• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

the BEST SPEECH of the year...

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a stupid twit will ask Singaporeans to compare themselves to Rwandans. Totally irrelevant comparison. Why dont you ask LHL to compare his pay the Rwandan leader's? Singapore shd compare themselves to more equal countries like HK, S Korea, Taiwan, etc..

Any comparison of any sort is relative.For a poor soul to skip a day's meal is not such a hardship as a rich man having to sleep on a concrete floor just for a day.

For example,today we pride ourselves as Chinese because of the immense political and economical clout of China.The very same of us would have wished we are not that Chinese during Mao's cultural revolution---barbarity of such gigantic proportion that more Chinese people perished than in the entire history of Rwanda and Nigeria put together....more than 30 millions Chinese soul perished.

In fact, more than 30 million Chinese having perished under a Chinese nation--as a sovereignty is far more than the death of the entire humanity under war conditions in both the world war put together.Hence,if Sam's logic applies than China and by that extension the Chinese,in our living memory,had the worst of human rights record.Far worse than Rwanda or Nigeria.

Sure,Sam can post picture of inhumane living condition in Rawanda.Does that mean I proved my point if I could post pictures of Chinese under Cultural Revolution living under worse than animal conditions?

Because that leads to nowhere.

Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another. Marquis de Condorcet

I'm not comparing Bush to Adolf Hitler - because George Bush, for one thing, is not as smart as Adolf Hitler. David Clennon

Let's be careful when we start comparing American to European tolerance because there isn't necessarily a lot of European tolerance Montel Williams

Dogs have not the power of comparing. A dog will take a small piece of meat as readily as a large, when both are before him.Samuel Johnson quote

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any comparison of any sort is relative.For a poor soul to skip a day's meal is not such a hardship as a rich man having to sleep on a concrete floor just for a day.

For example,today we pride ourselves as Chinese because of the immense political and economical clout of China.The very same of us would have wished we are not that Chinese during Mao's cultural revolution---barbarity of such gigantic proportion that more Chinese people perished than in the entire history of Rwanda and Nigeria put together....more than 30 millions Chinese soul perished.

In fact, more than 30 million Chinese having perished under a Chinese nation--as a sovereignty is far more than the death of the entire humanity under war conditions in both the world war put together.Hence,if Sam's logic applies than China and by that extension the Chinese,in our living memory,had the worst of human rights record.Far worse than Rwanda or Nigeria.

Sure,Sam can post picture of inhumane living condition in Rawanda.Does that mean I proved my point if I could post pictures of Chinese under Cultural Revolution living under worse than animal conditions?

Because that leads to nowhere.

Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another. Marquis de Condorcet

I'm not comparing Bush to Adolf Hitler - because George Bush, for one thing, is not as smart as Adolf Hitler. David Clennon

Let's be careful when we start comparing American to European tolerance because there isn't necessarily a lot of European tolerance Montel Williams

Dogs have not the power of comparing. A dog will take a small piece of meat as readily as a large, when both are before him.Samuel Johnson quote

Agree..such comparison is meaningless and futile. No intelligent person finds them useful...hence my point that a person resorting to such a comparison is a stupid twit and needs to grow up

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Only a stupid twit will ask Singaporeans to compare themselves to Rwandans. Totally irrelevant comparison. Why dont you ask LHL to compare his pay the Rwandan leader's?

I agree with you wholeheartedly but another ill informed leftie liberal happened to mention the country so I had no choice but to point out the error of his ways...

Economic miracle??? A miracle to who? Only to the wealthy and the GLCs. S'pore is one nation with the highest Gini co-efficient same level as Rwanda and Nigeria. It would only be a miracle if the standard of living for all S'poreans has risen. What's actually happening is that the lives for the ordinary folks hard been getting harder and harder and harder, many are much poorer than before. The right term to use is Economic Mirage as far as S'pore is concerned

However, I do have to point out that the while Paul Kagame may not be paid much officially, it hasn't stopped him from becoming a billionaire. Kagame’s empire includes real estate, construction, tea estates, telecommunications, jet fuel and tea, food-processing, He operates these via his cronies while pretending to be Mr Clean.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This is never a true story for any society.
Some families are running while others have yet to start. Some are already flying.

Many of the most successful amongst us started with nothing. It's not what you start with. It's what you do with whatever cards you are dealt in order to move forward.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you wholeheartedly but another ill informed leftie liberal happened to mention the country so I had no choice but to point out the error of his ways...

However, I do have to point out that the while Paul Kagame may not be paid much officially, it hasn't stopped him from becoming a billionaire. Kagame’s empire includes real estate, construction, tea estates, telecommunications, jet fuel and tea, food-processing, He operates these via his cronies while pretending to be Mr Clean.

I did so to show up the fact that though S'pore claims to be a first world country it has almost the same Gini co-efficient as a third world country like Rwanda. In this context, the comparison was totally relevant and effective. What u brought into picture however was absolutely irrelevant for the reasons ckmpd and a host of other reasons of which it suffices for me to mention only 2. One is that unlike Rwanda, the population are made of immigrant stock mainly from China and India who have innate attributes to work for success with plenty of self determination, energy and drive. The second is the good infrastructure and administrative methods the British left us with such that S'pore need not start from scratch totally. These two factors in fact are the fundamental reasons why S'pore had progressed and not as LKY claimed due to the PAP. Fact is that it's other way round, the PAP had been destroying these two factors the last 50 years.