• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sweet & Sour Pork

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good monday morning sister. we're on daylight savings time and thus the 1-hour change. thank you for the sweet and sour pork recipe. yummy, it's still one of my favorite comfort dishes although it's considered a low end (ghetto) food from chinese take-out. you can substitute rice vinegar with apple cider vinegar and sugar with raw brown crystallized sugar. chili sauce is seldom used where i am, but i'm sure it's automatic in sg.

concerning your swine's conquests, i'm not surprised that corporate codes of conduct and sex-related decorum in sg are sorely lacking. where i am especially in corporate cultures of high repute your swine will get fired unceremoniously with zero chance of explanation nor redemption. fraternalization with colleagues of the opposite sex is prohibited, even after office hours, including trips on business. it is lumped together with the whole suit of conduct training and signed employee agreement under "anti-sexual harassment behavior" in and out of the workplace. it is also frowned upon and a corporate offense to be inappropriate with the opposite sex from a vendor or a competitor or anybody including spouses in public. the code now has been extended to include members of the lgbt community. men spanking men for a job well done is now an excuse for dismissal.

although such codes are strict in large corporations, they are lax in private and smaller companies. vc firms with several high powered and highly paid partners are notorious for hiring syt's and intimidating them into surrending their altars of joy for sexual gratification by these predators. many of these sexual predators in the valley of cleavage are not surprisingly ah nehs. cumming to america for these iit alums is like giving the key to a sweet tooth to a candy store. too many syt's especially the desperate (for a job), weak and gullible becum victims. this culture of sexual predation in the workplace has to stop in sg. please let your swine know that he's welcum in india and china but not in the u.s. thanks!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello [Claire],

You wrote:
[[ I hope he has changed. I hope he learns from his mistakes. I know it is precarious for me to be with him, given his “vibrant” past. I have said to myself I will change him to be a better man, and I am determined. ]]

I salute you for your very positive attitude.

I may be biased, but I believe that it is very challenging for any individual to try to change their bf/gf or spouse.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
by the way, did you mean "not wanting to irritate him" or "not wanting to make him irate"? :wink:
collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/irritate
collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/irate

Morning Ru. You are right. I had erroneously used the word as a verb. Thanks for the correction :smile:

I still read your post to improve my English :p
Have a good day !

Choot, my English is only mediocre. I do make many errors as you can see.

I am appreciative that others are pointing them out to me. You should learn from the others, who are much proficient in the use of words and grammar. :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
good monday morning sister. we're on daylight savings time and thus the 1-hour change. thank you for the sweet and sour pork recipe. yummy, it's still one of my favorite comfort dishes although it's considered a low end (ghetto) food from chinese take-out. you can substitute rice vinegar with apple cider vinegar and sugar with raw brown crystallized sugar. chili sauce is seldom used where i am, but i'm sure it's automatic in sg.

concerning your swine's conquests, i'm not surprised that corporate codes of conduct and sex-related decorum in sg are sorely lacking. where i am especially in corporate cultures of high repute your swine will get fired unceremoniously with zero chance of explanation nor redemption. fraternalization with colleagues of the opposite sex is prohibited, even after office hours, including trips on business. it is lumped together with the whole suit of conduct training and signed employee agreement under "anti-sexual harassment behavior" in and out of the workplace. it is also frowned upon and a corporate offense to be inappropriate with the opposite sex from a vendor or a competitor or anybody including spouses in public. the code now has been extended to include members of the lgbt community. men spanking men for a job well done is now an excuse for dismissal.

although such codes are strict in large corporations, they are lax in private and smaller companies. vc firms with several high powered and highly paid partners are notorious for hiring syt's and intimidating them into surrending their altars of joy for sexual gratification by these predators. many of these sexual predators in the valley of cleavage are not surprisingly ah nehs. cumming to america for these iit alums is like giving the key to a sweet tooth to a candy store. too many syt's especially the desperate (for a job), weak and gullible becum victims. this culture of sexual predation in the workplace has to stop in sg. please let your swine know that he's welcum in india and china but not in the u.s. thanks!

Good morning elder brother :smile: :smile: :smile:

We have to stop this sort of "meeting" online. Honestly, my heart pounds hard, each time I log in every morning, wondering if you have responded to me :o. It does sort of feel "illicit". :(

And, when I read your content, it has never failed to leave a pleasant smile in my heart as well. Sometimes, when I read your response in a crowded morning train (like just now), I could sense the awful gaze from fellow commuters. They probably assumed that I am in love, reading some love messages from him :confused:

Oh, back to your post ~ before I go "gaga" like a teenage girl and propel myself into the "orgasmic' heights of day dreaming ~ Ooops! I guess I have been rather "expressive" this morning ~ I better watch my own conduct. Otherwise, I may be "seen as" another Cocotte, Saseko or Amkae.

I agree with you that Singapore employers do not have clear written rules on anti-sexual harassment in the workplace.

The MNCs in Singapore have them as these rules are "brought in" from their US, UK and other advanced legal jurisdictions. Having said that, it is extremely difficult to haul someone in for such misconduct as evidence are usually hearsay. Unless there is a confession from the protagonists, the tryst is more than likely to be "acquitted" than not.

I sit in the Ethics Committee in where I work. There is usually no primary evidence available in 99.9% of the cases where complaints have been filed. Those anonymous complaints will usually state :

- X was seen having breakfast with Y (superior) every morning, behaving like "lovers" at Coffee Bean. Hence, she was promoted before the others who had more merit than her.

When confronted, the usual denials that they were discussing work-related stuff.

- X was seen walking out of Y's (superior) hotel room in the morning. Hence she was promoted, blah blah and blah.

Again, denials from both, with the plausible excuse that she had gone to his room to borrow a mobile charger as her own device had malfunctioned.​

Well, I am writing a bit too much for you today. I better stop here, otherwise, I may spiral into falling for you :o

Last edited:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello [Claire],

You wrote:
[[ I hope he has changed. I hope he learns from his mistakes. I know it is precarious for me to be with him, given his “vibrant” past. I have said to myself I will change him to be a better man, and I am determined. ]]

I salute you for your very positive attitude.

I may be biased, but I believe that it is very challenging for any individual to try to change their bf/gf or spouse.

Good morning Charlie. :smile: Thanks for your salutation. I do wake up everyday telling myself to "think positive". By the end of the day, this positive mindset becomes drained by idiots in office. This forum (and also my best friend, Sue) provides me the necessary relief to "shout", "scream" and let go of myself anonymously.

Have a good day Charlie. Always touched by your sincerity :smile:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good morning Charlie. :smile: Thanks for your salutation. I do wake up everyday telling myself to "think positive". By the end of the day, this positive mindset becomes drained by idiots in office. This forum (and also my best friend, Sue) provides me the necessary relief to "shout", "scream" and let go of myself anonymously.

It is 2200 hours, Eastern Daylight Savings Time
(we lost an hour from Saturday 0100 hours).

Enjoy your day.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good morning elder brother :smile: :smile: :smile:

We have to stop this sort of "meeting" online. Honestly, my heart pounds hard, each time I log in every morning, wondering if you have responded to me :o. It does sort of feel "illicit". :(

good evening sister. i've always wanted a public meeting while commuting like this, but blubber got in the way. :p

image.jpg

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can use the oven for barbecue pork ribs by wrapping the slab in aluminium foil. But I do not know how to include the wooden hardwood chips for that smokey flavour, There is an additive called "Liquid Smoke", sold in some specialty shops, I suppose one could use to mimick the smokiness of real charcoal grill. In my method, after the searing over direct heat, the slab is moved to the indirect heat section of the kettle grill which is then covered/closed and the remaining time, the rib is cooked slowly from indirect heat. This cannot be done in an oven. I haven't done this is the oven before (it won't be barbecued, but roasted!!), but I supposed will have to try one day. Singapore living does not favour backyard barbecue lifestyle.

BTW, there are a number of pretty good babecue rib places in Singapore, but compared to doing it at home, they cost a bomb (average 35 buck and aboe for a full slab of ribs, throw in a few bottles of beer and it easily reaches a hundred bucks! You can buy a full slab of of pork ribs from the wet market at around 10 bucks! If I were to go out for rib, my first choice is Smokey's at Joo Chiat. They do it well!

Cheers!

Hello Agor. Thanks for your ribs recipe :smile:

How do I adapt for the oven (as opposed to outdoor grill?

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
[[[I said:
I have said to myself I will change him to be a better man, and I am determined[/I]. ]]

And therein lies your problem. You are making the same mistake millions are making to ensure the failure of the relationship.

Man goes into a relationship with a woman hoping she will never change. But she does.
Woman goes into a relationship with a man hoping he will change, But he doesn't. Ever.

The woman will put on weight, she'll lose interest in sex, she'll start to nag etc stc
The man will still fart under the blankets, scratch his balls in public, tell bawdy jokes loudly in public etc etc

Live with his faults and he'll learn, hopefully, live with yours, which, in my opinion, are enough reasons to boot you over the horizon.

And by the way, real sweet and sour pork isn't served that way. The sour and sour sauce isn't poured over the pork, it's served as a dip on the side. This way the pork, which isn't just coated with plain flour, a little potato flour should be added to the plain to achieve that crispiness, maintains its crispiness even in the mouth. And you didn't mentioned double deep frying.

This is how I remember it 40+ years ago and this is the way I do it now.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

As long as you don't scream "Got You!" :biggrin:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can use the oven for barbecue pork ribs by wrapping the slab in aluminium foil. But I do not know how to include the wooden hardwood chips for that smokey flavour, There is an additive called "Liquid Smoke", sold in some specialty shops, I suppose one could use to mimick the smokiness of real charcoal grill. In my method, after the searing over direct heat, the slab is moved to the indirect heat section of the kettle grill which is then covered/closed and the remaining time, the rib is cooked slowly from indirect heat. This cannot be done in an oven. I haven't done this is the oven before (it won't be barbecued, but roasted!!), but I supposed will have to try one day. Singapore living does not favour backyard barbecue lifestyle.

BTW, there are a number of pretty good babecue rib places in Singapore, but compared to doing it at home, they cost a bomb (average 35 buck and aboe for a full slab of ribs, throw in a few bottles of beer and it easily reaches a hundred bucks! You can buy a full slab of of pork ribs from the wet market at around 10 bucks! If I were to go out for rib, my first choice is Smokey's at Joo Chiat. They do it well!

Cheers!

Thanks Agor. I will try to search for some recipes on the net which are oven friendly and perhaps we can share some ideas :smile: