• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thank heaven I didn't have this kind of Ang Moh mom

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...me-left-children-to-eat-cold-baked-beans.html

COMPUTER-GAMES_1652667c.jpg

Woman obsessed with computer game left children to eat cold baked beans

A mother who became so obsessed with a computer game that she left her children to eat cold baked beans from the tin has been given a suspended jail sentence and banned from using computers.

Published: 7:00AM BST 13 Sep 2010
<!-- COMMENTS DISABLED IN SECTION PROPERTIES -->

COMPUTER-GAMES_1652667c.jpg
Photo: Heathcliff O'Malley

The woman also allowed her German Shepherd and lurcher dogs to starve to death and left them rotting in the dining room for two months as she played Small World on the internet almost non-stop.

After a neighbour peered through the letterbox and saw the appalling conditions, the NSPCC were told and police officers entered the home and saw the decay and filth.

<!-- BEFORE ACI -->

The children had been given no hot food and were forced to eat cold baked beans from the tin without any spoons.
The 33-year-old widow, who cannot be identified, admitted three charges of child cruelty and two of animal neglect.
Maidstone Crown Court was told the children, aged nine, 10 and 13, were badly neglected for six months.
Deepak Kapur, prosecuting, said when officers arrived at the house in Swanley, Kent, in February the woman told them it was in a bit of a mess.
They then saw rubbish strewn all over the floor in all rooms, mouldy food and a swarm of flies. The toilet was in a disgusting state.
The woman tried to block officers from entering the dining room and when asked why she replied: "All right, my dogs are in there. They are dead. I killed them.
"I probably starved them, probably because I have been playing the computer game all the time."
Mr Kapur said: "Police discovered the bodies of the dogs. Flies were around them. The smell was so overpowering, making the officers wretch."
The mother had become hooked on the computer game featuring dwarves and giants and in which players vie for conquest and control of a world that is simply too small to accommodate them all, after an invitation from a friend on Facebook.
She started playing initially for an hour a day in late 2009 but since August of that year it had become an obsession to the point where she was only getting two hours sleep a night, said Mr Kapur.
She then began to feed her children only on foods that did not need cooking such as pot noodles, sandwiches, chips and pies.
Allan Compton, defending, said the woman had been a devoted and competent mother until tragedy struck some years ago with the death of her husband from a heart attack.
"She retreated into this virtual world provided by her laptop computer," he said.
"She shut herself off from the outside world and operated in the real world on a very basic level."
The mother was sentenced to six months imprisonment suspended for two years and ordered to do 75 hours unpaid work. She was banned from keeping animals.
Judge Jeremy Carey told her: "I am satisfied you have been a good mother but your life went very badly wrong when you became obsessed with the Small World computer game."
Judge Carey banned the woman from having any internet access "to assist you to resist the temptation to return to this virtual world."

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.techeye.net/software/mum...e-neglected-kids-and-let-dogs-starve-to-death

Mum hooked on computer game neglected kids and let dogs starve to death

Virtual world of wizards and orcs took over her life

13 Sep 2010 13:57 | by <!-- Author Start -->Linda Harrison<!-- Author End --> | posted in Software

<!-- Article Start -->
lurcher.jpg
Disturbing news from the computer games world.
A mum became so hooked on playing Small World on her computer that she left her kids to eat cold baked beans from a tin and let her dogs starve to death.
According to the Daily Telegraph, the woman in Swanley, Kent, forgot to feed her German Shepherd and lurcher dogs, leaving their bodies to rot in her dining room for two months.
It was only when a neighbour peered through the letterbox and saw what was going on that the authorities were called in.
When the police arrived they found a distressing scene.
Maidstone Crown Court heard that the mum admitted to the officers at her door that the house was “in a bit of a mess”.
But on entering the property they found mouldy food, a swarm of flies, rubbish all over the floor and the loo in a disgusting state.

Ads by TechEye

The 33-year-old widow tried to stop them going into the dining room, confessing: “All right, my dogs are in there. They are dead. I killed them. I probably starved them, probably because I have been playing the computer game all the time.”
Deepak Kapur, prosecuting, said: “Police discovered the bodies of the dogs. Flies were around them. The smell was so overpowering, making the officers wretch.”
Meanwhile, the woman had become so obsessed with the computer game - which features wizards, dwarves, orcs and giants battling for control of a land that is too small to accommodate them all - that the kids had been given no hot food for months. The poor mites, aged nine, 10 and 13, were apparently forced to scrape what nutrition they could from tins of cold baked beans - and without spoons.
The court heard that the mum, who was not identified, had started playing the fantasy game Small World for an hour a day in 2009. But by August last year it had started taking over her life to such an extent that she was surviving on just two hours of sleep a night. It was then that she began to feed her children only on foods that did not need cooking.
Allan Compton, defending, said the woman had been a devoted and competent mother until her husband had died of a heart attack some years ago.
“She retreated into this virtual world provided by her laptop computer,” he explained.
The woman admitted three charges of child cruelty and two of animal neglect.
She escaped jail but was given a two year suspended sentence and ordered to do 75 hours unpaid work.
She was also banned from keeping animals or having any internet access, with Judge Jeremy Carey telling her: “I am satisfied you have been a good mother but your life went very badly wrong when you became obsessed with the Small World computer game.”

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/100913/5/2cyxj.html

母迷網路 子飢狗陳屍家中2月

<label> </label> 更新日期:<q>2010/09/13 20:01</q>
(中央社台北13日電)英國「每日郵報」(MailOnline)網站報導,一名婦女因沈迷電腦遊戲,棄3名小孩於不顧,還讓家中2隻狗活活餓死,這名婦女已被判緩刑,且不得使用電腦。
這名母親年已33歲,數個月來幾乎毫無中斷地玩著網路遊戲「小世界」(Small World),她的3名小孩則淪落到要直接用手,抓取罐頭內未經加熱的烘豆來填飽肚子。
婦女家中變得髒亂不堪,垃圾散落地面。家中飼養的2隻德國牧羊犬及混種犬在被發現時,已陳屍餐廳2個月。
因法律因素無法公布婦女姓名,肯特(Kent)法官判這名婦女緩刑,並禁止她使用網路。
根據美茲頓皇家法院(Maidstone Crown Court),鄰居自信箱口瞥見這個慘絕人寰的景象,並通報當局後,此事才劃下句點。
檢察官卡普(Deepak Kapur)表示,這名婦女的3名孩子,年齡分別為9歲、10歲及13歲,孩童的母親,6個月來對他們不理不睬。
警察於2月抵達婦女位於肯特史旺雷(Swanley)的住所時,婦女告訴警方,家中「有點亂」。他們隨後見到屋中所有房間的地板上,全堆滿垃圾。(譯者:中央社林亭儀)990913