• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The problem with Kenneth Jeyaretnam

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now, the head of the RP women's wing Ho Soak Harn has resigned from the party and applied to join the NSP

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapor...-of-RP-womens-wing-applies-for-NSP-membership

The NSP's membership figures have more than doubled as a result of the RP defections which included Hazel Poa, Tony Tan, Jeannette Chong Aruldoss, Jeisilan Sivalingam, Nicole Seah, Justin Ong and now Ho Soak Harn, of course there was also Alec Tok who joined the SDP. Even Ng Teck Siong quit.

Meanwhile Kenneth Jeyaretnam insists that someone is out to fix him because of his family roots, without specifically naming anyone. He has implied on several occasions that these defectors are moles. He has also openly referred to the NSP as the "National Spoiler Party" and took issue with Steve Chia over the "territorial rights" in Pioneer.

Seriously, KJ has completely failed as a party leader. He has excellent qualifications but somehow he just has poor EQ and he is not able to command the same kind of respect that his late father did as WP leader for 30 years.

If he thinks that he can win a seat in Parliament he is absolutely dreaming. KJ is no JBJ.

He should quit politics and go back to his banking career where he was far more successful. If he continues, KJ is going to be an embarrassment to JBJ as well as his brother Philip who is a respected lawyer. Perhaps he was wise to stay out of politics.

M

Magoichi Saika

Now, the head of the RP women's wing Ho Soak Harn has resigned from the party and applied to join the NSP

CB PAP dog :biggrin:

greg-chappell-middle-finger.jpg

L

lauhunku

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Ok12HuuCDI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I now treat KJ transparent.
GMS is shit. If he fielded Nicole Seah, Tony, Hazel and Auldross in Tampines, He now will have 1 GRC win.

jw5

Loyal
His problem could be that he can't get along with people in situations where there could be conflicts or non-alignment of objectives.
He's certainly not lacking in education and intelligence.
That could be a reason why he was a hedge fund manager and not strictly speaking a banker or a corporate manager. The latter requies you to deal very closely with people including employees and customers. The former is mainly dealing with markets.

It's strange, but we probably have to look at JBJ and both sons, and not just KJ and his dad.
JBJ could be abrasive and abrupt, but he could also be charming and easy going to people he liked or when it suited him.
He was also stubborn and resilient, but could also be obliging and relenting.
Perhaps one son got the former traits and the other got the latter. (the latter is not always better than the former, in my opinion)

whorejinx

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ is a crisis in opposition camp, he is the reason that most members left RP.

But this Ho Soak Harn is another problem she is the one that team up in pair with KJ to quarrel with almost every one that resigned. Even the borrowed candidates from Chiam's SPP had quarreled with them, that at least one the borrowed SPP candidate had quited in anger before nomination day.

She joined NSP? Troubles will spread to NSP soon.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ is the reason why so many had left RP, they simply couldn't work with him. Heard he's egoistic, unfriendly and autocratic, totally very different from JBJ. Same like SDA, the fatty Desmond's style of leadership has ruined SDA. He too is very egoistic & stubborn, which caused him to lose his 16k deposit at Punggol East against a WP rookie charboh. He's lucky that there are still some 35% hardcore opposition supporters in Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, which saved him and SDA some face, after his Punggol East embarassment. Unsurprisingly, these two leaders both came from two worst performing parties RP & SDA.

Unless these two jokers change their ways and approach in running their parties, can't see RP & SDA win anything. Ironically, Fattie blocked RP from joining SDA, which caused him to fall out with CST, and led to SPP leaving SDA. KJ's conditions for RP joining SDA was ridiculous, more like SDA begging to join RP. Amazingly, CST agreed to his conditions.

Basically he has a chip on his shoulder...that was my one and lasting impression of him at a job interview in 1993...

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor Jeya Has To Quit Politics ?

liu_bei.gif

His father had done a great job, but that does not means he need to it too. Nicole has charisma and that what made people join Liu Bei's camp too.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS is shit. If he fielded Nicole Seah, Tony, Hazel and Auldross in Tampines, He now will have 1 GRC win.

True only if he take himself out of the line up. Otherwise will still lose.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not possible, bro. I think Tampines require Malay minority candidate. So, it will have to include that Malay lady who quit PKMS (remember the one who fought in the streets outside PKMS HQ). This would drag down the votes for NSP.

Fool_Me_Hard

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like RP is falling apart or even collapsing even before they can grow with so many prominent members like the Tans, Jeanette Chong Alrudoss, Nicole Seah, Alec Tok and Harn Ho quit. I think that KJ is a rather poor communicator and can't get along with many of his party members.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
This just prove that Sink is really lack of talents... Capable people move around from party to party...

Like job hopping... Time for bosses to more on retention of staff!

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
He got off on a promising start and then alienate a number with his lack of social manners, communication skills and human empathy.

There is now ample evidence that politics is beyond his capability. He should also not venture into HR, management roles or doing motivational talks.

That's the problem with KJ isn't it. He should have remained a hedge fund manager. On the assumption that he was originally good. Which hedge fund did he managed anyway?

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
He got off on a promising start and then alienate a number with his lack of social manners, communication skills and human empathy.

There is now ample evidence that politics is beyond his capability. He should also not venture into HR, management roles or doing motivational talks.

That's the problem with KJ isn't it. He should have remained a hedge fund manager. On the assumption that he was originally good. Which hedge fund did he managed anyway?

he had lots of promise but he didn't leverage it properly and burnt it all. his political capital, that is.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
he had lots of promise but he didn't leverage it properly and burnt it all. his political capital, that is.

That is my opinion too. I thought that JBJ came to town in the guise of his son. When negative reports surface about his personality, I did not want to believe them. Give him more chances, I felt.

But it is very evident now that a son is not the equal of his father.

He can continue ruining the RP or he can call it a day and go back to UK.

Last edited:

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought into this KJ hype thinking he is going to be the next warrior like his dad.
When i heard him speak at a rally, whoalau, made me so sleepy. Boring like don't know what.