• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Sad State of Singapore Journalists - Written by Angmoh Journalist

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posed photographs in Singapore's dismal media

There's so much wrong with Singapore's official media that it's difficult to know where to begin. As I was quoted as saying in an Asian Sentinel article in July:

Singapore's official media really are abysmal - tedious, irrelevant, smug, prurient, prudish...

The role of journalists should be to safeguard the interests and welfare of ordinary citizens by scrutinising the powerful. Yet Singapore's official media show no interest in investigating wrongdoing by the elite. The PAP functionaries who run the country get a free pass and are treated with fawning deference.

The ordinary citizens of Singapore are shown no such respect. The local media trample all over their rights and demonstrate no understanding of the need to minimise the harm that news coverage can do to vulnerable people. They relentlessly hunt and breathlessly peddle lurid and salacious details about sex, murder and abuse, with no regard to the welfare of anyone they write about.

Reporters are routinely sent to the homes of newly bereaved families to ask for comment on the violent death of their loved one, a disgraceful intrusion that serves no useful purpose. What will anyone say that is so valuable and informative that it justifies barging into a family's private grief? As a journalist, I am disgusted and ashamed to share my profession with people who think such behaviour is acceptable.

Few things better illustrate the gross insensitivity of Singapore's newspapers than the posed photographs they use in their online content. In order to have visual images they can use on their websites to accompany stories about rape, sexual abuse, and other sensitive issues, Singapore newspapers regularly take crass staged pictures. It is a bizarre practice that shows they have no understanding of the seriousness of sexual abuse and no respect for the victims.

Some of the most egregious examples I've stumbled upon are shared below. If you find more, please share them in the comments section.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/andr...hs-in-singapores-dismal-media/664609480225061

The above article is written by Andrew MacGregor Marshall. Myself Ginger Lee is not the author. Ginger only wants to share with brothers and sisters in Sam forum

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come on, those are not journalists down in Braddel Road.
They are prostitutes with no self respect.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

not bad for a foreign journalist who dare to criticise government fed journalists who have no backbone but only listening to their master.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calling them whores is a disgrace to whores. Whores know what they do and provide a service some find useful.
What do you call people who are so intellectually dishonest and warped they can lie to themselves. Nobody else believes them.

AktifSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bhai, I absolutely agree with the views of this gentleman from the West. Local journalists should all be replaced with my comrades who are reporting from the greatest democracy of Hindustan. Nothing but the truth shall set you free. Namaste.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bhai, I absolutely agree with the views of this gentleman from the West. Local journalists should all be replaced with my comrades who are reporting from the greatest democracy of Hindustan. Nothing but the truth shall set you free. Namaste.

I too agree with what this angmoh journalist said but only the first part of what he wrote. For the second part reproduced in red below, the media in the west are equally guilty of the same if not more. I've read even worse trash from western journalists. But I must state again that as far as coverage of any PAP related news or propaganda, the brothel at Toa Payoh is filled to the brim with pimps and whores.

The local media trample all over their rights and demonstrate no understanding of the need to minimise the harm that news coverage can do to vulnerable people. They relentlessly hunt and breathlessly peddle lurid and salacious details about sex, murder and abuse, with no regard to the welfare of anyone they write about.

Reporters are routinely sent to the homes of newly bereaved families to ask for comment on the violent death of their loved one, a disgraceful intrusion that serves no useful purpose. What will anyone say that is so valuable and informative that it justifies barging into a family's private grief? As a journalist, I am disgusted and ashamed to share my profession with people who think such behaviour is acceptable.

Few things better illustrate the gross insensitivity of Singapore's newspapers than the posed photographs they use in their online content. In order to have visual images they can use on their websites to accompany stories about rape, sexual abuse, and other sensitive issues, Singapore newspapers regularly take crass staged pictures. It is a bizarre practice that shows they have no understanding of the seriousness of sexual abuse and no respect for the victims.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
brother freedalas,
Western media dares to gossip about the daughters and sons of their countries leaders.
How about Singapore TNP and Wanbao? are they courageous to write about the leedears families?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
brother freedalas,
Western media dares to gossip about the daughters and sons of their countries leaders.
How about Singapore TNP and Wanbao? are they courageous to write about the leedears families?

Yes, yes I agree. You won't see that happening here, no way. What I am only pointing out is that in the west, the media also go to despicable extent into digging victims's very private matters and at times invented them too. It's only this part that I am saying that it also the practice of western media. Hope this clarifies. Thanks

AktifSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bhai, thank you for supporting my view. May the Lord Brahma bless you with ultimate wisdom. Namaste.

I too agree with what this angmoh journalist said but only the first part of what he wrote. For the second part reproduced in red below, the media in the west are equally guilty of the same if not more. I've read even worse trash from western journalists. But I must state again that as far as coverage of any PAP related news or propaganda, the brothel at Toa Payoh is filled to the brim with pimps and whores.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why bother?

How much longer will the smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY continue to breath and shit?
LKY will go under the ghouls and demons very soon and his rotten corrupt empire will implode in orgy of hooting as
all smiling smiling now went the fucking billions and not mere millions

LKY planted the seeds that will also put an end to his rotten son and family.

With that, the rotten ST and propaganda machine will also implode and rot from inside out like the kangaroos as well

AND WE ALL WILL YUM SENG

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As there are no journalists is sinkieland....there are no newspapers.....they are all pap's newsletters.
Overheard someone saying that the only thing that is truthful about the straits times is the printed date....all else inside is falsehood.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As there are no journalists is sinkieland....there are no newspapers.....they are all pap's newsletters.
Overheard someone saying that the only thing that is truthful about the straits times is the printed date....all else inside is falsehood.

au contraire, the world and foreign sections are rehash of ap's and reuter's feeds and should be quite truthful when it cums to printing tragedies, disasters, murders, robberies, political impasse, and all other negatives and nasties about what are going on up north and the rest of the world. :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
ALL journalists dance to the tune of their masters. The press in the West in no different.

Try singing praises of the British Labour Party if you're a journalist working for the Daily Mail and see how far that will take your career.:rolleyes: