• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oranje (4-2-3-1): Stekelenburg; Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Willems; De Jong, Van Bommel; Robben, Sneijder, Afellay; Van Persie.

Die Mannschaft (4-2-3-1): Neuer; Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm; Khedira, Schweinsteiger; Müller, Özil, Podolski; Gómez

jw5

Loyal
This is funny. Shay is suggesting that his team should also park the bus like England. :biggrin:

Actually, they should play both McGeady and McClean and try to go for it, take teams by surprise because no amount of buses
they park will stop the top teams. :biggrin:

CheesePie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This burger predicted 3-1 to Holland but i will never agree unless their opponent is NOT Germany. :biggrin:

Will Holland redeem itself when it meets Germany?

by Sadat Osman
13 June 2012 12:30 PM | Updated 12:38 PM

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin: 4px 0px; ">Photo for illustration purposes only. (Photo / WikiMedia Commons)</cite>
The Group of Death (group B) will see its second round of games later on.

Two European giants, Holland and Germany, will go head-to-head for the 40th time in history at the Metalist Stadium in Kharkiv, Ukraine tonight (2.45am Singapore time).

The Dutch and the Germans have an affinity for reaching the final but the way things are, the former is holding on to the shorter end of the stick.

Oranje featured a strong attacking side against Denmark but failed to convert their chances.

It was clear that they were the better side despite their loss.

Ibrahim Afellay was undoubtedly the wrong choice upfront that night.

His inexperience showed. You just had to look at all his strayed shots.

They will look at rectifying their attacking options with Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, top scorer in the Bundesliga, as well as Rafael van der Vaart who holds 150 career goals. Both were left out of the opening game against the Danes.

Robin Van Persie, usually a prolific goal-scorer, will aim to let his scoring boots do the talking this time after looking a bit lost in his last match.

If he can link up with Arjen Robben, Holland will stand a good chance against the Germans. And Robben would probably be wondering why he wasn’t passing the ball much when he reviewed the match on tape the next day.

Germany on the other hand, collected the full three points in their last outing against Portugal, even though many would consider their performance far from their usual potent style.

A mere one goal victory for them is also considered to be an underachievement.

And it took them 72 minutes to score. But nonetheless, credit must also go to the Portuguese for putting up a strong defence.

Miroslav Klose, a formidable forward that has 63 international goals in 117 appearances, was warming the bench in the first game. He will want to get a spot in the first-eleven no doubt.

The German defence, featuring the likes of Mats Hummels and captain Philipp Lahm, need to up their game because Holland is no Portugal – they will attack at all costs because a loss may mean elimination from the tournament.

The three-time European champion’s defensive record is not great, conceding seven in their last five international outings.

A German victory will see them seal a spot in the quarterfinals and that will be their objective tonight.

It would be an interesting game to watch as many of the Holland players play their club football in Germany and might be familiar with some of the Germans’ style of play.

The odds favour Joachim Löw’s side to snatch a win but not by a huge margin.

However, my prediction sees Holland beating Germany with a score line of 3-1.

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oranje (4-2-3-1): Stekelenburg; Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Willems; De Jong, Van Bommel; Robben, Sneijder, Afellay; Van Persie.

Die Mannschaft (4-2-3-1): Neuer; Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm; Khedira, Schweinsteiger; Müller, Özil, Podolski; Gómez

Boss, i won a kkj for you already. :biggrin: What other spare parts you need? I all in hamtam Germany TG Over 2.5. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
looking at his national level, he is jus another Torres.:biggrin:

I prefer Torres, at least he works hard every game and doesn't blame his team mates.
Just now, peacock lost the ball once and he blamed his team mates for not warning him. :eek:

jw5

Loyal
The key to the next game is Robben.
If he has a good game, Holland will win or at least draw.
But if he has a selfish stinker like the first game, Germany will win.
Wesley and RVP don't get along, and they may quarrel during the game.
Germany have yet to unleash Gotze, Schurrle and Reus. Klose is also looking to break Gerd Muller's record.
Hope another high scoring game.................................

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer Torres, at least he works hard every game and doesn't blame his team mates.
Just now, peacock lost the ball once and he blamed his team mates for not warning him. :eek:
he thinks everyone must play around him.
knn i see his misses, im stunned.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Germany have yet to unleash Gotze, Schurrle and Reus. Klose is also looking to break Gerd Muller's record.

ibet score 2-1. :biggrin:

CheesePie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Do you know why Germany lost 5-3 recently to Switzerland on their friendly match? Because No. 2 Marc Stegen who is solid (only) at club level and lacked International experience was put on trial by Joachim. Part of the reason for Switzerland's win was also because the Swiss had wanted to break the voodoo. :biggrin: