• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taliban welcoming tourists to site of the destroyed Bamiyan Buddhas, muslim tourists are happy it was destroyed!

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bamiyan-Buddha-niche-300x174.png

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...cient-buddhas-now-welcoming-tourists-rcna6307

BAMIYAN, Afghanistan — The Taliban’s destruction of the Bamiyan Buddha statues in early 2001 shocked the world and highlighted their hard-line regime, toppled soon after in a U.S.-led invasion.

Now back in charge of Afghanistan and eager to present a softer image, the militant group is running the site as a tourist attraction.

For around $5, curious visitors can wander around and take photos of the giant holes in the cliff face where the ancient Buddha statues once stood.

Under a white Taliban flag, soldiers man a booth and write out admission tickets.

Sidiq Ullah, who is a supporter of the militant group, came to see the historic site this week with friends from Kandahar, around 350 miles southwest of Bamiyan. Now that the Taliban are in control, he said, he feels free to tour the country.

“I was young when these were destroyed, about 7 years old, and since then it has been a dream to come and see what happened here,” he said.

“I’m happy it was destroyed. I’m here to see the ruins actually.”…

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bamiyan-Buddha-niche-300x174.png

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...cient-buddhas-now-welcoming-tourists-rcna6307

BAMIYAN, Afghanistan — The Taliban’s destruction of the Bamiyan Buddha statues in early 2001 shocked the world and highlighted their hard-line regime, toppled soon after in a U.S.-led invasion.

Now back in charge of Afghanistan and eager to present a softer image, the militant group is running the site as a tourist attraction.

For around $5, curious visitors can wander around and take photos of the giant holes in the cliff face where the ancient Buddha statues once stood.

Under a white Taliban flag, soldiers man a booth and write out admission tickets.

Sidiq Ullah, who is a supporter of the militant group, came to see the historic site this week with friends from Kandahar, around 350 miles southwest of Bamiyan. Now that the Taliban are in control, he said, he feels free to tour the country.

“I was young when these were destroyed, about 7 years old, and since then it has been a dream to come and see what happened here,” he said.

“I’m happy it was destroyed. I’m here to see the ruins actually.”…
I must say the Muslims do not appreciate art and culture.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many Muslims believe that the ruins and destruction of non-Muslim structures testifies to the truth of Islam, as the Qur’an suggests that the destroyed remnants of ancient non-Muslim civilizations are a sign of Allah’s punishment of those who rejected his truth: “Many were the Ways of Life that have passed away before you: travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who rejected Truth.” (3:137)

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Islam is a fascism religion, muslims have all the koranic rights to destroy infidel religion artifacts but the other way round.
Firstly, it is not suppose to be a religion
Secondly, arabs used to hire non believers to manage cities and towns for them.
Thirdly, jews used to seek refuge in Muslim land and against Christian tyrrany and opression.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Firstly, it is not suppose to be a religion

I hope not. The closest disciples of mahomet openly called each other liars, and the biggest faction had mahomet's surviving daughter beaten into miscarriage and beat up other arab chiefs if they would not vote for them when electing the next chief to succeed mahomet.

moslems are better off getting spiritual advice from self improvement gurus than from violent men like these.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope not. The closest disciples of mahomet openly called each other liars, and the biggest faction had mahomet's surviving daughter beaten into miscarriage and beat up other arab chiefs if they would not vote for them when electing the next chief to succeed mahomet.

moslems are better off getting spiritual advice from self improvement gurus than from violent men like these.
That would explain how it ended up as what seems like a pagan faith.