• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The PAP IB, who are they and what is their motivation?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The same can often be said about opposition logic which panders to the emotions and ignores stark economic reality.

Emotions and the economic reality are closely associated. You used the term "stark economic reality" appropriately as opposed to "statistical economic figures".

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Emotions and the economic reality are closely associated. You used the term "stark economic reality" appropriately as opposed to "statistical economic figures".

Singapore will not survive for the long term. The government knows this all too well but cannot say so openly and you have to read between the lines to get the real message.

In order for property values and growth in general to be sustained over the next 15 years, the import of foreigners has to continue. There is no other way. You can throw the PAP out and install the WP but they won't have a magic wand either. If the population is not boosted, the country will go into reverse in no time at all because it is not economically viable as a nation. It is simply too small.

The white paper proposal buys time for all true blue sinkies before the inevitable decline. It gives them from 2013 to approx 2030 to make their fortunes in whatever way they can so they can cash out. Detractors have labelled it a "population ponzi scheme" and that is exactly what it is as the population cannot grow forever given Singapore's finite space of only 700 sqm.

As is the case with all ponzi schemes, the trick to not losing your life savings is to cash out early before everyone else catches on. Do so within the next 5 to 7 years while the going is good.

If I'm still around in 2030, I don't want to have to say "I told you so".

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore will not survive for the long term. The government knows this all too well but cannot say so openly and you have to read between the lines to get the real message.

In order for property values and growth in general to be sustained over the next 15 years, the import of foreigners has to continue. There is no other way. You can throw the PAP out and install the WP but they won't have a magic wand either. If the population is not boosted, the country will go into reverse in no time at all because it is not economically viable as a nation.

The white paper proposal buys time for all true blue sinkies before the inevitable decline. It gives them from 2013 to approx 2030 to make their fortunes in whatever way they can so they can cash out. Detractors have labelled it a "population ponzi scheme" and that is exactly what it is as the population cannot grow forever given Singapore's finite space of only 700 sqm.

As is the case with all ponzi schemes, the trick to not losing your life savings is to cash out early before everyone else catches on. Do so within the next 5 to 7 years while the going is good.

If I'm still around in 2030, I don't want to have to say "I told you so".

these thoughts are not far fetched, when first read; the reality is many are doomed, as of now; the way forward if you subscribe to this line of thinking is to slow down that process, and multiply your estate; hence my lot is with WP

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
these thoughts are not far fetched, when first read; the reality is many are doomed, as of now; the way forward if you subscribe to this line of thinking is to slow down that process, and multiply your estate; hence my lot is with WP

Think of Singapore simply as a "Creative Technologies" on a larger scale. Singaporeans are the shareholders. Thanks to government, the share price has been able to hold above $30 for a considerable period of time and the white paper ensures that demand will be strong for another decade.

However, we all know what happens to technology companies over the long term. Just look at RIM, Nokia etc. Those who sold out while the going was good are enjoying the fruits of their labour. Those that hung on are stuck in limbo with no happy ending in sight.

I cannot fathom why you want to slow down the process. The sooner a pigeon hole is worth 1.5 million to 2 million dollars, the better it will be for all sinkies and the sooner you can cash out. I would recommend a speeding up of the process if possible as we live in uncertain times. There is no guarantee that Singapore will remain an attractive destination for foreigners. What is now the flavour of the month can become yesterday's news very quickly.

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think of Singapore simply as a "Creative Technologies" on a larger scale. Singaporeans are the shareholders. Thanks to government, the share price has been able to hold above $30 for a considerable period of time and the white paper ensures that demand will be strong for another decade.

However, we all know what happens to technology companies over the long term. Just look at RIM, Nokia etc. Those who sold out while the going was good are enjoying the fruits of their labour. Those that hung on are stuck in limbo with no happy ending in sight.

I cannot fathom why you want to slow down the process. The sooner a pigeon hole is worth 1.5 million to 2 million dollars, the better it will be for all sinkies and the sooner you can cash out. I would recommend a speeding up of the process if possible as we live in uncertain times. There is no guarantee that Singapore will remain an attractive destination for foreigners. What is now the flavour of the month can become yesterday's news very quickly.

i like to think of Apple's Steve Job and the talents, foreign and otherwise that replaced him; the key is "innovation" and he was exactly that an innovator; choosing the easy way out with dumbfuck ideas like immigation will bring us to a dodo fate; over the long term Nokia and technology companies fail because they did not "innovate" and do what the masses want ie iphone, ipads, galaxy etc

i was kind of disappointed that the WP did not pick this up in the white paper debate ........ but my lot is still with them in the grand scheme of things .. funding for innovation vs immigration

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
funding for innovation vs immigration

You can't fund for innovation. The most innovative amongst us never do it for the money. It is not what drives them.

When you fund for innovation, all you attract is the conmen and the charlatans.

Apple has had it's run. There will never be another Steve Jobs at Apple and my advice to shareholders who bought low is to take the USD500 per share and enjoy the rewards. It's a pity you didn't sell at USD700 but catching the peak is more luck than strategy anyway.

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
and my advice to shareholders who bought low is to take the USD500 per share and enjoy the rewards. It's a pity you didn't sell at USD700 but catching the peak is more luck than strategy anyway.

the point is most can't even be shareholders with the paltry sum they earn; they have been priced out of the market; the crux have been this for the longest time; the grouses have always been "my lot" have not improved whereas the board of directors have got it made; they have nothing to cash out with

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
the point is most can't even be shareholders with the paltry sum they earn; they have been priced out of the market; the crux have been this for the longest time; the grouses have always been "my lot" have not improved whereas the board of directors have got it made; they have nothing to cash out with

Anyone with a CPF account and pigeon hole is a shareholder and a substantial one by world standards.

Auckland is full of Heartlander Singaporeans who cashed out in 1995. They even cashed out their 2 year old cars and shipped them to NZ. They have not done a stroke of work since. You'd be surprised how far SGD500,000 can go in places like NZ.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak, you are too pessimistic. There are small countries that have survived and thrive. sinkapore can thrive too but not on the PAP-sellout policies. We don't need a 6.9 million population. A 4 million population is comfortable.
If sinkapore thinks it has to be big to survive, then it should seek to be a province or state of a big country that will benefit this tiny dot.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
There are small countries that have survived and thrive.

Yes but not at the level that Singapore is currently maintaining with a GDP twice that of NZ despite the Kiwis having abundant natural resources.

If Singapore's GDP falls to that of NZ, it will end up taking 30 years to build an additional MRT track. That's what's happening here. It will have no money for defence. No money for infrastructure maintenance. In Auckland, the roads are swept once a month and rubbish collected weekly or fortnightly. It's the price you pay for poverty.

If sinkapore thinks it has to be big to survive, then it should seek to be a province or state of a big country that will benefit this tiny dot.

That was LKY's original vision but race politics got in the way.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Definitely doom because a sinkie run company sucks big time. That's why there is NO internationally reputable sinkie company.

RIM and Nokia failed because they were too smug. RIM thought the world needed only its blackberry and ignored the consumer market. Nokia was never able to get a strong foothold in the US market which offers the highest profits.

sinkapore is attractive to aliens because it is the only country in the world where aliens can plunder with immunity. And they have done a good job so far. You can spit on a sinkie, the government will do nothing (eg. Seagate pinoy engineer who show his utter contempt for sinkees on FB). Aliens treat sinkapore as a playground and when they are bored and suck out every ounce of blood from this dot, they will leave.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was still not too late to sell sinkapore off in the last decade. But now, China has got sinkapore for cheap, it is just sending PRC over to gradually colonise the island like its policy on Tibet.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many ways to spin and do the MLM bubbles. Do the wrong one you die. This is one of them. No country is doom doom lah. GDP no grow cannot meh? Grow 1 to 2 percent cannot meh? Quality growth better then sick growth. If I make medical bills 100K and tie in with bank, what you earn will go straight to them when you die. But in the mean time GDP very high. Gahbrament can even sell debts that give SGPoreans health dollar money locked into accounting fake CPF accounts. You go see GP cost 1000 dollars per pop but pay with the phantom health dollar that the doctor only see 5 percent in cash, 5 percent in his phantom account fake CPF accounts and the rest will be tax deductables. How awesome is that? 1000 dollars of GDP per citizen and pr created. That is 3.5 billion! By this game, we could grow a few hundred billions!

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the issue remains, why this IB people cannot see that fundamentally this particular govt is not getting things right for the cuntry.

I am amazed at their pig headedness (sorry if I insulted any pigs).

Last time, any cuntry I go to, I always say good things abt spore, and people knew and appreciate what we achieved
But lately, I cannot boast anymore, cos now the only gd thing is changi airport where you can be in a cab home within 5 minutes of arrival.

Recently was in a mtg with an english chap, highly educated, very influential and astute chap, those mover shaker type, and who comes to spore frequently. He wanted to know whats going on with singapore now cos he could see that things were going downhill on his last trip, it used to be functioning so well, now its just chaotic and things are breaking down.

Investors dont give two hoots abt whether you and I live or die, they just want a stable place to put their money down and make more money, its reality, its capitalism. But when they get the jitters abt the place and they know its not because the people are anyhow kpkb, and there is systemic issues that the govt doesnt seem able to solve, its time for pinky to FO.

I hope the IB realise that.