• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The GE Gold Cup Thread

What You Guys Think ?

• less than 8 seats

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 8 to 15 seats

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • 16 up to 34 seats

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • 35 seats or more

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: GE Predication- Close Fight in 9 GRC

WP
Anjunied GRC WP win 57%
East C oast GRC 50-50
Jalan Besar GRC PAP win 56%
Nee Soon GRC PAP win 57%
Marine Parade GRC PAP win 61%

NSP

Tampines GRC PAP win 56%

SPP

Bishan TP GRC PAP win 59%

SFP

TP GRC PAP win 60%

SDp

Holland BT PAP win 61%

Other GRC PAP sure win

Grassroots predict similar results, except for a closer fight for Aljunied GRC, but with WP currently having the advantage.

That means, after GE2015, status quo remains. And we can now focus on less populist policies such as restricting the inflow of foreign talent.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good to be optimistic but I dont see MIW losing badly. Not because they are great. But because other than WP, the rest have yet to catch-up. Old faces still running. To exacerbare matters, opportunists. Have they put in the ground work after 2011?

I hope another 1 or 2 GRCs pengsan. And, another 1 or 2 SMCs for the Opposition. My bet is on WP.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good to be optimistic but I dont see MIW losing badly. Not because they are great. But because other than WP, the rest have yet to catch-up. Old faces still running. To exacerbare matters, opportunists. Have they put in the ground work after 2011?

I hope another 1 or 2 GRCs pengsan. And, another 1 or 2 SMCs for the Opposition. My bet is on WP.

Feel good NDP factor still there. Lots of people waving flags, flags on cars, and at parade I sense the patriotic fever up a notch from previous NDPs. If the ND rally is a rousing one, then the PAP really played this to perfection. All the discontents, grouses, grievances will be forgotten when the election starts. The Opp needs to ratchet up their voices to take the initiative back otherwise it will be KO at the polls!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I remember that after GE2011, there was a sudden fervour for grassroots and community work amongst the opposition. Nicole Seah started some tuition group, and various opposition started some sort of grassroots volunteer work. Not sure if these works still continued, or fizzled out after a year or so.

Grassroots work is hard work. You may mock grassrooters as running dogs or traitors, but nonetheless, they are still there year after year doing the volunteer work. While grassroots work usually don't go viral, they often translate into votes for the ruling party, and a cementing of perception that the opposition does nothing except turn up during election time.

Opposition is not there to hand out goodies, not there for community dinners and festivities, not there to give out bursaries or listen to residents' complaints, not there to chair local associations. People don't know the opposition people, and the only folks who vote for opposition are the die-hard opposition cocksuckers or some disgruntled former PAP voters.

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do you know the meaning of "self-fulfilling prophecy"?

WP is not the only oppo party that is working hard. Can you please be more objective?

It is sickening to see all these bias WP supporters talking negative about the other oppo parties until I am sick of the WP.

I did not start off disliking the WP but now I am really sick of it.

WP supporters keep on saying that other parties cannot make it. Use it as an excuse to "snatch" choice GRCs and SMCs with strong-arm tactics from other oppo parties. If WP is that good, why fight with NSP for Marine Parade and Jln Besar GRCs, why doesn't it try to go contest in Pasir Ris GRC or West Coast GRC????

For once, can you please be more fair and think of Singapore as a whole and not just WP. Sickening. I do not care if you are an old-timer in this SB forum and I am new.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

WP is not the only oppo party that is working hard. Can you please be more objective?

It is sickening to see all these bias WP supporters talking negative about the other oppo parties until I am sick of the WP.

WP supporters keep on saying that other parties cannot make it. Use it as an excuse to "snatch" choice GRCs and SMCs with strong-arm tactics from other oppo parties. If WP is that good, why fight with NSP for Marine Parade and Jln Besar GRCs, why doesn't it try to go contest in Pasir Ris GRC or West Coast GRC????

For once, can you please be more fair and think of Singapore as a whole and not just WP. Sickening. I do not care if you are an old-timer in this SB forum and I am new.

The hard truth is the realistically only the WP can challenge the PAP now and we do want WP to grow in nos so that they can be the alternate party. None of the other Opp can claim this. So it's really common sense. I see some Opp say they will vote for anyone even a dog than PAP, so why not give your vote to WP who have the best chance?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

WP successfully rebuilt their brand name as a reliable opposition. Even PAP supporters concede that to the WP.

So far, I have only heard of three political groups; PAP voter, WP voter, opposition voter.

There is no such thing as NSP supporter or RP supporter. SDP is on its way to create a good brand name, and they are close to forming their own SDP voters.

Most people who voted for NSP are either opposition supporters who vote for any opposition, or supporters of Nicole Seah.

Most people who voted for SPP are Chiam See Tong supporters. They are not SPP supporters. They distinguish between Chiam and his party. SPP is built around the cult personality of Chiam See Tong. Nobody knows their their party manifesto, their ideals nor their plans for Singapore. SPP and Chiam are just a Potong Pasir issue.

WP supporters are right to say that other parties cannot make it. The Punggol by-elections have shown it. In the 4-cornered fight, WP won on its own merit while the other two opposition candidates lost their deposits. WP is the only opposition party that won a GRC and looks likely to hang onto their GRC (Sorry Victor!).

NSP did the right thing to back off from MP GRC. If they stayed and contested, they would most likely have lost their deposits! Hazel Poa did the right thing to pull NSP out in time. It made the party look good. It would have been very embarrassing if on Nomination Day, one of the NSP team members suddenly chickened out at the high prospect of losing his or her deposit. I don't think NSP members have that much money to afford throwing away $15-20k election deposit.

PAP was right when they called NSP a 'No Substance Party'. No clear party goals, no long term plans for Singapore, no stability within the party, no plans to take down any particular SMC or GRC. They just contest in a lot of wards and try their luck. NSP can go fark themselves! Within one or two more GEs, I expect NSP to become a dormant party. People, even fellow opposition people, will only endure losers for so long before they ditch a sinking ship.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alamak. 50-50 in 1 GRC you call close fight in 9 GRC ah? It clean sweep for 75 seats bro!

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal

WP successfully rebuilt their brand name as a reliable opposition. Even PAP supporters concede that to the WP.

So far, I have only heard of three political groups; PAP voter, WP voter, opposition voter.

There is no such thing as NSP supporter or RP supporter. SDP is on its way to create a good brand name, and they are close to forming their own SDP voters.

Most people who voted for NSP are either opposition supporters who vote for any opposition, or supporters of Nicole Seah.

Most people who voted for SPP are Chiam See Tong supporters. They are not SPP supporters. They distinguish between Chiam and his party. SPP is built around the cult personality of Chiam See Tong. Nobody knows their their party manifesto, their ideals nor their plans for Singapore. SPP and Chiam are just a Potong Pasir issue.

WP supporters are right to say that other parties cannot make it. The Punggol by-elections have shown it. In the 4-cornered fight, WP won on its own merit while the other two opposition candidates lost their deposits. WP is the only opposition party that won a GRC and looks likely to hang onto their GRC (Sorry Victor!).

NSP did the right thing to back off from MP GRC. If they stayed and contested, they would most likely have lost their deposits! Hazel Poa did the right thing to pull NSP out in time. It made the party look good. It would have been very embarrassing if on Nomination Day, one of the NSP team members suddenly chickened out at the high prospect of losing his or her deposit. I don't think NSP members have that much money to afford throwing away $15-20k election deposit.

PAP was right when they called NSP a 'No Substance Party'. No clear party goals, no long term plans for Singapore, no stability within the party, no plans to take down any particular SMC or GRC. They just contest in a lot of wards and try their luck. NSP can go fark themselves! Within one or two more GEs, I expect NSP to become a dormant party. People, even fellow opposition people, will only endure losers for so long before they ditch a sinking ship.

I used NSP as an example in this instance. These WP supporters do not talk good about all the other oppo parties as well.

Anyway, I am sorry for not continuing a lengthy discussion with you since I really want the PAP to lose more in this coming GE, for the sake of the good of our nation as a whole, we need good alternative parties, not just WP and PAP.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The hard truth is the realistically only the WP can challenge the PAP now and we do want WP to grow in nos so that they can be the alternate party. None of the other Opp can claim this. So it's really common sense. I see some Opp say they will vote for anyone even a dog than PAP, so why not give your vote to WP who have the best chance?

Opposition, minus WP, best chance to win a GRC is to combine their best candidates and challenge the PAP. For SMCs, better chance coz it is 1-on-1.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Think this is PAP best case scenario.

Too many unresolved bread and butter issues... Young voters feel the need for change, Slightly voters wont be too happy with expensive BTOs...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

moi predick...pappies will call for lot of votes recount...:biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Think this is PAP best case scenario.

Too many unresolved bread and butter issues... Young voters feel the need for change, Slightly voters wont be too happy with expensive BTOs...

Bread and butter issues must be main thrust. Always the case.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

I suspect another 3-4% swing towards opposition, more pronunced in WP areas. could see 6-8% swing there. West will remain stronghold, PAP could lose the entire east side bar Pasir Ris in worst case. Major MRT breakdown a week before elections could realise worst case scenario.

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Opposition, minus WP, best chance to win a GRC is to combine their best candidates and challenge the PAP. For SMCs, better chance coz it is 1-on-1.

Yes, and do you know that your WP is so "chow kuan" to contest in 5 SMCs out of a total of 13 SMCs. All the other oppo parties have to share and fight for the remaining 8 SMCs. Go figure!!!!!

If your WP is that good, why not give chance for other oppo parties to have more SMCs to share.

Talk from both sides of your mouth, just like the WP. Always give excuses.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lemon
Join Sammyboy forum July 2015

Most of his post bashing/ trolling towards Opposition supporters / party.

Shame on you for being a DESPERADOO ! :biggrin:

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are singing the same tune.

Why keep hyping the WP has the best chance without saying anything good about the other oppo parties?

You asked why not give the vote to the WP? I tell you why, because it is not sincere, it is not true to the people, it is not building the people.

The WP will be like the PAP, no true democracy.

The WP will continue to "buy" votes like the PAP, give free haircuts, free durians, free rice packets, (so miserable portions, compare to what they themselves are getting), rather than educating and empowering the people with rights to fight for themselves with dignity. The WP will use the same tactic as the PAP to keep the people stupid and weak and beholden to them. We already have the PAP for fifty years, do we still want the same for the next 50 years with the WP and the PAP, always telling the people to be grateful, when actually we, the people should be the master, of the people, by the people and for the people.

Last edited: