• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Survey show most Sporeans want to work pass retirement age?!!! Who did they interview

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most S'poreans want to work past retirement age: survey
By Jonathan Peeris | Posted: 21 June 2011 2254 hrs
_
_
Photos 1_of 1

Singapore workers
_ _
_

SINGAPORE : Singaporean employees want to work past the retirement age and upgrade their skills, according to the latest Randstad Workmonitor survey released on Tuesday.

It found that 72 per cent of Singaporean employees would be happier working two years past the official retirement age without any additional financial benefits.

The survey also showed that 66 per cent of Singapore employees interviewed said their career now demands more education and training than ever before, while more than a third said they felt their current job was beyond their current abilities.

Interestingly, four out of ten people surveyed would prefer a position with more responsibility, even if there was no increase in salary.

The survey also indicated a high level of confidence among employees, with 61 per cent believing recruitment of good talent had been increasing since the financial crisis and 65 per cent believing their companies were in a good position to hire well-qualified staff.

The findings also indicated a four per cent rise in employee satisfaction to 61 per cent among Singapore employees since its last quarterly release.

However, 74 per cent felt that more people would leave to work abroad in the future.

Randstad regional director for Singapore and Malaysia, Karin Clarke, said this highlighted the priority for employers to focus on strong talent retention and attraction strategies.

The research surveyed 405 Singaporeans from May 2 to 13, as part of a global quarterly survey of 13,565 employees, which tracks employee confidence, mobility, job satisfaction and personal motivation.

- CNA/al

_

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Survey show most Sporeans want to work pass retirement age?!!! Who did they inter

well, pap fans.:eek:

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Survey show most Sporeans want to work pass retirement age?!!! Who did they inter

Crazy u know! The way they manipulate with stats and fig. Ok maybe they only asked the grasslooters and again the grasslooters gave them the wrong idea.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

the report really make no sense ....even im in half-retired mode now ...:wink:

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal

the report really make no sense ....even im in half-retired mode now ...:wink:

Wah bro so good? What is ur line of work? Curious, but u dun ve to ans if u thk it is too personal. :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

LKY still working leh, so the 60% sheep also follow loh. What you think ?

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal

LKY still working leh, so the 60% sheep also follow loh. What you think ?

Every 4D and TOTO queue so long, I'm sure ppl dun 1 work lah, hoping to strike it big once and for all. I think the ppl who ans this survey must be selected fr Temasek or GIC, they are earning a lot liao so dun need 'additional financial benefits' they can continue to work also. Alternatively, they could be answering the survey at gun point. :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Every 4D and TOTO queue so long, I'm sure ppl dun 1 work lah, hoping to strike it big once and for all. I think the ppl who ans this survey must be selected fr Temasek or GIC, they are earning a lot liao so dun need 'additional financial benefits' they can continue to work also. Alternatively, they could be answering the survey at gun point. :biggrin:

Don't forget MPs also. With $10K a day for doing nothing, I want that job as well.

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't forget MPs also. With $10K a day for doing nothing, I want that job as well.

Yah mayb they answered the survey as well. Sianzzz leh. See this type of report very angry.

techiedick

Alfrescian
Loyal

i suppose there are 2 sides to the answers, cos the questions is one dimensional.

You want to continue working after your retirement age?

1. Those who have no choice, need to survive of course say "yes"

2. Those who work all their life still cannot afford to pay of their HDb loan - of course say "yes"

3. Those who earns 10K a day of course says "yes"

They should ask this question too, if you say yes to Question 1, if given a choice and afford not to work what would your answer be now

Group 1 and Group 2 answer would be a clear "NO"

Group 3 (cho bo) - of course still "Yes"

techiedick

Alfrescian
Loyal

i suppose there are 2 sides to the answers, cos the questions is one dimensional.

2. Those who work all their life still cannot afford to pay of their HDb loan - of course say "yes"

They should ask this question too, if you say yes to Question 1, if given a choice and afford not to work what would your answer be now

techiedick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm in exotics pet trading .

WOAH!!!!!!Animals lover!!!! I salute u!!!!! I respect u!!!!!U must be super patience and caring sia. Dealing with human that speaks same lang alrdy so tough, let alone dealing with animals. Good for u! :biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

WOAH!!!!!!Animals lover!!!! I salute u!!!!! I respect u!!!!!U must be super patience and caring sia. Dealing with human that speaks same lang alrdy so tough, let alone dealing with animals. Good for u! :biggrin:

bro ..its not easy and its dirty money ...when i started out , im the only one cleaning the shits , doing the breeding , knowing what makes the animals sick , preparing medication for them , taking orders , placing orders ...ect . been in this trade for more then 20years including before going over japan . now even ueno zoo in tokyo sometimes have to consult me on some animals :wink: and i do import animals to them as well . i can become a vet already but no licence . i love what im doing , i love my work , thats why i can last until now ...

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro ..its not easy and its dirty money ...when i started out , im the only one cleaning the shits , doing the breeding , knowing what makes the animals sick , preparing medication for them , taking orders , placing orders ...ect . been in this trade for more then 20years including before going over japan . now even ueno zoo in tokyo sometimes have to consult me on some animals :wink: and i do import animals to them as well . i can become a vet already but no licence . i love what im doing , i love my work , thats why i can last until now ...

Good. Do what u love and u dun have to work for another day in ur life. Hahaha. Can't own pet. Too many things on my plates, too little money. Good for u, u had bitten the bullet and u r enjoying the fruit of ur labour now. Happy for u.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe 60% of those that voted for the PAP took part in this survey..

That's why the result of this shit survey is so lopsided..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Good. Do what u love and u dun have to work for another day in ur life. Hahaha. Can't own pet. Too many things on my plates, too little money. Good for u, u had bitten the bullet and u r enjoying the fruit of ur labour now. Happy for u.

thankyou bro...my parents are not rich , i grew up being very poor ...so i have to work double hard to get where i am today . timing , connections play an important role too , not only hard work .

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

LKY and Tony?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sound like a dream job for animal/nature lover. Now Dr Do Little ?

Last edited: