• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Ruling Elite of Singapore: Networks of Power and Influence in Southeast Asia

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Ruling Elite of Singapore: Networks of Power and Influence in Southeast Asia
by Michael D. Barr

2r2n0xe.jpg

Book Description

Michael Barr explores the complex and covert networks of power at work in one of the world's most prosperous countries – the city-state of Singapore. He argues that the contemporary networks of power are a deliberate project initiated and managed by Lee Kuan Yew – former prime minister and Singapore's "founding father" – designed to empower himself and his family.

Barr identifies the crucial institutions of power - including the country's sovereign wealth funds, and the government-linked companies – together with five critical features that form the key to understanding the nature of the networks.

He provides an assessment of possible shifts of power within the elite in the wake of Lee Kuan Yew's son, Lee Hsien Loong, assuming power, and considers the possibility of a more fundamental democratic shift in Singapore's political system.

About the Author

Michael D. Barr is Senior Lecturer in International Relations, Flinders University, Australia. He is Editor-in-Chief of Asian Studies Review and the author of Cultural Politics and Asian Values (2002), Paths Not Taken: Political Pluralism in Post-War Singapore (edited with C. Trocki, 2008), Constructing Singapore (with Z. Skrbiš, 2008), Lee Kuan Yew (2000, 2009), and Singapore: A Modern History (I.B. Tauris, forthcoming).

Remark: I have the print edition of the book. Seeing that it will be banned by Pinky and his LEEgime, I will upload the electronic version for sharing if and when I manage to get hold of it.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
velly velly good ah......................look forward to it................

then can share with more people elsewhere......................