61, told The Sunday Times that the boy was autistic and had lived there for more than five years with his parents, grandmother and 12-year-old brother. He said the family was close-knit and "very private".

Copyright © 2014 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The headline "Mother of seven-year-old boy found dead in Tampines arrested for alleged murder."

Who was found dead: the mother of seven-year-old boy, or the seven-year-old boy?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Straits Times - Pig Latin version?

attachment.php

No lah!..more like ah lian & ah beng engrish....don't forget "KFC" Tan was in charge of education at one time...he was the founding father of ALAB Engrish.....think in Hokkien, Mandarin....construct Engrish sentences...that is why they sound like that...you write, the same way you speak...you speak, "wah lau eh...so shiok! one lah!"...what do you expect these people to write...?? it will sound like, when written , translated " The people say, so good"...get it?

think in hokkien write in engrish...:biggrin:

I used to read the Straits Times from young, & have actually many news cuttings from the very old days when they had a very good writers & editor..sad! I lost many of my scrap books. That was a Lady who wrote the movies column, a European lady, Mc something which I read & cut, & a local man, who writes the horse racing in the sports page I read regular, I am not a gambler, but from his column I learnt a lot about horse racing...gelding, scratchings...etc ha ha ha My point is, newspapers is not only the source of news, but educational, informative & something new you learn each day, plus improving the language you speak & write in...nowadays...it is a shit propaganda paper...no more, no less.

Last edited:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sg working language shouldn't be english anymore. It should be our very own language, singlish, where it's a mixture of english, mandarin, dialects, melayu, tamil, tagalog, etc :biggrin:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Hahaha, what happened in the 2nd column? What language is that? :biggrin:

Lorem ipsum.... these are typical placeholder words used in agencies when they are preparing layout. For example, when they are doing layout for the newspaper, the whole paper will be filled with those gibberish. When actual articles come in, it will replace the gibberish. This clearly shows the editor was sleeping. They forgot to delete it and approve for publishing

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Sounds like north korea....lol

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah!..more like ah lian & ah beng engrish....don't forget "KFC" Tan was in charge of education at one time...he was the founding father of ALAB Engrish.....think in Hokkien, Mandarin....construct Engrish sentences...that is why they sound like that...you write, the same way you speak...you speak, "wah lau eh...so shiok! one lah!"...what do you expect these people to write...?? it will sound like, when written , translated " The people say, so good"...get it?

think in hokkien write in engrish...:biggrin:

I used to read the Straits Times from young, & have actually many news cuttings from the very old days when they had a very good writers & editor..sad! I lost many of my scrap books. That was a Lady who wrote the movies column, a European lady, Mc something which I read & cut, & a local man, who writes the horse racing in the sports page I read regular, I am not a gambler, but from his column I learnt a lot about horse racing...gelding, scratchings...etc ha ha ha My point is, newspapers is not only the source of news, but educational, informative & something new you learn each day, plus improving the language you speak & write in...nowadays...it is a shit propaganda paper...no more, no less.

Me too, two decades ago, PAP still looked out for the people and their policies were widely accepted, the job of a newspaper reporter were pretty simple back then, write good english and genuine support for policies that really helped the people. These days, PAP see us as numbers, money is everything, their policies are widely criticized from many sections of society, these days, the term 'necessary evil' keeps coming up when anybody defends PAP policies, I would say that writing in the papers have become a morally bankrupt job, I mean how many times can you cheer on while PAP sells out our country?