• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taking MRT with big luggages - my experience

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
From the postings, it can be derived that Joetys,

1. Got chauffeur in BKK, so never take train

2. Buy air ticket to SGP so that he has a chance to experience taking the MRT :biggrin:

Maciam like ancient time, the emperor boring of the life in the palace, so sneaked out to play dressed as peasant :p

1. Yes you are right

2. No you are wrong I come back shopping and dining then will be gone a couple if days.

Dhey I said before don't hai me mention royalty knn 15 years in Bangkok Hilton you know?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What do you guys think of people traveling in MRT with big luggages perhaps going to or coming from the airport? Do you think these people are poor foreigners? Or poor sinkies who cannot afford taxi or car? Or do you think it's normal.

i wonder.

The reason I wish to discuss this is because I came back Singapore yesterday around 3pm and decided to try take MRT for a change as my destination has an MRT station directly downstairs but I was traveling with one big luggage and another small one both on wheels and also lugging a backpack. Also I was thinking could save $30 compare to taking taxi.

Finally, for convenience and savings I achieved both. Trouble is many passengers especially those look non-foreigners (sinkies) look at me often from their corner of their eyes it's like they look down on me like that (it's like they tsk tsk tsk in their hearts). Surprisingly people who look ok to me are mostly foreigner looking people.

I have done it. its a little bit of a pain, have to change trains, and cannot sit the whole time because u need to hold and jagar the luggage. easier if 2 people take the MRT together from the airport.

XXtCC

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's norm, even if you are taking bus, some of them have a small little area where you can put your luggage, that is what some of the stewardesses are doing.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U Singaporean dun know local mentality meh. SG everyone is too used to taking cab when traveling to airport. We're too well off so see pple taking luggage on MRT no up. Can afford thousand dollar vacation cannot afford $30 cab ride

Personally I've never taken the train from the airport coz biz travel company pay, personal travel only 3-4 time a year I rather pamper myself. But overseas I will always take local transport wherever possible to save cost. Its ok in regional countries but once U go to places like Japan or Europe the cab fares are insane. Cab ride from CDG to Paris city center can cost U close to SGD$100. That's why ang moh culture is take public transport to/from airport and its not weird for them. Singaporeans complain about taxi fares but compared to most places I've been to, its still fairly cheap so we just take it for granted and assume everyone should take cab

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Holy smoke I did not think of this. I wouldn't have taken the risk if I'd thought of this. Ok no more.

Pls loh those joker talk like breakdown of this magnitude is everyday occurrence. Frequency and breakdown rate have improved a lot since Saw got kicked out

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pls loh those joker talk like breakdown of this magnitude is everyday occurrence. Frequency and breakdown rate have improved a lot since Saw got kicked out

Pls your Mother Lau Chee Bye! :oIo: Making comparison to Saw's era? How about comparing it to 20 years ago? :oIo::kma:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
simei save 30 dollars
what can 30 dollars buy, not enough for a box of ammo for your maid glock. she need the ammo to shoot rats in the house.

What do you guys think of people traveling in MRT with big luggages perhaps going to or coming from the airport? Do you think these people are poor foreigners? Or poor sinkies who cannot afford taxi or car? Or do you think it's normal.

i wonder.

The reason I wish to discuss this is because I came back Singapore yesterday around 3pm and decided to try take MRT for a change as my destination has an MRT station directly downstairs but I was traveling with one big luggage and another small one both on wheels and also lugging a backpack. Also I was thinking could save $30 compare to taking taxi.

Finally, for convenience and savings I achieved both. Trouble is many passengers especially those look non-foreigners (sinkies) look at me often from their corner of their eyes it's like they look down on me like that (it's like they tsk tsk tsk in their hearts). Surprisingly people who look ok to me are mostly foreigner looking people.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
simei save 30 dollars
what can 30 dollars buy, not enough for a box of ammo for your maid glock. she need the ammo to shoot rats in the house.

Nothing la, some times I'm just crazy that's it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
simei save 30 dollars

We are not all millionaires.
If one can save a dollar here, & a dollar there. It can all add up to $$$.

For me it means I have more $ I can spend in LOS, Malaysia,...:smile:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at Suvarnabhumi, the "express" MRT ride to Phyatai & it is fast because the "express" train stops only at Asoka & Phyatai stations. Unlike the non-express service which stops at all the stations..
Express line is at 30mins interval, and stop for suk area is Makassan. Only problem is you need a damn hike down to main road (or switch to MRT). Lately improved with buggy service (only to main road).

City line though stops lots, only costs bht47 to Phya Thai with easier connect to BTS. Last time taxi took bloody 2hrs to Bangkae (across Thonburi side) in rush hour, like bht500 + toll.

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Airport mrt only half way....after change to bts ...depending on timing will be very very crowded...but taking cab to sukhumvit area also not a good solution...traffic is really very bad.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are not all millionaires.
If one can save a dollar here, & a dollar there. It can all add up to $$$.

For me it means I have more $ I can spend in LOS, Malaysia,...:smile:

i am talking about him. not anyone else. Good that you save money.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pls loh those joker talk like breakdown of this magnitude is everyday occurrence. Frequency and breakdown rate have have improved a lot since Saw got kicked out

Huhh..???? :confused::confused::confused:

You living inside Bukit Timah jungle all this while ahh? :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Express line is at 30mins interval, and stop for suk area is Makassan. Only problem is you need a damn hike down to main road (or switch to MRT). Lately improved with buggy service (only to main road).

City line though stops lots, only costs bht47 to Phya Thai with easier connect to BTS. Last time taxi took bloody 2hrs to Bangkae (across Thonburi side) in rush hour, like bht500 + toll.

Last time I visited LOS I took the taxi. The taxi driver gave me 2 options pay by meter or pay a package price of 500bht(which includes toll). Glad I chose the package price because there was a jam:biggrin:

Next visit I'll probably take the train because the political problems is still unresolved & i want to avoid potential jams.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frequency and breakdown rate have improved a lot since saw kicked out? You forgot your medication today?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Airport mrt only half way....after change to bts ...depending on timing will be very very crowded...but taking cab to sukhumvit area also not a good solution...traffic is really very bad.

That's why I prefer to take an early flight got better chance of avoiding the jams in BKK. Next visit I will take the train, the hotel I usually stay is near to the MRT station at Sukh.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not trying to be rude but Char Azn must seriously consider giving Scrap Goat a good fuck..:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frequency and breakdown rate have improved a lot since saw kicked out? You forgot your medication today?

U either dont take MRT or complain for the sake of complaining. Best example I can give U is tanjong Pagar evening peak. Waiting 2 trains used to be common for me, nowadays I can get onto the first train 90% of the time. Wait time also decrease as well as noticable decrease in those stop start occurrence during rides

Just to prove my point, when was the last time U've seen one of those new photos of ridiculous packed MRT station. It doesnt happen now except for breakdowns and last year U can count the major ones in 1 hand. MRT have apps now informing U of breakdown

U seriously need to stop believing in stupid bullshit on the internet