• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[taking back the whole chicken] ERP rates to go up by S$1 at 11 gantries on AYE, CTE

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
1617629083271.png

SINGAPORE — Road users on some stretches of the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) and the Central Expressway (CTE) will see Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) rates go up by S$1 from next week, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said on Monday (April 5).

LTA made the decision after observing traffic congestion at several locations on the two expressways while monitoring traffic conditions in February and March.

The hike, which takes effect on April 12, will affect a total of 11 gantries at five locations on the AYE and CTE, with ERP rates either going up from S$0 to S$1 or from S$1 to S$2.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/erp-rates-go-s1-11-gantries-aye-cte

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
To be expected really. They won't be satisfied until they have the entire chicken coop. Not just one chicken.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB ,61% still blur blur say government good ,fxxx them, what free vaccine,free this n that , covid expenses ,this is how the stroke patient say must top up the reserves, CB only k ow how to suck from its citizens , they are not really clever or even intelligent, CB 61%

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 107483

SINGAPORE — Road users on some stretches of the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) and the Central Expressway (CTE) will see Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) rates go up by S$1 from next week, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said on Monday (April 5).

LTA made the decision after observing traffic congestion at several locations on the two expressways while monitoring traffic conditions in February and March.

The hike, which takes effect on April 12, will affect a total of 11 gantries at five locations on the AYE and CTE, with ERP rates either going up from S$0 to S$1 or from S$1 to S$2.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/erp-rates-go-s1-11-gantries-aye-cte

OBSERVATION?

really??????????? vault empty leow we suckers pay n pay

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN imuho an increase in erp should not have impact on those that leelee can afford a car KNN those using company car allowance for business use will be able to claim from company while those that can afford to drive $1 $10 is nothing to them :cool: hence left the clowns driver :biggrin: KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN imuho an increase in erp should not have impact on those that leelee can afford a car KNN those using company car allowance for business use will be able to claim from company while those that can afford to drive $1 $10 is nothing to them :cool: hence left the clowns driver :biggrin: KNN
Having said this my uncle also think that the increase should consider for those tan chia vehicles I.e taxi and grab and exclude them from affected becas the cost will then transfer to the users who does not fall in these category KNN same like increase gst should not include medical leequirement to have gst becas it is not a choice KNN increase in optional items are deeply Welcumed by my uncle KNN hence my uncle think pap is very bad with using their brains not flexible KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having said this my uncle also think that the increase should consider for those tan chia vehicles I.e taxi and grab and exclude them from affected becas the cost will then transfer to the users who does not fall in these category KNN same like increase gst should not include medical leequirement to have gst becas it is not a choice KNN increase in optional items are deeply Welcumed by my uncle KNN hence my uncle think pap is very bad with using their brains not flexible KNN
KNN in fact my uncle think increase gst to help the poor was a fantastic move by pap until when medical leequirement is tag along with it and becomes a conman statement KNN becas before kana the medical gst my uncle leelee benefitted alot when pap keep taking other peoples money to give my uncle under the poor KNN but do take note my uncle is classified as poor in their leecord based on household per capita but in actual my uncle is worth above a mil (soon par KNN) :tongue: KNN

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Why keep increasing?”: Netizens slam LTA for increasing ERP rates by S$1 at some gantries on AYE and CTE - The Online Citizen Asia
The Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) rates at some stretches on the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) and Central Expressway (CTE) will be increased by S$1 from 12 Apr onwards, said the Land Transport Authority (LTA).

In a statement on Monday (5 Apr), LTA noted that the increase in rates will help to manage congestion at several locations and further spread out traffic volume.

“In tandem with the progressive easing of safe management measures, traffic volume has built up at certain stretches on the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) and Central Expressway (CTE).

“Specifically, it has been observed that there appears to be a structural change in morning peak hour traffic. Instead of very high traffic volumes concentrated in a short window, we see heavy traffic across a longer duration, from 7 am to 10 am,” it said.

Following this adjustment, ERP will be charged at 12 gantries, compared to 77 gantries pre-COVID, with the highest ERP rate of S$3 as compared to S$6 pre-COVID, it added.

Currently, the highest ERP charge of S$3 is charged from 6 pm to 6.30 pm on the northbound side of the CTE after the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) exit, which was implemented last October.

Based on LTA’s monitoring of traffic conditions in February and March, it found that traffic speeds have remained “generally optimal” on all arterial roads, including those within the Central Business District.

Hence, ERP charges will remain at S$0 at these locations until the next review, said LTA.

“There continue to be no ERP charges on other expressways and arterial roads,” it stated.

“LTA will continue to monitor traffic speeds and congestion levels closely and assess if ERP rates need to be further adjusted as safe management measures continue to evolve.”

Netizens slam LTA for increasing ERP rates amid hikes in electricity, gas tariffs
Penning their thoughts under the comment section of CNA’s Facebook post, many netizens expressed outrage over the increase in ERP rates at some gantries on the AYE and CTE, given that the electricity and gas tariffs were also increased last week.

Earlier on, SP Group announced that the electricity tariff before GST will increase by an average of 8.7 per cent or 1.77 cents per kWh – for the period from 1 Apr to 30 Jun 2021 – compared with the previous quarter.

The Group said that this is mainly due to the “higher cost of fuel for producing electricity by the power generation companies”, which is tied to oil prices by commercial contracts.

For households, the electricity tariff will increase from 20.76 to 22.55 cents per kWh from 1 Apr to 30 Jun.

City Gas also said on 31 Mar that gas tariffs for households will be increased in the second quarter by 0.84 cents per kilowatt-hour to 18.07 cents. This is the price before GST is applied.

Similarly, it stated that the increase is “due to an increase in fuel costs compared with the previous quarter”.

Following that, one netizen wrote: “We are still in the midst of the pandemic and many are jobless and households are still struggling with consistent income. The Govt should continue to help until the pandemic is over instead of increasing our burden.”

Some netizens wrote that no one is complaining about traffic congestion, yet the Government is “quick to increase the rate”.

Another user questioned if increasing the ERP rates is the only solution when it is “obvious” that congestion will still happen even with the increase.

One netizen pointed out that the Government is still increasing the rates amid this “worst time” when everyone is “trying to place food on our table”.

Share this: