• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The PE in Retrospect

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
I swung and i am not ashamed. why should you be ashamed by what you judge to be the best candidate among them four? The Big picture only becomes a composite after the fact and usually not before it hence we can all take heart in the fact that we've all done our part in this. TT won, not so fairly but its expected in a flawed democracy.

My top priority is not to have TT in. You may be true that I could have made that call at that point of time on the one I judge to be the best, but no way will I let that call sacrifice my top priority if I knew it would lend TT a helping hand indirectly. TCB was fine with me too.... Thinking back...really itchy backside...:(

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
v insightful...simple n logical yet so easy to forget when emotions run high during the election period...

Remember: Opposition hardline voters generally have no problem picking a moderate candidate over the PAP candidate, but moderate voters will split their votes between PAP candidate and hardline opposition candidate. There's a reason why the more successful opposition parties have been moderate opposition (WP, SPP, pre-CSJ SDP)

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't take it too hard on ourselves. When there is no exit polls to give us the info on who is leading and who is lagging, it makes tactical voting nothing more than guesswork.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
ironically i think new social media did not help much either even after discounting for the usual hyperbole...anyways those so called mainstream political commentators/pundits also got it wrong n were scrambling to spin when it went to the wire...
Can't take it too hard on ourselves. When there is no exit polls to give us the info on who is leading and who is lagging, it makes tactical voting nothing more than guesswork.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are missing the point. Some swung to avoid putting TT in office and give the PAP a black eye. There were indications that TCB might not get enough votes and it was an attempt to rally aroudnd the next best contender.

An attempt yes and even if TCB wins, we are still looking at a moderate president elect at best voted in by 1 in 3 Singaporeans. TCB strikes me as a gentleman doctor who would speak out if anything goes wrong but within the boundaries of the presidency. I have said this earlier, i saw him as the lesser of the three evils before TJS entered the fray.

No doubt the biggest winner till today is PAP, by some luck they have managed to hold off the inevitable for another 5-6 more years. By that i mean a bigger bloody nose. Now the looting of the state assets can start completely, i pray we are not fully bankrupted by 2021. :(