• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Next RP Secretary-General

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
it would be a great opportunity for 4 wandering jews to infiltrate and gradually dominate RP. they will then be known as the FANTASICK FOUR!!:eek:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this move would be greatly supported... provided Philip J. would prove his conviction is rock steady, like his dad...

if philip wanted a part in politics, he would have done it when the father was alive and not now.

it really gireves him for the loss of his old man who i believe would have spend more time with his grand children.

maybe chiatilik could consider in steering RP since he's partyless....and please do gather some mosses this time, chia.:smile:

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
if philip wanted a it really gireves him for the loss of hilieve would have spend more time with his grand children.maybe chiaP since he's partyless....and please do gsses this time, chia.:smile:

did you ask your PAP mp baey to widen the longkang at Blk 171 Stirling Road to accommodate your diabetic fat and ugly corpse when you jump from the 9th storey .... LOL

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another possibility is, Philip J. comes in and takes over.

That should be left to the Reform Party members to vote upon. I disagree with any attempt that the seat should be passed to his son just because its his son. If the son is to be sec-gen, then he should earn it first- by starting at the bottom.

Therefore, the RP should not be talking about democracy in theory and then practising a monarchy system within its own framework in reality.

Thus it should be voted upon; if Edmund wins it, then he has the mandate from his members to manage the party and to set a direction. Its only right a primary election is the best way to go.

Last edited:

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think Philip is interested in politics, otherwise he would have joined his father a long time ago. He has too much to lose from an altercation with the PAP.

As for the next leader of Reform Party, Teck Siong should take over the mantle as he is the closest ally of JBJ.

Frankly speaking, I don't see Edmund Ng going far.

That should be left to the Reform Party members to vote upon. I disagree with any attempt that the seat should be passed to his son just because its his son. If the son is to be sec-gen, then he should earn it first- by starting at the bottom.

Therefore, the RP should not be talking about democracy in theory and then practising a monarchy system within its own framework in reality.

Thus it should be voted upon; if Edmund wins it, then he has the mandate from his members to manage the party and to set a direction. Its only right a primary election is the best way to go.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think Philip is interested in politics, otherwise he would have joined his father a long time ago. He has too much to lose from an altercation with the PAP.

As for the next leader of Reform Party, Teck Siong should take over the mantle as he is the closest ally of JBJ.

Frankly speaking, I don't see Edmund Ng going far.

It should still be based on an primary election. Let the candidates, most likely down to two at most, run against each other fair and square and let the members vote. Since the party isn't that big, it shouldn't be a problem.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The situation now as apparent is:

1. RP may be broken up or at least sidelined into electoral insignificance if there's no recruitment both of quality and in quantity.

2. When J.B.J. was alive, Philip J. wouldn't join PAP cause of the enmity between his dad and PAP under L.K.Y. Neither would he join WP cause of the animosity between his dad and WP under L.T.K. Now that his dad has passed on, he should be a prime recruitment target for both PAP and WP.

jw5

Loyal

1. RP may be broken up or at least sidelined into electoral insignificance if there's no recruitment both of quality and in quantity.

2. When J.B.J. was alive, Philip J. wouldn't join PAP cause of the enmity between his dad and PAP under L.K.Y. Neither would he join WP cause of the animosity between his dad and WP under L.T.K. Now that his dad has passed on, he should be a prime recruitment target for both PAP and WP.
Interesting point.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal

Same sentiment..I hope Philip will be under WP's banner.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
That should be left to the Reform Party members to vote upon. I disagree with any attempt that the seat should be passed to his son just because its his son. If the son is to be sec-gen, then he should earn it first- by starting at the bottom.......

In reality, whoever can be an icon and bring the party to the new height can be seated as SG or Chairperson, in the case of WP Chairperson Sylvia Lim - with the support from WP members.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good point. Likewise I always thought that Ah Chee was criticizing PAP undemocratic values on one side but funny enough, he control SDP like a dictator, even practicing "personality cult worship" where he is perceived as a hero by the enlightened few.

anyway I think Reform Party should join PAP asap... :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good point. Likewise I always thought that Ah Chee was criticizing PAP undemocratic values on one side but funny enough, he control SDP like a dictator, even practicing "personality cult worship" where he is perceived as a hero by the enlightened few.

anyway I think Reform Party should join PAP asap... :biggrin:

Why PAP? Why not NSP, SPP or WP?