• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The reason why so many foreigners so few Singaporeans hired in MNC local offices

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw this from WhatsApp:

"As I watched the East Coast rally on 3rd Sep where a particular Lim Swee Say made a strong case of defence for PAP’s astonishing unfair foreign talent policy, I caught sight of someone sitting behind him, smiling away.
That person is Jessica Tan, the local managing director of Microsoft.
It was such irony that as the good minister made his defence of his party’s policy, the woman who sat behind represented one of those MNCs that the minister said created good jobs for locals. Microsoft, under Jessica, happens also to be one of these MNCs where foreign talents have completely taken over jobs there for local PMETs.
Let’s see an example. In Microsoft, there is this One Microsoft Singapore Council whose purpose is to make policies and procedures for all Microsoft employees in Singapore. They claimed that the One Microsoft Singapore Council ensures they are diverse and inclusive in the way they worked.
But guess what, who makes up the One Microsoft Singapore Council
Noel Murray, Chairman (Foreigner)
Istvan Papp, APAC AHQ VP (Foreigner)
Nutan Singapuri, HR Director (Foreigner)
Toby Willson, Finance (Foreigner)
Jeff Bullwinkel, Counsel (Foreigner)
Andrew Pickup, Asia Communications (Foreigner)
Alan Stone, IT (Foreigner)
Jessica Tan, Singapore Subsidiary GM (Singaporean)
Yes, there is only one Singaporean in a policy making leadership team called One Microsoft Singapore. That one is the MP in East Coast GRC. I wonder how to be inclusive when there is only one Singaporean in a Singapore policy making council. I also wonder what Jessica thinks when her counterparts made decisions for her Singaporeans that she claimed to love and want their votes now.
So it is now clear that in Microsoft, the foreigners making decisions that are for local employees. But perhaps that is fine too, as it is also well known that in Microsoft Singapore, it is full of foreign PMETs so they probably believe it is appropriate for foreigners to run the Singapore Council anyway.
And not surprisingly some of these so called foreign talents are fresh graduates from USA colleges and some are even rejects from USA office who then come to Singapore for a cushy overseas posting.
And while Lim Swee Say made his case, I hope Jessica Tan is thinking of all the jobs in her company that should go to local PMETs.
May East Coast voters think about this too as they go to the polls."