• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The CEO of Sim Lian Group needs a reality check

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unit prices for DBSS project in Tampines hit record high
By Liang Kaixin | Posted: 16 June 2011 2322 hrs

Unit prices for DBSS project in Tampines hits record high

SINGAPORE: Would you pay S$880,000 for a new HDB flat? That is the top price for a five-room unit at Centrale 8, the new Design-Build-and-Sell-Scheme in Tampines and it sets a new record, surpassing prices of some resale flats in the area.

Launch prices for five-room units range between S$685,000 and S$880,000. At 108 square metres, these are smaller than most new HDB flats, but potential customers said the units are better designed.

Centrale 8 is located near Tampines town centre, near upcoming developments. Its sales launch saw about 300 customers on Thursday morning. Applications for its 708 units close on June 21.

The National Development Ministry told Channel NewsAsia that the developers of DBSS projects have to ensure prices are affordable, and comparable to new HDB projects and the resale and private markets.

DBSS projects are open to households earning a combined income of up to S$10,000 a month.

Prices of Centrale 8 units are about twice that of an earlier DBSS project launched in Tampines five-years ago by the same developer. The developer said actual prices will be determined in July, when applications are processed.

Kuik Sing Beng, Executive Director at Sim Lian Group, said: "Five years ago, there was no announcement of the new Downtown Line interchange, as well as the new lifestyle hub. Comparatively, they can still afford a condominium in the suburban area, but this is very well-located, with all the new amenities. So I think the prices are reasonable."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1135575/1/.html

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ask Ex-MND Minister MAH BOW TAN and now New MND Minister KHAW BOON WAN,DO YOU consider the $880,000.00 HDB Flat Affordable to the Citizens of Singapore ?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like a similar tycoon who the MIW worship and want to rename a hospital because of a donation, I foresee another. The next hospital will be called Sim Lian Hospital.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah wan wanna arm wrestle wif developer ... letz c who's muscle stronger ... :o

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like a similar tycoon who the MIW worship and want to rename a hospital because of a donation, I foresee another. The next hospital will be called Sim Lian Hospital.

Sim Lian? Hahaha........... do you know they operate out of Hillview from a darn small bldg? 6 cars packed like sardines with only one able to drive out. Something screwup in this company... they hire pple with one foreman experience who can hardly speak English as Program Manager & FT Indian with Indian degree as clerk of works.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sim Lian? Hahaha........... do you know they operate out of Hillview from a darn small bldg? 6 cars packed like sardines with only one able to drive out. Something screwup in this company... they hire pple with one foreman experience who can hardly speak English as Program Manager & FT Indian with Indian degree as clerk of works.

That is HQ but under the group umbrella they have many offices. It is a public listed company and a property developer. Your statement is misleading.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is HQ but under the group umbrella they have many offices. It is a public listed company and a property developer. Your statement is misleading.

I stand corrected...... but if HQ is so shitty, what can be expected of its branches?

jw5

Loyal
His statement is very reasonable lah. :o

Do you expect a chicken rice seller to say that chicken rice is now very expensive? :biggrin:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I stand corrected...... but if HQ is so shitty, what can be expected of its branches?

I can't say much about the fella, but even though Sheng Siong is more shitty than NTUC or Cold Storage, they have their loyal customers. Operating cheaply is common in 3rd World countries and Sim Lian is a Chinaman-styled operation.

They also make lots of profits from selling their excess labour which MOM never checked. I don't doubt many developers are also doing that. That is why companies without cheap labour pay thousands to get them through middlemen who acted for main contractors. The way it is done is, the main contractors apply for example 500 workers although they needed only 300. the excess are sold through middlemen.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is :Why HDB allow blatant profiteering by the Sim Lian Group ?
Any collusive relations between Ex-MND minister Mah Bow Tan and Sim Lian Executives ?
Why all these legalised blatant profiteering in broad daylight ?
Maybe Singaporeans are the most balls-less,greedy,ungrateful and stupid people in the world such that they will just swallow any shit dump into their throats ?

Dogsquare

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong...go to Toa Payoh and look at the spanking new building next to HDB Centre..that is Sim Lian's New HQ!