• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The real explaination behind Amy Cheong behaviour

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Then can you explain why there are good ppl who does not have a God let alone worship one?

Oh then you might say they are exceptional ones.

Then I afraid you are only making reasons for yourself to believe in including your supposed God..that you need.:biggrin:

You can't talk logical stuff to religion ppl :wink: they seems blind :wink:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually u can say the same for non-religious ppl, they are equally blind. Doing good means u have a good value system internally. U can get the value system from religion or from other non-religious sources - good parents, family values, societal values.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sometimes it's not that I don't sympathise such ppl but my offer of logical explaination, have these ppl biting back onto me.

Race and religion aside, there are things even us humans feel can have a logical and sensible reasons to it.

Even if there was none. Why don't these ppl see the possibility that they could be much better if they had changed their mindset to believe in themselves rather than to say for damn sure, that only if there is the existence of their God, would they do and be good.:biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually u can say the same for non-religious ppl, they are equally blind. Doing good means u have a good value system internally. U can get the value system from religion or from other non-religious sources - good parents, family values, societal values.

Yes , doing good does not only comes from religious ppl only . So you can't say " if there's no god , why do good " . That statement alone is stupid .. Period .

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes , doing good does not only comes from religious ppl only . So you can't say " if there's no god , why do good " . That statement alone is stupid .. Period .

Very similar to those who argue that life becomes meaningless if there is no god.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the correct phrase is "If there is no God, why be Good?" It has a certain logic to it.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the correct phrase is "If there is no God, why be Good?" It has a certain logic to it.

Siao! Morality is nothing more than a set of rules that governs society. Who the fuck cares if there's a god or not? People are good because they have to adhere to moral norms in order to survive in society. You mean atheists like me can go around committing evil with impunity?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least they pray for their sins ? If they know it's a sin why they keep on conning ppl After praying to god ? Hope that god have a big heart to forgive them :wink:

Doesn't that explain why more and more sinners take to religion?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
that logic is totally wrong....,

Indeed. In any social setting, there will always be a moral code to adhere to. Even children know that if they hit others, no one will play with them again. You don't need god or lao peh to tell them that.

Last edited:

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro , can you explain the logic behind " if there's no god , why be good " ?

I think what he means is that people who are weak-willed may succumb to temptations easily if they have no god to fear. For example, what will you do if you found a wallet containing loads of cash with the owner's details inside it? You know what is right and what is wrong but would you always do the right thing when no one is watching? Most people find it easier if they believe someone higher up is judging them. You will be surprised at how most people behave when they think no one is watching them. It is the same with law and order. If there is no enforcement, the rogue elements in society would soon run riot and the good elements will be forced to join them. In the case of morals, religion serves as the enforcement entity.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think what he means is that people who are weak-willed may succumb to temptations easily if they have no god to fear. For example, what will you do if you found a wallet containing loads of cash with the owner's details inside it? You know what is right and what is wrong but would you always do the right thing when no one is watching? Most people find it easier if they believe someone higher up is judging them. You will be surprised at how most people behave when they think no one is watching them. It is the same with law and order. If there is no enforcement, the rogue elements in society would soon run riot and the good elements will be forced to join them. In the case of morals, religion serves as the enforcement entity.

Even ppl with religion will not return the wallet :wink: .
In today's world ... Where there are laws to punish ppl so we don't need any religion for that enforcement .
By the way , moral teaching can be taught without using any religion . look at the Japanese , most of them do not have any religion yet their moral is higher then most ppl with religion .

Last edited:

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even ppl with religion will not return the wallet :wink: .
In today's world ... Where there are laws to punish ppl so we don't need any religion for that enforcement .
By the way , moral teaching can be taught without using any religion . look at the Japanese , most of them do not have any religion yet their moral is higher then most ppl with religion .

I said some people find it easier to do the right thing with religion, doesn't mean religion will make you do the right thing, it simply exhorts you to do so. Laws govern crimes, not morals. Japanese have their Shinto and Buddhist beliefs too. Don't forget that Japanese are famous for their AV industry. To many people, it is considered a corrupting influence and a vice.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Laws govern crimes, not morals. Japanese have their Shinto and Buddhist beliefs too. Don't forget that Japanese are famous for their AV industry. To many people, it is considered a corrupting influence and a vice.

Yes Japanese have Shinto and Buddhisum but more then 50% of them do not have any belief . Yes japs are famous for their AV .. But IMO , av is nothing because having sex is a part of human life .. If you wanted to talk about sex , what about Thais girl pros ? More then 90% believe in Buddhisum .. Even their sex den have Buddha image which they pray everyday for "good biz " .

I think the best way to teach moral is the upbringing without using any religion to enforce it .

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This thread is getting a bit too religious.

If you are spiritually awake and "enlightened" - it does not matter whether you have a religion or not. It does not matter whether you are a Chrisitian,a Buddhist, a Muslim or a Hindu...or whatever. It makes no difference to one who is spiritually awakened.

Different people with different spiritual levels need different spiritual/religious needs to cater to their emotional and spiritual vacuum.So it is pointless to argue about religion. If you believe in Jesus, good. If you believe in Prophet Mohammad,good. If you belief in Gotama, good. If you believe in Lord Siva , good. If you believe in anything and religously stick to it, good. If you don't believe in any religion and you believe in yourself, also good.If you believe in eating meat,good. If you believe in being a vegetarian, also good. Whatever you do and you do it religiously, it's good for your spiritual needs.

But soon, when you become more spiritually awakened and when wisdom enters your mind, you take a good look at all the sentient things and you declare..." I have arrived!". Religion is no longer a necessity. Your wisdom will then take over and you will see things - including GOD - in a different way.

I think some of you here have reached that stage. For me, I still believe in a piece of stone which I worship religiously.Thank you.