• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The latest and greatest HAZE updates and commentry

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: How bad is the haze!!!! The haze is so bad.......................

Today full moon , no haze :biggrin:
Tomorrow ?
:eek: :eek: :eek:

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need advice: Will Pinky reimburse me for the trauma suffered as a result of haze?

Hi bros,

I've been unable to sleep well at night since the smog/haze started more than a week ago. I put on N95 mask even when I sleep.

When I'm awake, I will try to stop breathing for as long as I can. As of now, I am able to stop breathing completely for 30 minutes at a stretch.

But more importantly, I'm suffering psychologically from the trauma brought on by the smog.

Pinky recently announced patients at government-run clinics need only pay a maximum of $10.

Does it cover treatment for psychological stress directly related to the smog?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quite eerie, the various locations shown.
Like scenes from some sci-fi movie.

I still remember a time when Spore had a population of 2.2 million.
Back then it was more peaceful compared to today.

Unfortunately nowadays it takes disasters like SARs, haze,... to bring back that old time feeling of uncrowdedness.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Need advice: Will Pinky reimburse me for the trauma suffered as a result of haze?

Hold your breath till you pass out and drop dead.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Need advice: Will Pinky reimburse me for the trauma suffered as a result of haze?

Wow you can hold your breath for 30mins..continue to hold it even w/o haze, soon you will be the man with greatest stamina on earth..dun need scare being drowned also. You should look at it positively.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

TS

This is the country that put away a man for 32 years, a world record. The guy was a physics lecturer at a university and former elected member of parliament. They did not find one bullet, let alone a penknife on him.

You will be lucky if they do not institutionalise you for raising the issue.

Last edited:

TeamDrifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hi bros,

I've been unable to sleep well at night since the smog/haze started more than a week ago. I put on N95 mask even when I sleep.

When I'm awake, I will try to stop breathing for as long as I can. As of now, I am able to stop breathing completely for 30 minutes at a stretch.

But more importantly, I'm suffering psychologically from the trauma brought on by the smog.

Pinky recently announced patients at government-run clinics need only pay a maximum of $10.

Does it cover treatment for psychological stress directly related to the smog?

Are you hotbot?

Someday

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: what do the mozzies and the haze have in common?

http://aqicn.org/city/singapore/west/

ONBLtds.jpg

Last edited:

Someday

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Masks available at Fairprice outlets from Monday

POSTED: 23 Jun 2013 9:50 PM

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VCtjVsdHo84?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

SINGAPORE: NTUC FairPrice said face masks, including N95 face masks, will be restocked and available at all 115 FairPrice supermarkets, FairPrice Finest and FairPrice Xtra hypermarkets from Monday.

It said a fresh consignment of face masks arrived over the weekend from various suppliers and the Ministry of Health.

Each customer will only be allowed to buy 10 N95 masks.

Those wanting to buy 3-ply and 4-ply surgical face masks in 50-piece boxes will also be limited to one box per person.

There will be no purchase limit imposed on surgical face masks in smaller packs.

FairPrice said the face masks will be affordably priced to curb profiteering and to set benchmark prices.

Mr Seah Kian Peng, CEO of NTUC FairPrice, said: "We urge our customers to only purchase what they need for their personal use so that everyone who needs a face mask may be able to have one.

"We will continue to source for more face masks overseas and locally to provide for our customers," he added.

- CNA/jc

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
One solution which may please everybody affected by the haze is - if slash and burn techniques are indispensable - for companies and commercial interests to change the seasonal burning to during the months of N0v - April. This is the period in which the prevailing wind directions are from the north and NE. There is nobody living to the SW of sumatra unless the people of Madagascar still get affected or Riau (in which case, let the javanese take umbrage).

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the wet season - fires get doused as soon as they are started.

One solution which may please everybody affected by the haze is - if slash and burn techniques are indispensable - for companies and commercial interests to change the seasonal burning to during the months of N0v - April. This is the period in which the prevailing wind directions are from the north and NE. There is nobody living to the SW of sumatra unless the people of Madagascar still get affected or Riau (in which case, let the javanese take umbrage).

Slayer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haze "Tai chi" over to Malaysia with a whopping PSI 750

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d1M8R1SBrbE?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Singapore begins to clear
June 23 - Smog begins to dissipate in Singapore, but clouds skies over Malaysia. Julie Noce reports.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Haze "Tai chi" over to Malaysia with a whopping PSI 750

apologies if this has already been posted here , but i just found this online

n95 (FILEminimizer).jpg

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Haze "Tai chi" over to Malaysia with a whopping PSI 750

Wow..the pap now can claim its their good governance n pinky has the mandate of heaven that the skies are now clear again as compared to mudland.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d1M8R1SBrbE?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Singapore begins to clear
June 23 - Smog begins to dissipate in Singapore, but clouds skies over Malaysia. Julie Noce reports.