• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian & the Presdent's Power

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unbiased? Perhaps.

"40% margin", Naive? You bet!

Naive.jpg

Reason why I showed that snippet is because if I were to analyse TKL's perspectives, he is just trying to appeal to 40% of the opposition voters. That is assuming if ppl vote according to opposition versus PAP lines.

Hence, what I showed you is merely to indicate what possibly could be TKL's tactic.

Naive or not, it is anyone's guess. But what I can say for certain is TKL may be targeting the 40% by touching on the following hot button issues:

1) Salaries of office holders, especially president because he knows that office holder salaries is gonna irritate the hell out of voters. That is why he offered to donate half his salary, and guess what, it did the trick if you followed the comments on Yahoo! news.

2) Reserves. Because he know thats where our money lie.

These are hot button issues highlighted by the opposition, and if I didn't read TKL's intention wrongly, he wants to hopefully have the 40% opposition voting Singaporeans voting for him.

I could be wrong. But on current look, he seems to be singing the same tune as what opposition did during the rallies.

Tell me if I am wrong. What do you think is TKL's tactic?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS,

See what I meant:mad: I haven't even finish writting during my break and another forumer posted this.

Reason why I showed that snippet is because if I were to analyse TKL's perspectives, he is just trying to appeal to 40% of the opposition voters. That is assuming if ppl vote according to opposition versus PAP lines.

Hence, what I showed you is merely to indicate what possibly could be TKL's tactic.

Naive or not, it is anyone's guess. But what I can say for certain is TKL may be targeting the 40% by touching on the following hot button issues:

1) Salaries of office holders, especially president because he knows that office holder salaries is gonna irritate the hell out of voters. That is why he offered to donate half his salary, and guess what, it did the trick if you followed the comments on Yahoo! news.

2) Reserves. Because he know thats where our money lie.

These are hot button issues highlighted by the opposition, and if I didn't read TKL's intention wrongly, he wants to hopefully have the 40% opposition voting Singaporeans voting for him.

I could be wrong. But on current look, he seems to be singing the same tune as what opposition did during the rallies.

Tell me if I am wrong. What do you think is TKL's tactic?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are dodgy!

Aljunied GRC has delivered WP into parliment even though there was LKY intimidation on 'repent' if vote Oppo. EP is supposed to check on behalf of the people their CPF money and accountability. Time is up to see where is the capital and where is the profit/loss of GIC and TH? TKL can deliever us the GIC and TH P/L statements if not we throw shoe at him, fair dinkum.

GMS,

Hundreds, if not thousands of people put in their efforts for opposition in the hope to see more representation in parliment for transparency, accountability and check on policies.

IMO, riding on the opposition bandwagon and marketed as such by the EP candidate's supporters, this approach presents itself as one single target for the pappies to compromise all the major efforts of opposition supporters and what they stand for.

The negative impact on opposition will be disproportionately greater to the efforts required by the pappies now.

Nothing personal but the candidate's background, history, and what I read from varied sources in the media as well as coffee table chat with friends, the candidate who is subtlely implied as opposition representation is an easy target.

The cost to the opposition is greater than the prize.

What makes it more frustrating are that some supporters are knowingly or unknowingly:*: playing this up for their own personal benefits, digging the hole deeper for the opposition's image.

Just my humble POV.:mad:

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The PAP will never be in opposition for the next 3 elections. The people will put their brakes if the Pendulum swings too far. Voters are not out kill the country. There must be sufficient bench strength to govern this country. It's is not a basket case in case it slipped your mind.

People are ready to teach the PAP a lesson, to make them less arrogant, more transparent and more accountable.

Frankly I am sure TKL will be the first to admit that he is in no position to run a Govt even if he has the house majority as the depth of skills to form a decent cabinet is unlikely. The senior civil servants may be able to carry the new cabinet as the they have done the French Govt, but very remote.

What we are trying to do is to bring a dog to heel, build on forming an equally string second party but it will take time.

This is the problem with singaporeans, and you are symptomatic of everything that is fucked up in singapore. Your kiasu attitude and the rest of sinkies kiasu attitude is why this country is so fucked up today. If you are not playing to win, don't play. At every single election from now on, and that includes the last one, I totally expect and want the oppo to form the govt. of the day, even if its a coalition. If you are not planning to win the elections, don't run in it. "teach the PAP a lesson"? Fuck that shit, what idiots like u don't understand is the only lesson the PAP will ever learn IS WHEN YOU FUCKING KICK THEM OUT OF OFFICE. U think just because they got taught a "lesson", they will be more tranparent and accountable and less arrogant? Which fucking planet are you from? Have you not learn nothing at all from 40 years of PAP shit, and LKY crap? Why do you say that TKL will admit he is in no position to run the govt.? I think there are many people that are in a position to run the govt. The only people who are not fit to run it are the people running it into the ground now. I think a 20 + year old girl like Nicole Seah can do a better job running the govt. All it takes is heart and soul to run a govt., and that is what the PAP does not have. Everything else is in place already. Wake up your fucking ideas. If you don't plan to win, go home.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh! What a generation gap of 25 years can separate perspectives...............................some of the 60.1% knows what could be worse!....Fuck! I can't believe what I myself is saying. Maybe sometimes there is a break in the fog of my hatred.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal.

Hi interestingly enough the constitution does also cover cross transfer of assets between stat boards and gov companies. Having read the constitution, the term in use is Reserves not accumulated by the Current Gov in its term of office. The use of the term is interesting as it signifies that even the PAP cannot touch anything that was not accumalated by it or gained by it in a previous term of office.

How far does the President have influence ? If an individual was aggressive, as the President approves the budget , it goes without saying that the authority to approve a budget would also mean some form of moral suasion on how that money is spent. Not in the constitution on a direct literal reading but in between the lines highly possible.

How aggressive a line does the President take and how far can he disagree with the government of the day ? A lawyer once told me that there is nothing in the constitution to prevent a President from commenting on government matters. As it stands that remains legally true, though by convention as a head of state with limited circumscribed powers, my view of the constitution is that the President is a President for all WP PAP SDP etc and should be a unifer and not a divider which is what I am afraid of he challenges the ruling government head on.

My reading is that TKL is tapping onto deep seated anti government sentiment, he has taken up every pet opposition cause from the CPF to the death penalty and comes across as a divider not a unifer and that worries me a great deal. Yes the President is political but he is meant to be a unifer of all including the PAP and TKL seem's quite far away from that ideal.

There is room for quiet firm diginified moral authority but I just can't see TKL delivering it with his conduct to date.

Locke

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be suck up by PAP 'unifying' politcial correctness script. If PAP is unifying gahment it won't have to consider EP election, pay themselves millions of dollars for 'not doing anything lately but forecasting' and later says sorry for their poor last 5years performance.

Dear Scroobal.

Hi interestingly enough the constitution does also cover cross transfer of assets between stat boards and gov companies. Having read the constitution, the term in use is Reserves not accumulated by the Current Gov in its term of office. The use of the term is interesting as it signifies that even the PAP cannot touch anything that was not accumalated by it or gained by it in a previous term of office.

How far does the President have influence ? If an individual was aggressive, as the President approves the budget , it goes without saying that the authority to approve a budget would also mean some form of moral suasion on how that money is spent. Not in the constitution on a direct literal reading but in between the lines highly possible.

How aggressive a line does the President take and how far can he disagree with the government of the day ? A lawyer once told me that there is nothing in the constitution to prevent a President from commenting on government matters. As it stands that remains legally true, though by convention as a head of state with limited circumscribed powers, my view of the constitution is that the President is a President for all WP PAP SDP etc and should be a unifer and not a divider which is what I am afraid of he challenges the ruling government head on.

My reading is that TKL is tapping onto deep seated anti government sentiment, he has taken up every pet opposition cause from the CPF to the death penalty and comes across as a divider not a unifer and that worries me a great deal. Yes the President is political but he is meant to be a unifer of all including the PAP and TKL seem's quite far away from that ideal.

There is room for quiet firm diginified moral authority but I just can't see TKL delivering it with his conduct to date.

Locke

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dodgy:confused:, would be apt for pro tkl super newbies in this forum.:smile:

You are dodgy!

Aljunied GRC has delivered WP into parliment even though there was LKY intimidation on 'repent' if vote Oppo. EP is supposed to check on behalf of the people their CPF money and accountability. Time is up to see where is the capital and where is the profit/loss of GIC and TH? TKL can deliever us the GIC and TH P/L statements if not we throw shoe at him, fair dinkum.