• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teens Issued Life-Size MGs!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mar 22, 2010

Teens' vests and security concerns

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
ON SUNDAY, March 14, I had the opportunity to visit the IT Fair at Suntec City.
At the Playcraft booth on Level 5, I noticed that the company had engaged several teenagers to stand around the booth to prevent shoplifters from pilfering the game CDs on sale. I observed that these young people, who were obviously school leavers, were wearing yellow safety vests marked 'security' on the back.
Safety vests marked 'security' may be worn only by trained security personnel who are registered by the Security Industry Regulatory Department, which is a government body under the Ministry of Home Affairs. It would run counter to the spirit of the security registration process if all and sundry were allowed to wear such items in public.
Second, some of the teenagers actually had life-size plastic machine guns as if they were armed. Although it may be amusing, I am sure this is a no-no, as such replicas are not allowed. Only three auxiliary police units in Singapore are licensed to carry weapons. Perhaps the police can enlighten us on the law relating to this.
A. Kanna

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote:>>>Second, some of the teenagers actually had life-size plastic machine guns as if they were armed. Although it may be amusing, I am sure this is a no-no, as such replicas are not allowed.<<<

How did these replicas get into Singapore? Because there is a ban on replica guns and look-alike toy guns (whether in plastic or metal).

What are our poodles doing? Maybe too busy keeping a tab on Chee Soon Juan and his sister?

What is Wong Kan Seng doing? Another highly paid million-dollar salaried minister doing nothing about internal-security.