• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The old woman at Hri Kumar's CPF dialogue owns a landed property?!

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....Your logic is twisted. She is asking for flexibility to use her money, not the government.

Totally agree.

The fact that she owns a landed property and may be half of the land in Sinkieland is immaterial.

What is material is why she can't withdraw her own CPF money now that she's 76?

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What she owns is immaterial. The CPF money belongs to her and there is NO justification for the government withholding what is hers.
Why should she have to sell her house for her retirement when the she has the cash in the CPF?

She has the right to withdraw her CPF money like every one else even though she owns private property. Pappies introduced the min sum and pushed up the retirement age too.

Asking her to sell her house to fund her retirement does not make sense. Do the pappies want her to leave her money in CPF and let the Govt take it when she dies without next of kin or a nominee?

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm equally bemused by those who accuse her of voting for PAP. On what basis did they make this conclusion? Her housing type or what? :confused:

in the video (4:00).:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[video=youtube;zTzVeU3Uj6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTzVeU3Uj6k#t=161[/video]

Last edited:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really cannot understand why some people begrudge her just because she lives in a landed property. cpf and her housing type are 2 separate matters.
I'm equally bemused by those who accuse her of voting for PAP. On what basis did they make this conclusion? Her housing type or what? :confused:

Kulgai, it is obvious that you did not watch the video involving this 76 yo lady. She declared that she is/was a devotee of lky and the pap. Next time, please dun shoot your mouth without basis also.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The attached (newspaper?) article/cutting said she is a resident of one of the landed estates.
Resident does not equate to ownership-anyone knows her address/full name and done a title search?

Anyway I agree with many here that we are all entitled to our CPF monies at 55 irrespective of whatever assets we own-
and the inflexibility of the min sum scheme only makes it worse-you can be starving and still not draw out your own monies-absolutely ridiculous and certainly very cruel.

So will this auntie go on stage during next election rally to publicise her plight to all ?

jw5

Loyal
This is simply one example of the typical pappy mentality that you have to be dying of starvation or rotting from disease, before you can be offered some assistance, let alone being given back what is rightfully yours.

One of these days, they may just tell you that you need to keep a "maximum sum" because you have a certain amount of money in your bank account and don't need what is in your cpf. Goodness gracious shit, are we going down that road where you have to prove you are totally helpless, before you can even get back what is yours? Some kind of means testing for cpf withdrawal. :eek:

Thank goodness my cpf is all pledged to soil (not nightsoil lol) research, PROVIDED the researchers promise to dedicate their whole lives to this cause. :p

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those people who lived in upper Thomson area estates , many are ex-civil servants, many have worked hard all their lives, paying off the "landed properties", many in these estates are staunched PAP supporters, you may say, die-hards. Many too are hard dying, for on paper they look rich....who is holding their retirement money??...whom did they vote for? they believed in a PAP MP in that area for years, before it was merged into a GRC..

Right, it is not what you own....it is what you have saved in your retirement account....that should be given back & not, at any time, now or future, set up more & more regulations to lengthen the disbursement of the money & singing all sorts of 'songs', on "you cannot mange your own money", "you go Bintan & spend in all"...??? how about they going CHINA & lost it all?? or anywhere??

Whom did she voted & believe in?? at 70+...struggling..it is a crying shame!

There is a location in Thomson known as Teachers Estate. Special low prices were given to teachers in the early days. So does not mean they are rich.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a location in Thomson known as Teachers Estate. Special low prices were given to teachers in the early days. So does not mean they are rich.

Teachers Estate was built by the Teachers Co-operative Society, I think, one estate at Upper Paya Lebar Road, Windsor Park Estate,one at Mayflower Estate, etc....houses there used to cost $20,000 - $36,000...& this was way back into the 60's...up to the early 70's....they were low cost affordable housing for the teachers...

At current moment they terrace house/semi detach...can fetch from 1million to 3million...30 years loan?? many would have paid up their loans, in the 90's or 00's....many would have retired with a tidy sum, if they had sold off their properties...many had migrated & many have passed away.

are they rich?? & needing their CPF money...why not....CPF is their money, not for others to keep!!...I want them back too!

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teachers Estate was built by the Teachers Co-operative Society, I think, one estate at Upper Paya Lebar Road, Windsor Park Estate,one at Mayflower Estate, etc....houses there used to cost $20,000 - $36,000...& this was way back into the 60's...up to the early 70's....they were low cost affordable housing for the teachers...

At current moment they terrace house/semi detach...can fetch from 1million to 3million...30 years loan?? many would have paid up their loans, in the 90's or 00's....many would have retired with a tidy sum, if they had sold off their properties...many had migrated & many have passed away.

are they rich?? & needing their CPF money...why not....CPF is their money, not for others to keep!!...I want them back too!

Yes CPF is our money. We want it back

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes CPF is our money. We want it back

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
In life, you have to live with the decisions you make.

That woman is bonkers.

But in this case, the decision was not made by her, it was the PAP who made the decision. The PAP took away her right to decide for herself through the abuse of legislation. This is precisely the issue why there's so much anger among the people. The PAP confiscated our right to decide for ourselves what we want to do with our own money. The PAP seized our right so that it can do whatever it wants with our money. We are now having to live with the decision made by PAP, not by ourselves.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There must be a choice and such choices cannot accompany with small fine print.

Now, this is beyond the issue of trust. Whether we trust the govt or not is not an issue.

Because any political party is only given the mandate to rule the country for that duration.

Hence, a ruling party does not constitute the government in perpetuity.

To allow the govt to suka suka side-step or change the constitution until all our rights are diluted
must not be allowed to happen and if it had happened, then we must abolish the constitution and
start afresh again.

To do that, there must be a public referendum. There are a few ways to have this public referendum.

There is a right way and a might way and right is might.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But in this case, the decision was not made by her, it was the PAP who made the decision. The PAP took away her right to decide for herself through the abuse of legislation. This is precisely the issue why there's so much anger among the people. The PAP confiscated our right to decide for ourselves what we want to do with our own money. The PAP seized our right so that it can do whatever it wants with our money. We are now having to live with the decision made by PAP, not by ourselves.

there is freedom of choice nonetheless. for example, i withdrew all my cpf money, making it impossible for any gov to legislate my money in their favor. :p

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I really cannot understand why some people begrudge her just because she lives in a landed property. cpf and her housing type are 2 separate matters.
its called sour grapes
leading to attcks
screw bollah famous for this

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah! Hri Kumar's bouncer with manhandling tactics and that ugly, insensitive cheongsam stupig woman........LOL!!!

Share them with everyone.....

Taken off the YT video...........

2310.gif
2312.gif

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cA80X5pHj_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>​