• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Greatest Olympian Ever Micheal Phelps takes on 1 Billion (Guess Which Race)

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/sports/olympics/article_a51885ea-d814-5dee-b3c1-c3d078d9df77.html

One billion vs. one: Michael Phelps' one-man medal haul could match all of India

LONDON – Saturday will be the first time in his life that Michael Phelps has managed to catch 1.24 billion people from behind. Move over, India. You’re about to have company on the all-time medal podium.

With Phelps a virtual lock to capture his 22nd career medal in the 400 medley relay on Saturday night, he’ll tie with India at 22 on the all-time podium. That’s right, Phelps has accomplished as much in his Olympic career as all the athletes in India’s history combined – men and women. Not bad for one guy vs. one billion plus.

[ Video: Is Michael Phelps the greatest Olympian ever? ]

Not that India should feel bad. When Phelps hits the 22 mark, he’ll move into a tie for 54th place on the all-time country podium. As in, 54th in the total medal count of every … single … country … in the modern Olympics. In forever. At least India can claim a tie. Countries like Morocco (21), Thailand (21), Lithuania (16), Chile (13), and Venezuela (12) are all looking up at the one-man medal machine. And while Phelps has ruled out the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro, Americans can take heart. He surely made the decision without the knowledge of where he stands on the all-time medal board. Ireland and Nigeria are sitting at 23 … and they’ve really been asking for it.

Read more: http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/spor...814-5dee-b3c1-c3d078d9df77.html#ixzz22gP4bySM

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/sports/olympics/article_a51885ea-d814-5dee-b3c1-c3d078d9df77.html

One billion vs. one: Michael Phelps' one-man medal haul could match all of India

LONDON – Saturday will be the first time in his life that Michael Phelps has managed to catch 1.24 billion people from behind. Move over, India. You’re about to have company on the all-time medal podium.

With Phelps a virtual lock to capture his 22nd career medal in the 400 medley relay on Saturday night, he’ll tie with India at 22 on the all-time podium. That’s right, Phelps has accomplished as much in his Olympic career as all the athletes in India’s history combined – men and women. Not bad for one guy vs. one billion plus.

[ Video: Is Michael Phelps the greatest Olympian ever? ]

Not that India should feel bad. When Phelps hits the 22 mark, he’ll move into a tie for 54th place on the all-time country podium. As in, 54th in the total medal count of every … single … country … in the modern Olympics. In forever. At least India can claim a tie. Countries like Morocco (21), Thailand (21), Lithuania (16), Chile (13), and Venezuela (12) are all looking up at the one-man medal machine. And while Phelps has ruled out the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro, Americans can take heart. He surely made the decision without the knowledge of where he stands on the all-time medal board. Ireland and Nigeria are sitting at 23 … and they’ve really been asking for it.

Read more: http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/spor...814-5dee-b3c1-c3d078d9df77.html#ixzz22gP4bySM

That is the stupidiest comparison i've ever seen. Indians don't swim, if they swim in the filthy Ganges river there will be 1 billion less Indians in the world.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the stupidiest comparison i've ever seen. Indians don't swim, if they swim in the filthy Ganges river there will be 1 billion less Indians in the world.

More like Michael Phelps will jump out of the pool at a speed faster than his Olympic records.

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not that stupid. It is not about Indians swimming.

I feel they should merge the distances in swimming. Just one good swimmer tends to dominate too many categories. Whereas team sports requiring the combined talents of many sportsmen still gets only one medal. No of fence to Phelps ......but one man winning more medals than most countries EVER since the beginning of modern Olympics?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not that stupid. It is not about Indians swimming.

I feel they should merge the distances in swimming. Just one good swimmer tends to dominate too many categories. Whereas team sports requiring the combined talents of many sportsmen still gets only one medal. No of fence to Phelps ......but one man winning more medals than most countries EVER since the beginning of modern Olympics?

You must be kidding. The guys at the IOC squeezed their freaking brain juice to come out with events that could help the influential nations win more medals... eg. BEACH VOLLEYBALL ??? I feel sorry for the decathlons participants, or the gym individuals who have to complete 6 events to win one medal.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this a race or Nationality thing? Is the Olympics a Racial or Nationality thing? Im abit confused.

Americans regardless of Race supports America because they are Americans AND then you have The Chinese who supports anyone Chinese.

I support Individuals etc. Micheal Phelps, Roger Federar, Chong Wei, Usain bolt and the Brazilian football team.

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be kidding. The guys at the IOC squeezed their freaking brain juice to come out with events that could help the influential nations win more medals... eg. BEACH VOLLEYBALL ??? I feel sorry for the decathlons participants, or the gym individuals who have to complete 6 events to win one medal.
I have always felt the decathletes were the ultimate Olympians.

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems Like many peopLe have chosen to forget Mark Spitz..
He was less successful than M Phelps. Does he have any other talents other than swimming?

To be fair he has won more medals than SG ever did in all the Olympics to date.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To me, it was Spitz who singLe handedLy brought swimmming up to the WorLd's attention..:cool: