• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Hypocrisy of Lawrence Wong

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
n today’s Straits times there is a full page article entitled “Managing the tensions of tribal politics by Minister Lawrence”.

I do not think that any Singaporean would have the patience and the time to plough through this 10,000 word essay simply because:

First it is far too long and second, what is the relevance of American tribalism to us?

Our politicians like to ape the West. So when Americans become tribal we also become tribal.

If Minister Wong wants to talk about racial politics just say so. Why disguise it under the rubric of tribal politics? Just look across the causeway and to Burma he will be able to find myriads of examples of racial tribal politics right at our back door. Why is there this need to go around the world to look at America and compare their divisive politics with Singapore?

Anyway I went to the last paragraph of his long-winded article and quote him as follows:

“We may not always arrive at the perfect solution. But we will never let any group feel unheard, ignored or excluded. We will never let any group feel boxed in or ostracized. All must feel that they are part of the Singapore conversation: all must feel that they are part of the Singapore family; all must feel there is hope for the future”.

There is so much splendor in his rhetoric but I would simply ask him:

What have you done to the 60000 Singaporeans whom you have banished from the normal discourse of life in Singapore – from the malls the eating places the hospitals and their work places all with the stroke of a pen without any consultation or conversation that you wrote about?

More at https://shrtcô.de/47PkKx

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why is there this need to go around the world to look at America and compare their divisive politics with Singapore?

Bro Lawerence wants to avoid pissing off our neighbours. Most sinkies are aware of the divisive politics in indon and jiuhu, and the political instability that exists in every ASEAN country other than Singapore and perhaps Brunei.

Our politicians like to ape the West. So when Americans become tribal we also become tribal.

It's the oppies who like to ape the West, especially in their belief that voters here should vote for a revolving door government with freak election results.

“We may not always arrive at the perfect solution. But we will never let any group feel unheard, ignored or excluded. We will never let any group feel boxed in or ostracized. All must feel that they are part of the Singapore conversation: all must feel that they are part of the Singapore family; all must feel there is hope for the future”.

That's why Ah Gong set up the People's Association and filled it with grassroots leaders like me. In recent years after 2011, our good PM also conducted Conversations with Sinkies to learn more about their problems and frustrations. Since then, PAP has regained the trust of the majority of sinkies.

Majulah

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this your ah gong ?

1637851417168.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What have you done to the 60000 Singaporeans whom you have banished from the normal discourse of life in Singapore – from the malls the eating places the hospitals and their work places all with the stroke of a pen without any consultation or conversation that you wrote about?

Totalitarian shithole need consultation? Maybe, but only as a form of wayang to pretend to be a consultative government, but they have already made their decision. Refer to the POFMA 'debates'. :biggrin:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have stopped listening to their crap long ago and judge them by their actions eg they say nobody will be left behind and start to import thousands of CECA and millions of foreigners to displace locals.
They say all is equal before the law and yet 1st gen PR and new citizens exempted from NS , etc.

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Lawerence wants to avoid pissing off our neighbours. Most sinkies are aware of the divisive politics in indon and jiuhu, and the political instability that exists in every ASEAN country other than Singapore and perhaps Brunei.

It's the oppies who like to ape the West, especially in their belief that voters here should vote for a revolving door government with freak election results.

That's why Ah Gong set up the People's Association and filled it with grassroots leaders like me. In recent years after 2011, our good PM also conducted Conversations with Sinkies to learn more about their problems and frustrations. Since then, PAP has regained the trust of the majority of sinkies.
I thought you like to suck CCS kkj? Now sucking up to Lawrence?