• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The PAP’s Terrifying process of choosing Singapore’s next PM

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the UN ask the leader of singapore to deliver an address, they will ask the Prime Minister. Not the chairman of a sovereign wealth fund.

just look at our presidents to see that office roles mean fuck all. If Temasek is the bank roller they can make the PM say anything

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mahatier also got his own people take over. Look at his situation now. Sad.
Madhatir where got own people take over? All outsider leh, Anwar almost took over but failed, followed by Abdullah, and finally my idol, Najib.

If only he had put his son in earlier, now everything hosay liaoz. He can even give himself a “emeritus senile ministar mentos” title.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its illogical to compare currency exchange rates the way u are doing. Instead of talking about Sing dollar not dropping below Ringgit, the better question is whether the purchasing power of SIngapore dollar is greater then the Ringgit. I doubt it. From what i can see, its almost parity, a one to one exchange rate. for example, if you say that a SInkie needs $4000 a month to live comfortably in zikapore, well guess what, a Malaysian can also live comfortably on $4000 ringgit a month. In terms of purchasing power, its the same. The exchange rate does not benefit sinkies when they are spending the money here.
If u talk about PPP...than 4k ringgit buys less in mudland as compared to 4k sing in Singkieland. Just look at shopping in mudland. The same item in SGD is more in ringgit in mudland because the ringgit is low in value n inflation sets in faster. That is why heaps of m&ds r clamouring over to work in Singkieland. The only reason why Singkies go to mudland is cos after conversion. Mudland is cheaper. If ringgit goes to 2 to 1. No Singkie will go to mudland. Not worth it. N not everything is cheap in mudland after conversion hor ...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If u talk about PPP...than 4k ringgit buys less in mudland as compared to 4k sing in Singkieland. Just look at shopping in mudland. The same item in SGD is more in ringgit in mudland because the ringgit is low in value n inflation sets in faster. That is why heaps of m&ds r clamouring over to work in Singkieland. The only reason why Singkies go to mudland is cos after conversion. Mudland is cheaper. If ringgit goes to 2 to 1. No Singkie will go to mudland. Not worth it. N not everything is cheap in mudland after conversion hor ...

U have to look at the whole basket of goods lah. U can rent something very decent in Malaysia for $1800 ringgit a month. The same unit in singapore will cost the same if not slightly more. Petrol is also cheaper. Cars are also cheaper. When u look in totality, $4000 ringgit is very comfortable living in malaysia. Same as $4000 sing spend in Zikapore.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
U have to look at the whole basket of goods lah. U can rent something very decent in Malaysia for $1800 ringgit a month. The same unit in singapore will cost the same if not slightly more. Petrol is also cheaper. Cars are also cheaper. When u look in totality, $4000 ringgit is very comfortable living in malaysia. Same as $4000 sing spend in Zikapore.

CAD$1=SGD$1.05 roughly

But cars in Canada cheaper than in Malaysia!

Basket of goods?

Aiyah Sinkieland and bolehland both fucked up.

It is like trying to compare the shit in my toilet bowl vs your shit in your toilet bowl. All shit

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dollar for ringgit...the pay in mudland is also lower. Not many mudlanders earn 4k ringgit. If soo good why all the m&ds beg to come Singkieland to work?

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cos m&ds are even MORE stupid than Sinkies!
Because m&d towkays r more cheap skate than Singkie towkays.. hahaha. More the economy lah.. long time ago...my m&d computer technician colleague tell me that for the same job in mudland..the pay is lower in ringgit.that why he come to spore to work. I believe that till today it's still the same.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He doesn't wish to step down yet but why did he make an announcement of stepping down. Isn't it interesting.

Too many skeletons in the closet, how to handover his and wife dirty laundry quietly? He didn't want to, but GCT insisted that he should by hook or by crooks.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless the PAP activate the army to fight for them against sinkies demonstrating en masse on the street, they cannot stay in power. The PAP is not the organs of govt. Its perfectly expected that the trains will run, the airport will operate, lifts will work, etc. after the PAP has been kicked out.

Assuming that the local Singaporeans are brave, daring and courageous to take steps to gather and proceed to an en masse demonstration.
In that scenario, it is very likely the Minister of Law and Minister of Home Affairs will activate and mobilized the relevant units of the Singapore Police Force, possibly including the SPF Gurkha Unit, to contain the unlawful gathering.
After the containment and probably arrests, whether or not the then PAP Ministers and government chose to remain and govern, it is very likely that the system will continue to function.
Therefore, if the stock market and real estate market were to decline significantly, those individuals with the financial resources and guts, will seize the opportunity to buy low.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the army comprises of citizens and not Gurkhas or professional soldiers or mercenaries. It will be impossible to ask a unit to fire on 50,000 demonstrators knowing some of the demonstrators might be their friends and relatives. Any act of non violent social disobedience will be enough to panic the PAP and its leadership. They have never dealt with any adversity and when they see the police and the army cannot control the masses on the street, then running road is the only option I can see for them. Certainly, when I was in the army, I would never fire on demonstrators if ordered to do so. I think the people know the PAP has many flaws and to blindly follow them in this sort of action (i.e. shooting people on the streets), will just not fly with them.

I do not believe that that many, 50,000 Singaporeans will rise and stand up, to demonstrate.
Unless, the new generation, that is those under age 30, think and act differently.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gurkha report into MHA. Their command and control is very interesting. The primary job is to wipe out immediately any SAF unit that goes rogue. They are trained as soldiers by British Army soldiers who are on contract here.

They are not allowed to deal or mix with MID for obvious reasons.

The SPF's Gurkha Unit is not allowed to mix and interact with local Singaporeans.
Their officers are Gurkhas and British.
The highest ranking officer, appears to be a British individual, with the rank of a Deputy Assistant Commissioner.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies are meek lemmings. Demonstrations are not in their genes.
just tell spf a chee is in the streets and they will gladly respond and play holding hands in a circle and sing kumbaya.
CE54A3AF-3322-467C-BE3F-3E1DE1D9A6A0.jpeg

KNNBPCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those who have an hour to spare should watch this episode of Yes Minister. It illustrates the process whereby Jim Hacker ends up winning the party leadership despite the fact that he is hardly the most capable. It's one of my favorite episodes and is absolutely hilarious.

The best parts are when the minister is being hoodwinked by his civil servant. :p