• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teo Chee Hean's Antics Backfire

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't blame the jouranlists bro, anything scandalous and saucy is great read. If you have no skeletons, don't have to worry.
The real question is, why does WP always have to filed people who have shady track records?

I propose that opposition MPs be paid more so that they can attract better people.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Low shld take a page from Lee and apologise

Sometimes apology won't do
Take for instance
Your appetite for sex and haste in acquiring one
There were many occasions where you stopped me from wearing rubbers
Even though they were the thinnest and glazed with durian flavour
Now what happen if one day I failed to pull out in time?
Can I just say sorry Honey?
You gotta to understand certain things can say sorry certain things cannot
Although sorry is the hardest thing to say but it is also not easy to use

Btw, in case we shot gun
Would you prefer a boy or a girl and how would you like them to be?
If we have a boy, I would like him to be just like me
but if we have a girl, I wish she is not like you
Headache arh...you know what I mean Honey?

jw5

Loyal
Png said "so that's why my name wasn't in the ballot.". He was trying to explain a fact, why his name was not in the ballot.

The truth is that Png's name was in the ballot. The fact turns out to be false.

Can Png clarify why he was trying to explain a (untrue) fact when he knows all along that it is false?

Perhaps because he did not want to be the ncmp and had gone around telling people that he did not want to be considered, he took it that would be how people
take it too. That he is effectively not in contention but perhaps his name was included eventually as a mere formality.

2 things are very important here:
1. The fact that Png has publicly been against the ncmp scheme all along and he had told others he did not want to be considered. Doesn't matter that his views differ from
his party's. It's key that he himself never wanted to be considered.
2. The fact that the one vote received for Png was not from himself. If it was, I would tell him to fly a kite and welcome Desmond into parliament.

Btw, anybody knows anything about the balloting for the PM post or SG of pap? Any balloting, anyone asked to be included or excluded from the ballot, etc?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even though the teacher put the name of the kid as nominee, the kid was not selected. The kid, despite all that is to be believed, went through a proper selection process with other kids in the class. The kid received just one vote and was not selected.

The point is the kid was not selected despite going through a proper selection process. The kid must not now turn around and say "oh, I was not selected because I didn't want to be selected."

It's very true that the kid didn't want to be selected. We can all believe this part, i.e. his intention. But the fact is the kid went through a fair and thorough selection process and was defeated by another kid.

When you lose, you lose. Don't say I lost because I didn't want to win.

The kid made it clear he does not want to take part... this affects the outcome because those who don't want to waste their vote will not vote for him after what he said. How can he lose if he is not in competition? He can't stop that one teacher who wanted to nominate him, he did not put in his own name

Last edited:

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps because he did not want to be the ncmp and had gone around telling people that he did not want to be considered, he took it that would be how people
take it too. That he is effectively not in contention but perhaps his name was included eventually as a mere formality.

2 things are very important here:
1. The fact that Png has publicly been against the ncmp scheme all along and he had told others he did not want to be considered. Doesn't matter that his views differ from
his party's. It's key that he himself never wanted to be considered.
2. The fact that the one vote received for Png was not from himself. If it was, I would tell him to fly a kite and welcome Desmond into parliament.

Btw, anybody knows anything about the balloting for the PM post or SG of pap? Any balloting, anyone asked to be included or excluded from the ballot, etc?

Png must have read the (leaked) minutes after the ballot and knew that his name was in the ballot (even though he did not want it there in the first place).

Since Png knew that his name was in the ballot, can Png explain why in the CNA interview, he said "so that's why my name wasn't in the ballot."?

This is the point Teo Chee Hean is harping on, which Png did not address.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Png must have read the (leaked) minutes after the ballot and knew that his name was in the ballot (even though he did not want it there in the first place).

Since Png knew that his name was in the ballot, can Png explain why in the CNA interview, he said "so that's why my name wasn't in the ballot."?

This is the point Teo Chee Hean is harping on, which Png did not address.

To Png he has made it very clear he was not interested to contest for NCMP, he is out of the competition, the fact that he has one vote in the ballot was not material to him. Obviously he assumed the minutes is not leaked, hence he did not bother to explain there was one vote in the box for him by a member who was adamant to vote for him.

Which is more telling, Png omitting an immaterial fact of something happened behind closed door, or PAP using underhand tactics to obtain information on what happened behind closed door and blow a matter out of proportion? Who has less integrity?

Goondoo Teo can harp on any points, Png does not owe him an explanation.

The voters of Hougang will make the final call.

Last edited:

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
To Png he has made it very clear he was not interested to contest for NCMP, he is out of the competition, the fact that he has one vote in the ballot was not material to him. Obviously he assumed the minutes is not leaked, hence he did not bother to explain there was one vote in the box for him by a member who was adamant to vote for him.

Which is more telling, Png omitting an immaterial fact of something happened behind closed door, or PAP using underhand tactics to obtain information on what happened behind closed door and blow a matter out of proportion? Who has less integrity?

Goondoo Teo can harp on any points, Png does not owe him an explanation.

The voters of Hougang will make the final call.

Png spoke strongly against the NCMP scheme in the GE2011 rally. For a person to make such a stand in a public rally, he effectively take himself out of any NCMP deliberation. Whether his name is in the ballot paper or not is immaterial as he cannot decide that. In fact, he make his intention clear to LTK that he is not keen on the NCMP slot. In any case, the whole team names are on the paper.

PAPIBCHIEF

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Png's name was on the ballot. Low himself confirmed that the decisison lies in the CEC.
In other words, Teo Chee Hean was correct, the leadership of WP did not select Png and Png was not honest.

The episode showed two things.
1. Png was indeed dishonest.
2. Leaked minutes showed a split WP leadership.

Dear Kinana, my fellow PAP BRUDDER,

No point debating with these low life peasants who are spastic maggots!
We are more superior than them!

PAPIBCHIEF

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NO ONE is allowed to insult our great and almighty DPM! How dare u 4 legs scums speak bad abot 2 leg Elites!
SPASTIC MAGGOTS!

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Character assassination is the underhand tactic always used by pap in every elections. JBJ, Francis Seow, tang Liang Hong, James Gomez, Vivian wija, and now ah huat.

They are seriously lack in creativity.

They also lack integrity, right?