• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Talking about volunteerism and charity .....

valleycat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently visited a charity kitchen named " Willing Hearts " at lorong 23 Geylang , yes the notorious Geylang , surprised to find young and elderly volunteers working diligently together as early as 5am every morning 365 days a year preparing food for the maginalised and poor . They also deliver food , 2 or 3 meals a day to the doorsteps of these needy ! Unbelievable ? but true , I went there a few times to check it out and noticed regulars going there sacrificing their time in the mornings till noon to help in the kitchen cooking, packing and distributing food.

They are not paid and these volunteers do it out of love for the poor ! Noble indeed , hope I can emulate them.Wondering where they get their funds or donations? They are probably preparing for more than 2000 . could it be supported by philantropists or Government agency?

petertok

Alfrescian
Loyal
My boss in a local bank organised a team of colleagues to volunteer there and we found out that Willing Hearts soup kitchen depended on well wishers and donors to support their charity work. It seems they are occasionally running short of ingredients viz; rice, cooking oil ,pepper etc , so we get some of our friends to donate such ingredients to them. They seem to be doing a very good job with these volunteers carrying out tasks without being forced !