• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teo Chee Hean is ordering SAF boys to die for Ang Moh

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any self respecting Australian Caucasians should chose to die a honorable death in their flooded house than be shamelessly saved by a Chinese or Keling soldier.

R

redlightmeansgo

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapor...-flood-hit-Queensland,-Mindef-tells-Australia

teo-st.jpg

Dun forget we still need to take over their bourse. Wayang swee swee so the lazy Aussies can't kao peh!

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did these Ang Moh in the 1st place ever assist Asian natural disasters? Indon tsunami & quakes for example? I think they don't! They assist Filipino quakes and volcanic eruptions? I think they don't!

bloody oath they did, bro - Australia is always one of the first countries to respond - people, money, relief efforts, emergency response...

And just a little reminder of WW2 history:

"Japan entered the war in December 1941 and swiftly achieved a series of victories, resulting in the occupation of most of south-east Asia and large areas of the Pacific by the end of March 1942. Singapore fell in February, with the loss of an entire Australian division.
_
Over 30,000 Australian servicemen were taken prisoner in the Second World War and 39,000 gave their lives. Two-thirds of those taken prisoner were captured by the Japanese during their advance through south-east Asia in the first weeks of 1942. Of those taken prisoner, 8296 died in captivity."

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And just a little reminder of WW2 history:

your quote is out of context. some diggers were stationed here because Oz was part of the brit commonwealth (as still is). If you guys were a sovereign republic, your ww2 history would be very different. Australia might have done what the yanks did - wait till the war came to their doorstep before committing to the fray.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mindef joint press statement with NEA : With our past experiences handling orchard rd, bt timah, thomson etc flooding incidents, we consider ourselves as experts in flood control. :eek:

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
your quote is out of context. some diggers were stationed here because Oz was part of the brit commonwealth (as still is). If you guys were a sovereign republic, your ww2 history would be very different. Australia might have done what the yanks did - wait till the war came to their doorstep before committing to the fray.

Hey there buddy! I think australia's sovereignty is irrelevant to my point. The point I was making (in context) was that my Grandpa (along with thousands of other aussies) died while fighting alongside locals defending Singapore from the Japanese.

Cheers bro!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obviously you have not been reading international news.
Not surprised since Singapore govt are so stingy when giving out aids and would rather that you be kept ignorant.

Singapore only offer to help out of politeness because it needs to train its forces in Australia.

http://www.ausaid.gov.au/country/indonesia.cfm
http://www.ausaid.gov.au/country/southasia.cfm

Did these Ang Moh in the 1st place ever assist Asian natural disasters? Indon tsunami & quakes for example? I think they don't! They assist Filipino quakes and volcanic eruptions? I think they don't!

So when they flood why we fuck care?

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
My house in Brisbane is confirmed flood damaged. Can I request for some of their army boys to help clear the mess and do some repairs? :rolleyes:
what the guys can do is relief operations. ie: getting people trapped to safer locations. provide emergency food n water.

there's also different phases. ie: Emergency Relief Phase, Recovery Phase. your's would be in the recovery phase. it will however not be priority i would expect.

in anycase, your local Oz insurance should cover the flood damage no?

dun think the MFA will wan to boys to be doing too much, in case the Oz lads think "what are you guys doing here?" "we can take care of ourselves."

balance is key. too much and it tilts forward/backward. not a good idea.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously you have not been reading international news.
Not surprised since Singapore govt are so stingy when giving out aids and would rather that you be kept ignorant.

Singapore only offer to help out of politeness because it needs to train its forces in Australia.

http://www.ausaid.gov.au/country/indonesia.cfm
http://www.ausaid.gov.au/country/southasia.cfm

some guidelines they go by.

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/publications/cyberpioneer/features/2008/jun08_fs.html
Guiding principles for HADR

During a private luncheon hosted by Mr Teo on 31 May for the visiting ministers and ministerial representatives, one of the key issues discussed was ways to enhance the region's ability to respond to, and provide, relief in the wake of natural disasters.
The ministers agreed that multilateral cooperation in HADR could be guided by three broad principles:

Firstly, the affected country has the primary responsibility to respond to disasters occurring within its territory in a prompt and effective manner.

Secondly, where needed, the affected country shall facilitate external assistance from other countries and international organisations in its HADR efforts, to achieve the objective of prompt and effective disaster management and relief.

Lastly, external assistance shall be provided with the consent of the affected country, and the HADR efforts should be under its overall control and supervision.