• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taipei MRT barrier = $875K per station, SMRT = $3.8M. Why???

dupersuper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Golden barrier?? like NKF

source:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1k...es?msg=18888.1

Singapore:
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is spending $126 million on the project and aims to complete work on the remaining 33 stations by 2012.

Taiwan
Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited (ST Electronics), today announced that it has won a S$10.5 million contract to supply Platform Screen Doors (PSD) for Taipei’s Mucha Extension (Neihu) Line in Taiwan.ST Electronics Taiwan will design, supply, install and commission the platform screen doors for the 12-station Neihu Line for final delivery to the Department of Rapid Transit System by the third quarter of 2009

macky888

Alfrescian
Loyal
last time SMRT also says that installing CCTV that can record will also dun know costs how many hundreds of millions..... it's a joke i find.. get M1 to install their latest ones i think they can do it for less than a hundred per camera...

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Golden barrier?? like NKF

source:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1k...es?msg=18888.1

Singapore:
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is spending $126 million on the project and aims to complete work on the remaining 33 stations by 2012.

Taiwan
Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited (ST Electronics), today announced that it has won a S$10.5 million contract to supply Platform Screen Doors (PSD) for Taipei’s Mucha Extension (Neihu) Line in Taiwan.ST Electronics Taiwan will design, supply, install and commission the platform screen doors for the 12-station Neihu Line for final delivery to the Department of Rapid Transit System by the third quarter of 2009

I know I know!

SMRT's trains are 4 times longer than the ones in Taiwan!

dupersuper

Alfrescian
Loyal
good news, finally got the artist impressions for the new mrt barrier

3211214542_a5d596ea68.jpg

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
They makan the materials put it at 1.5 metre high and not full length of the platform somemore . Somemore so over stated price ! Someone has to go down for it !

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those doors cost so much because they need to feed many useless management staff who took many years to come up with this design, a team to brainstorm for the best materials, a team to do tenders, a team to convince the shareholders. The exact cost of those doors is really only $875K per station but Singapore overheads are expensive!