• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taxi drove off with Kids Still inside!

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cabbies should be more vigilant - one drove off with kid inside

CAB drivers should be more vigilant in making sure that nothing is left behind after their passengers have alighted.

In my case, the driver did not check his taxi before driving off with my four-year-old son, whose seat belt was unbuckled.

My husband, my son and I had boarded a Yellow-Top cab at the taxi stand outside Queenstown MRT station at 7.05am on Wednesday. I was dropped off first at Hilton Hotel along Orchard Road.

The taxi then proceeded to my son's school at Millennia Walk. My husband asked the driver to stop somewhere along the road between Millennia Walk and Conrad Hotel. After paying the fare, my husband unbuckled my son's seat belt and told him to wait while he got off to open the door on the right hand side, where the kerb was. As soon as he stepped out and closed the door, the driver immediately sped off without looking behind.

My husband ran after the cab for some distance before the driver realised that something was wrong. He then reversed very quickly towards my husband, with my son still in the back seat. When my husband got to the cab, my son was in a state of shock.

It is bad enough that the driver did not bother to take a few minutes to make sure nothing was left behind, but it infuriated us that he was negligent with our son's life.

Daphne Lim (Mdm)

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Online+Story/STIStory_421679.html

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha yesterday cab driver drove off with passenger's luggage, now is drove off with children! I think cab drivers too stressed and DU LAN with exhorbitant cab rental fees liao.

Z

Zombie

you won't complain if the cab driver drove off with your mother-in-law inside.... :biggrin: