• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taxi Peak Hour Charge Question

zephure99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was searching through the various transport websites but can't seemed to find answers to my questions on the peak hour surcharge of 35%.

(1) Is the morning peak hour surcharge period from 7am to 9.30am or 7.30 to 9.30am. Different taxi companies seemed to be publishing different peak hour period. Isn't this standardised or up to each taxi company to decide?

(2) Lets say if the period is from 7.30 am to 9.30am. If I were to board a taxi at 7.10 am but reached my destination at 7.40 am, how will I be affected by the 35% surcharge? Do I need to pay 35% during the travel from 7.30 and to 7.40 am?

Thanks for help.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) My best knowledge is 7.30 to 9.30

2) Yes. You pay for that 10mins difference for the surcharge.

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) My best knowledge is 7.30 to 9.30

2) Yes. You pay for that 10mins difference for the surcharge.

I acknowledge #2 as well. You will pay only for that period when the peak period kicks in. If you board 1 minute earlier than peak, you will not be charged 35% on the flag-down fare ($2.80-$3.00++). That can make a huge difference to the final fare.