• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The reason behind the 24hr Cooling Off Period

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
15848_1110647180975_1670732654_236515_5995043_n.jpg

Be Kool.
Vote Koolly:biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP has done a good job in-doctrinating Sporeans with PAP propaganda.

For years those who didn't believe the PAP truth have left Spore, leaving behind mostly believers.

However there is now a new generation of disbelievers who are struggling: those who have lost their job, can't find a job, stuck in marginal jobs,... , victims of PAP policy.

When there are enough hungry Sporeans out there to question the PAP truth, you'll have people waking up & kicking out some MPs.

Sporeans are a selfish lot & when you threaten their rice bowl, watch out.

seriously, the opp parties must get their house in order first before they can tackle the paps. it's getting very wearisome everytime they lose, they cook up something to blame.

the voters are not blind. now they are even more well informed than before. therefore opps should put in more effort to win over them. instead of doing something constructive to show they sincerity for voters, many such as the SDP is creating public nonsense to remind voters to be more wary of opps.

instead of sharing opinions here, sdppies are once again showing their mockful and deplorable representation of their party, namely SDP. sometime u wonder what their real motive really is. chee their messiah has totally no control over them and we expect him to run a ward. what a joke!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am aware of precint vote data. They are obliged to hand those over. The income data is not reliable. Where you think they got the salary benchmarking data from?

Dear Scroobal

The data is available. The PAP keeps track of precint by precint vote counts as much as the opposition does. Data from Precint Vote counts can be fine tuned with demographic surveys, and localized polling sentiment. Technically the same voter with the same income and age group should be the same whether he is in Jurong, Sembawang or AMK.

You are kidding of course. So SPH will not cover the elections on that particular day? So one day will allow a man to truly ponder and make an informed decision like the PM said.

The cooling period is meant to stop or put a halt to opposition momentum. Mt own refrain and belief has been that you need to get the people angry enough to VOTE against the PAP

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

Sorry its the opposition that has to get the people angry enough to vote them in so that whatever SPH does on the last day does not matter.

Well income data tends to be reliable generally for all, not the super rich

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where do you think get the income data from?

Dear Scroo

Sorry its the opposition that has to get the people angry enough to vote them in so that whatever SPH does on the last day does not matter.

Well income data tends to be reliable generally for all, not the super rich

Locke

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any analysis, forecast or opinion must be predicated on a reasonable premise or at least on a remotely plausible premise.

Guess what? We had the most opposition in 1963. They occupied virtually 30% of the seats. We had the second most opposition in 1991, although it was an insignificant 5%. By right, we shouldn't be complaining about PAP by now. But why do we?

Not remote? Implausible? Inexplicable? You decide.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP tend to adopt extraordinary measures after facing electoral setbacks. Suitability certificates, GRCs, signing undertakings not to partake in politics to secure releases, racial ratios, high deposits are obstacles.

Until late 80s, anyone opposing the PAP was labelled pro-communist, marxist etc.

You have the impression that nothing changed since 1963 and the opposition quality just got worse progressively.

Guess what? We had the most opposition in 1963. They occupied virtually 30% of the seats. We had the second most opposition in 1991, although it was an insignificant 5%. By right, we shouldn't be complaining about PAP by now. But why do we?

Not remote? Implausible? Inexplicable? You decide.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

This current batch of "extraordinary measures" come even before an electoral setback , man they must be worried big time

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

Perspective is human. he worries incessantly about the opposition screwing up after a BIG WIN, he worries that the right "pre conditions" are not in place to prevent the opposition from screwing up after a big win.

BTW he has entirely avoided answering what he thinks the pre conditions should be :_)). I believe however one should be worried about GETTING a victory in any form and then worry abt the next four years the day after

LOcke

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Locke,

I don't think you get Perspective right. He is only WORRIED about getting people that he doesn't like elected into parliament. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Dear Scroo

Perspective is human. he worries incessantly about the opposition screwing up after a BIG WIN, he worries that the right "pre conditions" are not in place to prevent the opposition from screwing up after a big win.

BTW he has entirely avoided answering what he thinks the pre conditions should be :_)). I believe however one should be worried about GETTING a victory in any form and then worry abt the next four years the day after

LOcke

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP tend to adopt extraordinary measures after facing electoral setbacks. Suitability certificates, GRCs, signing undertakings not to partake in politics to secure releases, racial ratios, high deposits are obstacles.

This, to me, has always been half the equation. No one told the opposition to resign all their seats and no one told an opposition party's members to sue each other.

Until late 80s, anyone opposing the PAP was labelled pro-communist, marxist etc.

I do not think these labels worked, though the actual arrests in 1987 had an effect.

You have the impression that nothing changed since 1963 and the opposition quality just got worse progressively.

More or less yes.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You said it.

The 18 seats giveaway scenario however was something that they were planning for sometime. It was also a natural extension of the NMP scheme at least in PAP's mind. Similar to what the British had in HK to appease the locals and industry. HK residents actually thought they were in a democracy for decades.

The cooling period was a shock. So you are right. The question in everyone's mind is which interesting piece of research that led to it.

Dear Scroo

This current batch of "extraordinary measures" come even before an electoral setback , man they must be worried big time

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found Perspective to be an unusual chap. Clearly he has very good grasp of history and details of politics in this country. He certainly is sincere. Its his analysis or more so his conclusions that baffles me. I initially put it down to contrarian or out of the box views. Maybe even playing the devil's advocate.

But the pattern is very consistent. Its out of whack, inexplicable in the view of one well regarded forummer and certainly not predicated on any form of foundation. He is still worried about the PSLE.

His view of the opposition as a single cell organism is probably the most bizarre. He does not realise that PAP has successfully caricatured the opposition as such.

The biggest issue is when he wrongly interprets someone's else post and comes to the wrong conclusion. He then tells the forummer that its wrong and that he disagrees. How do you respond to that?

But credit is due to his accurate recall of local political history which I think he is the outright leader.

Dear Scroo

LOcke

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I found Perspective to be an unusual chap. Clearly he has very good grasp of history and details of politics in this country. He certainly is sincere. Its his analysis or more so his conclusions that baffles me. I initially put it down to contrarian or out of the box views. Maybe even playing the devil's advocate.

But the pattern is very consistent. Its out of whack, inexplicable in the view of one well regarded forummer and certainly not predicated on any form of foundation. He is still worried about the PSLE.

The cooling period is for typical PAP educate people like him. Always so unsure. Between devil and deep blue sea he will suck devil cock.

"Perspective"? Try "Cowardice"

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
0507_A13.jpg

You think I really scared of the Hammer meh?
Wooden already said before they pose no threat to our pappies at all.
This is all a wayang only.
So stop building your castle in the air lah.
Hahahahahaha

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

If my pattern is "consistent - out of whack" why do you agree with me a large portion of the time. :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, there are too many variables that make up the opposition DNA and it is consistently changing. Don't worry too much about the end game. Just worry about making incremental gains. The way the rules are laid out, any gain is a major victory for the opposition and a major setback for the PAP.

To answer your question, when it comes to the usual political business you are in the zone. Its the long term analysis that I found out of whack. I suspect that it based on too much on pessimism rather than on sound assessment. Change your outlook and you will be surprised what you can come out with.

However you are the only that I know that can pick up a historical political event that is very releavnt to support a point and that includes some indepth stuff like unionism etc.

If my pattern is "consistent - out of whack" why do you agree with me a large portion of the time. :smile: