• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taxi Uncles on a Holiday Jaunt - And Good for Them

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
count me in...i am the mother of all cheapos...cheap and good i like.....cheaper but no good i like even more.

Ok, later I'll call kapkia along. 3 of us can ride to Hatyai :biggrin:

2z9a0d5.jpg

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know that many of my former colleagues have ended up driving taxis.

In the 80s and early 90s, they were riding high and were hot shots in MNCs. However, instead of investing their money wisely, they bought Mercs and fancy Condos that cost the earth all for the sake of showing off that they had "made it".

A few of them actually made a huge amount of money when their units went "en-bloc".

So why have they ended up penniless and have to drive taxis for a living?

The answer is "greed" and "vanity". When money is too easy to come by, it is also easily lost.

You cannot blame the PAP for that.

The problem is Big Ego. Once a person has a nice house and a big load of cash, more often than not, his Big Ego will convince him that he is a God. Then the mistakes will come along, one after another.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem is Big Ego. Once a person has a nice house and a big load of cash, more often than not, his Big Ego will convince him that he is a God. Then the mistakes will come along, one after another.

If this is true then there is no hope for LKY, LHL, Ho Ching.....& the rest of the PAP. They are loaded with $$$$$. As long as they control Spore they will continue to drag us down.