• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

the biggest reason for.low.birth rate in singapore.is high cost of.living. will.cnbc tio pofma by pap soon?

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal

Singapore’s birth rate is falling and ‘throwing money’ at the problem won’t solve it​

PUBLISHED SUN, SEP 17 20238:21 PM EDT
UPDATED AN HOUR AGO
Charmaine Jacob@CHARMAINEMJACOB
WATCH LIVE

KEY POINTS
  • Singapore’s birth rate hit a record low in 2022, after years of consistent decline.
  • The biggest reason for this shift is how notoriously expensive it is to live in Singapore, and the high cost of living continues to steer many away from expanding their family, analysts told CNBC.
  • Although there are a slew of government policies aimed at encouraging more couples to have children, “throwing money” at the problem will not solve it, said Wen Wei Tan, analyst at the Economist Intelligence Unit.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/18/sin...wing-money-at-the-problem-wont-solve-it-.html

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plus zero incentives and very high financial risk.surely gomen economist know this. Or maybe its done on purpose.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is the cause of it.
If CNBC tio POFMA, I think we are degenerating into Xi Jinping standard.

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plus zero incentives and very high financial risk.surely gomen economist know this. Or maybe its done on purpose.
The sinkie couple has to spend 20 years or longer to pay up a tiny pigeon hole size BTO flat, on top of the risk being displaced by faked CECA Indian talents, so not to have baby or babies, no point bringing the baby to this sindiapore to suffer

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
IF u cannot afford to raise children, don't procreate. Don't play play. What if u have no money for baby milk ?:tongue:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IF u cannot afford to raise children, don't procreate. Don't play play. What if u have no money for baby milk ?:tongue:

I heard orphans were dumped at the convent (now CHIJMES) and the Catholic nuns there would breastfeed them. :unsure:

It's Catch-22. Without babies, there will be no new batch of Sinkies for the PAP technocrats to squeeze dry via a thousand ways, no business for the cronies e.g. early childhood education. Especially male babies.. more NS slaves to feed the SAF. :biggrin:

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
The sinkie couple has to spend 20 years or longer to pay up a tiny pigeon hole size BTO flat, on top of the risk being displaced by faked CECA Indian talents, so not to have baby or babies, no point bringing the baby to this sindiapore to suffer
thats why i am not going to bother about the earth and sustainability because i have no children. those with kids should pay for sustainably, not me.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore’s birth rate is falling and ‘throwing money’ at the problem won’t solve it​

PUBLISHED SUN, SEP 17 20238:21 PM EDT
UPDATED AN HOUR AGO
Charmaine Jacob@CHARMAINEMJACOB
WATCH LIVE

KEY POINTS
  • Singapore’s birth rate hit a record low in 2022, after years of consistent decline.
  • The biggest reason for this shift is how notoriously expensive it is to live in Singapore, and the high cost of living continues to steer many away from expanding their family, analysts told CNBC.
  • Although there are a slew of government policies aimed at encouraging more couples to have children, “throwing money” at the problem will not solve it, said Wen Wei Tan, analyst at the Economist Intelligence Unit.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/18/sin...wing-money-at-the-problem-wont-solve-it-.html

They hardly throw any $. Other countries in Europe give 36 months maternity leave to be shared between father and mother.

Give child allowance €250/kid til kid 25 yr old, and health insurance for whole family.

What Singapore govt give is peanuts

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard orphans were dumped at the convent (now CHIJMES) and the Catholic nuns there would breastfeed them. :unsure:

It's Catch-22. Without babies, there will be no new batch of Sinkies for the PAP technocrats to squeeze dry via a thousand ways, no business for the cronies e.g. early childhood education. Especially male babies.. more NS slaves to feed the SAF. :biggrin:

CECA and m&ds will procreate a lot.

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
These formulated milk powder,
Screenshot_20230918_135711_com.fairprice.mcomapp_edit_1620497458896476.jpg
little one can consume one can per week.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oppositions should have protested during PE instead they chose the best candidate wtf!