• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Public Transport Council Wayang Show!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then at least fine them a couple of million for overcrowding incidents, not $100 for one instance in 6 mths...anyone who would have taken a bus or mrt ride year on year, day by day, would know that the train is getting even more packed ......

The fine for littering($500) is higher than the silly $100 fine. Its obvious that the PTC was reluctant to act on behalf of the public. One cannot but question their motives.

Who is watching the watchers :confused:
Spore gov't is so riddled with private$$$ & self interests that it is getting ridiculous.

Those PTC jokers probably own SMRT/SBS shares & its not in their self-interest to hand out hefty fines.

The only way to improve things in Spore is to kick the PAP. :rolleyes:

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today they are fined thousands by PTC for poor performance.
Tomorrow they ask PTC to increase the bus fares to improve performance.

Six months later when the performance does not improve, they are fined again by PTC.
The next day, they ask PTC to increase the bus fares to improve performance.

Truly another Singapore first.

i1u12

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT was fined $100 for one instance in which one of its services was found to be overcrowded.

The fines, which came from a review period from June 1 to Nov 30 last year, were announced by the PTC on Monday.

"SMRT was fined $100 for one instance in which one of its services was found to be overcrowded. "

JUST ONE INSTANCE OF OVER CROWDED :confused:
PTC... your eyes pasted with stamps ?? or you think commuters's eyes pasted with stamps ?? :mad:

I stay in Yishun and I need to take bus at about 8.30am every morning. During my usual 10-15 minutes wait at the bus-stop, I can see at least 3 buses (especially 854 and 969) that are over crowded, passengers standing aat the front door stair-case. I got no idea, why ptc say only ONE instance of over crowding in 6 months. I think better ask ptc dont waste time, dont waste money on investigation. :mad: Nowadays, with the digital ezi-link card, I'm sure the bus can know instantly, how many pessenger on board the bus. I got no fucking idea why ptc says only ONE INSTAND of OVER CROWDED.

I ever made a complain to SMRT, and the reply is really funny. They replied and told me that the problem is due to pessengers reluclant to move to the rear !!! therefore, not their problem ???

"
Gerald Ee is probably having a joke at our expense. Maybe its time he got out of his BMW or his Mercedes and take the train or bus to his workplace at 8am in the morning "

JUST SPEND AN EVENING AROUND 5.00 TO 9.00 PM AT ANY BUS STOP AT ORCHARD BOULEBARD U CAN SEE SOME SARDINE PACK BUSES!!

jw5

Loyal
The fine for littering($500) is higher than the silly $100 fine. Its obvious that the PTC was reluctant to act on behalf of the public. One cannot but question their motives.

Who is watching the watchers :confused:
Spore gov't is so riddled with private$$$ & self interests that it is getting ridiculous.

Those PTC jokers probably own SMRT/SBS shares & its not in their self-interest to hand out hefty fines.

The only way to improve things in Spore is to kick the PAP. :rolleyes:
The biggest joke is that they don't enforce the littering fine on public transport.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I ever made a complain to SMRT, and the reply is really funny. They replied and told me that the problem is due to pessengers reluclant to move to the rear !!! therefore, not their problem ???

Try complaining to the PTC instead of SMRT, maybe they'll increase the fine to $200 :biggrin:

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll be more than willing to pay the fine for SMRT/SBS wayang than having them to have a chance to have another price hike!