• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The boycott on jollibee becomes pinoy news

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.philstar.com/business/201...branch-opening

MANILA, Philippines - As popular fast food chain Jollibee prepares to open its first branch in Singapore this Tuesday, a campaign by some residents sparked online to "boycott" the restaurant for its alleged hiring preference of Filipinos over Singaporean nationals.

Ultranationalist blog TR Emeritus dubbed the "voice of Singaporeans for Singapore" encouraged nationals not to support the Philippines-based business in a post last February 12.

"Unlike other multi-national fast food restaurants like McDonald’s and KFC which hire mainly Singaporeans and even the disabled and elderly, Jollibee Singapore intends to hire their fellow Pinoys to fill up jobs in their latest Singapore venture," it said.

The site cited a Facebook post by Jollibee Singapore calling on "Jollibee fans" to enter careers at the company's Singapore branch.

"The hiring note was addressed to 'Jollibee fans' and undoubtedly, it would mean largely Filipinos since most Singaporeans have not tasted Jollibee’s food and are not familiar with Jollibee," TR Emeritus wrote in a follow-up post on February 14.

The boycott, apparently, is also meant to "send a message that foreign businesses which hire foreigners first are not welcome in Singapore," as the blog post said, adding that job opportunities based in the country should prioritize Singaporeans.

Business ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

The site's writers also blamed their government for allowing foreign companies looking for cheap foreign labor to enter the Singaporean market.

"The influx of foreign labor have resulted only in more sufferings and incapacitation of physical and social infrastructures," TR Emeritus said.

The article gathered about 86 comments as of Monday mostly in agreement with the blog's statements, with some even expressing disregard against Filipinos staying in the country.

A Facebook page entitled "Boycott Jollibee Singapore" was also created following the blog post on the same day, and now with over 2,300 supporters on the social network.

"Singaporeans it is time we take a stand against foreigners bullying us," the page's administrators wrote last February 12.

The official Jollibee Singapore Facebook page, meanwhile, has about 2,500 supporters and features a countdown to the restaurant's first branch in Lucky Plaza along Orchard Road.

Singapore's Ministry of Manpower (MOM), however, has explicit policies forbidding the dominance of foreign workers in any business in the island.

"MOM has been taking steps to moderate the inflow and raise the quality of foreign manpower in Singapore. The aim is to shift from labour-driven to productivity-driven growth, and ensure that Singaporeans remain at the core of our workforce," as written in the introduction to Singapore's Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have never tried pinoy food before, I thought they eat funny things like duck egg with fully formed duckling inside.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"The official Jollibee Singapore Facebook page, meanwhile, has about 2,500 supporters and features a countdown to the restaurant's first branch in Lucky Plaza along Orchard Road."

Lucky plaza.. nuff said :rolleyes: most prob their sarpokers are those peenoy maids and trash working here

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I am dining at Lucky Plaza, I'll rather go here:

DSCF5374.JPG

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fucking balless sinkee. burn the place down lah. and fuck the sinkees who sarport foreigners to screw sinkees.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinoy food ranks as bad as Burmese food to me....totally unpalatable.

Yeah, not my cup of tea either, to much meat. I did not try to many dishes though. The most shocking thing for me was to see how crazy about coca cola they are. I have never been in any country where a bottle of coke was put on the table without asking for it. They drink it like water. Yucks.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yeah, not my cup of tea either, to much meat. I did not try to many dishes though. The most shocking thing for me was to see how crazy about coca cola they are. I have never been in any country where a bottle of coke was put on the table without asking for it. They drink it like water. Yucks.

It's better than drinking their water. Anyway best drink to take is their San Miguel.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I agree with you. The food is not appetizing at all.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ultranationalist blog TR Emeritus dubbed the "voice of Singaporeans for Singapore" encouraged nationals not to support the Philippines-based business in a post last February 12.

There are more than enough Pinoys in Singapore for Jollibee to boom so the "nationals" can go get fucked for all they care.