• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Swiss Olymipig footballer posted racist tweet after losing 2-1 to South Korea

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Switzerland Olympic footballer expelled for alleged Twitter racism
• Offensive message was aimed at South Korea
• Michel Morganella's account is deleted

Monday 30 July 2012 17.56 BST

Michel-Morganella-008.jpg

Switzerland's Michel Morganella, left, during his side's 2-1 defeat by South Korea on Sunday. Photograph: Hussein Malla/AP

Switzerland's Michel Morganella has been expelled from the Olympics for posting a racist message on Twitter.

The Swiss Olympic team chief, Gian Gilli, said Morganella, a member of the football squad, was being stripped of his Olympic accreditation before Switzerland's final group match against Mexico on Wednesday.

He "discriminated against, insulted and violated the dignity of the South Korea football team as well as the South Korean people," Gilli said.

Morganella posted an offensive message aimed at South Korean people after Switzerland lost 2-1 to South Korea on Sunday.

Morganella said: "I made a huge mistake after the disappointing result.

"I wish to apologise to the people in South Korea and their team, but also to the Swiss delegation and Swiss football in general. I obviously accept the consequences for my actions."

The Swiss newspaper Le Matin published images of a tweet from the player's account [at]morgastoss. The account has since been deleted.

The 23-year-old defender is the second Olympic athlete kicked off a team for offensive Twitter comments.

Greece dropped the triple jumper Voula Papachristou last week after she posted a comment mocking African immigrants.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ANOTHER Olympic Athlete Has Been Banned For A Racist Tweet
Michel Morganella, a Swiss football player, has been expelled from the London Olympics for posting a racist message to Twitter, AP reports.

The Swiss team have confirmed that Morganella will not appear in the country's final match against Mexico.

While Morganella appears to have deleted his account from Twitter, Swiss newspaper Le Matin has published a screenshot of the tweet:

le-matin-morganella-tweet.jpg

The tweet roughly translates as:“I f*** all Koreans, go all burn yourselves. Ahahahaha bunch of ‘tards.”

Morganella is the second athlete to be expelled from the games for a racist tweet. Voula Papachristou of Greece was expelled from the team before she even made it to London.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
People who "tweet" are even dumber that the idiots who create facebook profiles. :rolleyes:

Once again, vanity seems to outweigh sanity.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tweet from the Greek jumper was worse.

To be born white and European, life has already been very good to them. So why the hate against Koreans and Africans?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should ban all those on this forum who made racist remarks too

If you felt so this way, maybe you are in a wrong place, at a wrong time and with the wrong kind of ppl, which you are communicating with and for all that, you should have known that you were also born to the wrong ppl and not know why!

But still you stick around.

For FUCK?:biggrin: