• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai girl who lost her legs at MRT in Singapore will SUE SMRT !

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the drunken old man back in 2000 that got cut in half by the bukit panjang LRT can their family sue too? How about the SMRT staff that went down to restore a downed LRT car and got rolled over by a LRT car can his family sue too? Maybe that kid that was playing on Bishan MRT platform and got dragged he is now grown up can he sue too. Hell lets all sue the pants out of SMRT :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about the drunken old man back in 2000 that got cut in half by the bukit panjang LRT can their family sue too? How about the SMRT staff that went down to restore a downed LRT car and got rolled over by a LRT car can his family sue too? Maybe that kid that was playing on Bishan MRT platform and got dragged he is now grown up can he sue too. Hell lets all sue the pants out of SMRT :smile:

For decades, the ruling party projected the image of they are invincible, "Come sue me and I make sure you lose your money, lose your home, lose your pants and even lose your citizenship!" And everyone still think they are untouchables.

It's time something to be done about this 'me untouchable' mentality.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
They Only Listen To The Good Things For Themselves

1165165567YKev77.jpg

Regarding the barrier thing, the issue of safety has been brought up countless times since the day MRT started operation.

... millions and refusing to listen.

I was one of those who criticised SMRT for their incompetence regarding the open platform without any safety barriers quite sometime ago before many suicide cases.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: They Only Listen To The Good Things For Themselves

1165165567YKev77.jpg

I was one of those who criticised SMRT for their incompetence regarding the open platform without any safety barriers quite sometime ago before many suicide cases.

Indeed. Conqueror is a visionary. He was the one who built Singapore from a fishing village into a modern metropolis. There was a time when people said that Conqueror won't make it. But he did.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

1165165567YKev77.jpg

so what are you trying to prove? you are a fortune teller?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow bro, why you think nobody ever thought of it in the whole wide world. There are so many open platform in many metropolis in the world. Maybe you should begin a journey of enlightenment. Seriously bro, wake up.
1165165567YKev77.jpg

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal

hongkong-mtr.jpg

Hong Kong MTR

images

Paris Metro

BTS.jpg

Bangkok BMT

3London-Tube.jpeg

London Tube

shanghai.jpg

Shanghai Rail

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow bro, why you think nobody ever thought of it in the whole wide world. There are so many open platform in many metropolis in the world. Maybe you should begin a journey of enlightenment. Seriously bro, wake up.

To be fair, he didn't say he was the first one or that he was the only one. He said he was "one of those".

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

any lawyers here or anyone with knowledge of laws can comment whether the thai gal has a case? Since all the MRTs/trains around the world are built like this, surely cant say SMRT negligent...

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal

SMRT should countersue and say the Thai girl wanted to commit suicide but failed and only had her legs severed.

So now make the best of her situation

Thats the American way

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
But, That's The Truth

Indeed. Conqueror is a visionary. He was the one who built Singapore from a fishing village into a modern metropolis. There was a time when people said that Conqueror won't make it. But he did.

Yah, I can see that you are not happy with that statement. But, that's the truth. Everyone hates the truth when I said something that doesn't go down well to hurt your pride a little.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: But, That's The Truth

Yah, I can see that you are not happy with that statement. But, that's the truth. Everyone hates the truth when I said something that doesn't go down well to hurt your pride a little.

No no. I'm very happy. You and clinton666 have brought a lot of joy to me. :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Oh! how can I forget Bungalore

2228840148_04e7b5dfcf.jpg
To be fair, question is not about open platform or not. Question is there are previous cases of suicide and complaints has been made and why no action are taken?
Like the ruling party, they like to use the rest of the world's train system to compare. Does these countries has so many suicides on their tracks?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Enlightenment ?

Visionary ! Like someone has mentioned here. Don't worry, I'm always awake. I see things things different from many people. Of course I know, don't be ridiculous. If someone designed it wrongly, will you just follow it. It's elementary !

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Enlightenment ?

Visionary ! Like someone has mentioned here. Don't worry, I'm always awake. I see things things different from many people. Of course I know, don't be ridiculous. If someone designed it wrongly, will you just follow it. It's elementary !
It's time MRT, glcs and the ruling party learn a lesson they are not so invincible afterall. If no one dare to sue them, then might as well turn this country into a dynasty. Lee Dynasty.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great Minds Think Alike

Zhuge-Liang-image.jpg

To be fair, question is not about open platform or not. Question is there are previous cases of suicide and complaints has been made and why no action are taken?
Like the ruling party, they like to use the rest of the world's train system to compare. Does these countries has so many suicides on their tracks?

See, I'm good. You have to do it BEFORE anything happens or you cannot be called an elite. Elite must be of a very high standard. Your government are not comprised of elites. The elite thing is just the greed for MONEY and POWER. This is different from the time of ancient China where the Yellow Emperor and the Fiery Emperor (person or tribe ?) did special invention or feat to improve people's lives to be made a chieftain or leader. Today ? This is really a shame to our country. What a shame !

No revolution, no change. As usual, nothing will change for another ten to 20 years time.

images

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually if you care to do a little bit research, the answer is Yes. South Korea especially.
South Korea. Heard it's one of the highest rate suicide countries. But do SG need to follow South Korea? My point is if the MRT did a mistake, it's OK. But if someone tell them about the mistake and they don't listen, it's still OK. But if many tell them about the mistake and they still don't listen, then something is really wrong here.

And finally, what makes MRT finally build those barriers if they are so right in the first place? Are they admitting it's a need to have barrier now?