• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The First Opposition Politician In History

jw5

Loyal
Can you recall any other opposition politician in Singapore's short history who has consistently criticized and put down other opposition politicians/candidates?

There have been leadership tussles, intra-party disagreements, personal disputes, the odd snide remark here and there, complaints about the party not helping more with the individual's personal issues, etc etc. But I can't recall any other individual opposition politician who has consistently criticized and put down other opposition politicians, particularly not elected opposition candidates or politicians from a different opposition party.

The unspoken code among the opposition politicians has always been that they may not agree with or like one another, but they are all in this together against the pap. Hopefully, the intention would be for the benefit of Singapore and Singaporeans. There was a time when CSJ was in SBF during delphi days, and I don't remember him ever saying anything disparaging about other opposition politicians. He only criticized the pap and even then, did it quite politely.

It's quite clear that opposition politicians/candidates who consistently disparage other opposition politicians are not in this for public service, but for their own personal reasons. Otherwise they would realise that for the greater good, the Singapore parliament needs to be more balanced and evenly represented. Any criticism should be constructive and based on good intentions for the benefit of ordinary Singaporeans, and not motivated by personal reasons and vendettas.

So this is my question:
How should we, the ah peks of SBF, and mostly ordinary Singaporeans, handle this matter and this person?

Bersik 2.0

Alfrescian
Loyal
The unspoken code among the opposition politicians has always been that they may not agree with or like one another, but they are all in this together against the pap.

I would like to remind you YSL voted for PAP in 2006 and proudly blogged about it. Yet, WP nominated him to run for Hougang ward. PM lee is right, look at the mess WP created.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me also remind you, before the runs up to the 2011 election, there is a "friend" of GMS who is a known WP member, has been attacking his political friend on a daily basis and this friend, as you know he also as a nick that are picking non-stop at SDP whenever it's name is being mentioned, I can go on and on. Besides this particular WP member, there are hordes of other WP members and supporters hitting out at almost anything but WP. 3in1, TR and TOC are being painted as "friends" of PAP by this group, which I find it really amusing.

Now, you can try to draw your conclusion.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me also remind you, before the runs up to the 2011 election, there is a "friend" of GMS who is a known WP member, has been attacking his political friend on a daily basis and this friend, as you know he also as a nick that are picking non-stop at SDP whenever it's name is being mentioned, I can go on and on. Besides this particular WP member, there are hordes of other WP members and supporters hitting out at almost anything but WP. 3in1, TR and TOC are being painted as "friends" of PAP by this group, which I find it really amusing.

Assuming, correctly or wrongly, who you referred to as the friend is me, please check your history. I've supported GMS to contest Tampines GRC. He knows it best at heart. I really believed there's a positive chance of victory if NSP bank all their resources on it. But no, with the NSP taking in RP defectors, his mind went back to contesting as many constituencies as possible, all if possible. Friendship is friendship. Political idea is political idea. He didn't agree with me, went ahead and lost all.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assuming, correctly or wrongly, who you referred to as the friend is me, please check your history. I've supported GMS to contest Tampines GRC. He knows it best at heart. I really believed there's a positive chance of victory if NSP bank all their resources on it. But no, with the NSP taking in RP defectors, his mind went back to contesting as many constituencies as possible, all if possible. Friendship is friendship. Political idea is political idea. He didn't agree with me, went ahead and lost all.

Obviously, your political ideas differ from GMS, regardless of the outcome, this is not what I am contending. I am responding to the TS claim.

But I can't recall any other individual opposition politician who has consistently criticized and put down other opposition politicians, particularly not elected opposition candidates or politicians from a different opposition party

So, are you saying you are harping at him, because he did not follow your advice? Otherwise, you would be particular nice to him? On the other hand why would a SG of NSP strategize his party's election base on a WP member's advice? Won't you think it's preposterous?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is now a thread on FB from TOC dedicated to him. He should be happy now that he's well known...for all the wrong shit

jw5

Loyal
The thing that angers me is that he was an opposition candidate (twice) who canvassed for votes from ordinary Singaporeans on the basis that he could help to make life better for them, compared to what the pap government are currently doing.

Supporters from different parties have been arguing and dissing one another since the beginning of time, whether pap, sdp, wp, nsp, etc. Arguments among supporters of different opposition parties are commonplace, not least in this forum. But what we have now is an opposition candidate/politician, who has taken it upon himself to diss other opposition canddiates/politicians, not least those who have finally got themselves elected after much difficulty.

This makes me utterly disgusted, that ordinary folk are subject to this bullshit.
At least the pappies can claim that they do what they do to benefit their families.

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal
The future of politics and Singapore hangs on a limb as since LKY, there has been no one that has the ingredients that can mesmerise and bring good lieutenants together with him to form a party that can continue ruling SIngapore. Forget the PAP as there is also no one there that can equal or better LKY.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 4 people from the opposition that caused a lot of damage and made the opposition look silly, stupid and incompetent and made the PAP look real good. They are in order

1) Harbans Singh - this guy made a fools of himself and the rest of the opposition, in his prime, the PAP was invincible.
2) Ling How Doong - the country took a chance in 1991 and this guys conduct in parliament allowed PAP to recapture what they lost and put people off.
3) Zeng - this clown don't need to explain
4) Gopalan Nair - yet another clown.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 4 people from the opposition that caused a lot of damage and made the opposition look silly, stupid and incompetent and made the PAP look real good. They are in order

1) Harbans Singh - this guy made a fools of himself and the rest of the opposition, in his prime, the PAP was invincible.
2) Ling How Doong - the country took a chance in 1991 and this guys conduct in parliament allowed PAP to recapture what they lost and put people off.

But these 4 guys added together can't beat GMS in the damage done to opposition politics.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

And may i ask what were they hitting out at TR, TOC and GMS for? Put it on the table and let's see if the reasons are valid. Are you blind to the fact that GMS is being ridiculous in his constant harping on plagiarisation and YSL even after WP did what they needed to do? Are you blind to the fact that GMS' action can only achieve one objective ie. to make PAP look really good? Stop calling others' ignorant when you don't even have the basic sense.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to remind you YSL voted for PAP in 2006 and proudly blogged about it. Yet, WP nominated him to run for Hougang ward. PM lee is right, look at the mess WP created.

And for that reason WP failed and should be disbanded? What mess did WP create? Black Sheep in family eliminated, by election to be held for replacement. What mess? Or is it the perceived mess painted by GMS?? Btw it is bersih, not bersek, you dumbfuck.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The future of politics and Singapore hangs on a limb as since LKY, there has been no one that has the ingredients that can mesmerise and bring good lieutenants together with him to form a party that can continue ruling SIngapore. Forget the PAP as there is also no one there that can equal or better LKY.

What stupid shit you talking about? Singapore sinks when LKY dies??

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
But these 4 guys added together can't beat GMS in the damage done to opposition politics.

You can add Kenneth Jeya to the list of 5. To add, Zeng is the only one among the 6 who has not gone at other opposition's throats.

Honestly, only Ling has damaged the opposition because he won. The other 5 only damaged themselves. Ling damaged both.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

People are talking about "politicians", it's talking about a backend member like you. People are talking about attacking other opposition, it's talking about attacking a "friend". Wrong at every turn. Sounds familiar? This "Sad" clone takes sides with it at every turn. What can this be.

Maybe this is really talking about itself AKA its own real life clone. "There are hordes of other WP members and supporters hitting out at almost anything but WP." Yes, wasn't it one of them? Now... who here is known for double standards and holds a mirror that is unable to reflect its own image? So who can this "Sad" and pathetic clone be.

A nick picking non-stop at SDP whenever its name being mentioned? Sounds more like Leetarbar. He's not WP member. And your attack on SDP, if any, was certainly never non-stop. Goodness, it has amnesia is it. Wrong on another 2 counts.

Yes, I have drawn my own conclusions alright.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are giving too much credit to GMS. Except in this forum, his voice does not carry very far. He is just harping and its old news.

During Harbans peak, nobody decent was coming forward. The Straits Time gives him full cover including his shadow cabinet and the rest have a lower profile. If you said that you are into opposition politics, people would laugh. It was that bad.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

5) CSJ - no explanation needed.