• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The alcohol thread

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
leffe.jpg

the-macallan-18-year.jpg

stayaplace

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are your favourite alcoholic drinks?

Beer - Heineken, Carlsberg, Tiger, others?

Whisky - Chivas Regal, Johnnie Walker, others?

Brandy - Martell, Hennessy, others?

Wine - Red, White, Sake, others?

Cocktail recipes also welcome. Let's share and cheers! :smile:

i love cocktail, SG sling.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea if he is still driving his Land Rover? He broke off with his long-time girlfriend some years ago. Not sure if he is still a bachelor. Nice chap. Very humble and respectful to ah peks like me.

He got rid of his Rover long time ago citing its too slow for him plus the heavy clutch, attached bachelor to date.
Nice fella once you get to know him long enough.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
xinjiang_beer1.jpg

Excellent beer made in Xinjiang, China. They have a dark beer as well but I can't find a pic of it. Goes very well with the lamb dishes the Xinjiang people do so well, arteries-clogging as hell but I just can't get enough of it. At least once every fortnight.

This brewery is owned and operated by Carlsberg, having bought it over in 2004. Xinjiang Beer Ltd was started in 1975 and 'entrusted' to the Xinjiang Government, should 'nationalised' be a better term?

The thing is, isn't alcohol haram in predominantly Muslim Xinjiang? I know of a Xinjiang lass, beautiful as hell, looks Chinese but her eyes, those eyes, are green. Drinks like a fish but would not touch pork. I read somewhere that Islam forgives those who eat pork under certain circumstances, like starvation or similar, but drinking is a big no-no. A Muslim can sit at a table that serves pork dishes as long as he does not indulge but never at a table with alcohol. So, what does that say of a brewery owned and managed by Muslim bureaucrats?

But then again, I could be wrong, it could well be run by Han Chinese, lots of them there too, you know.

But damned, she was beautiful.

Last edited:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
beer: james boags premium lager (bottle) and guinness draught (tap).

boags.jpg
GuinnessDraught.jpg

liquor: grey goose vodka and macallan single malt.

GreyGooseVodka.jpg
MacallanSelectOakBOT_BOXWH.jpg

wine: paul jaboulet cote du rhone and placido chianti.

parrallele_45_rouge_btl.jpg
77858d.jpg

Last edited: