• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Survey Says Sinkies are HAPPY - R U?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
political-pictures-sarah-palin-help.jpg

hemunkeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far I am concern, as a Singaporean the further I am away from
Singapore the happier I become. On a scale of 1 - 10 if I am in :

Beijing/Shanghai/Wuhan/Chengdu ------ 10
Bangkok ------- 8
Kuala Lumpur ------ 6
Sinagpore ------ 0

woofy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The survey probably didn't include abandoned old people in the aged homes and people who lost their jobs to foreigners and definitely excluded bloggers from SBF

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think all MIW are high on grass or heroin....154 sucking their lanjiao so often.

No wonder 154 got license to kill like Shin Min Editor case

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think all MIW are high on grass or heroin....154 sucking their lanjiao so often.

No wonder 154 got license to kill like Shin Min Editor case

Hey, Jimmy.. were u the one who posted this in the ST Forum? Why didn't share here? :confused:.. very good info.

From our Correspondent

In an article titled “Singaporeans a happy lot”, Imelda Saad from Channelnewsasia claimed that “Singaporeans are generally a happy lot, especially when compared to people in countries such as China, Vietnam, Korea and Japan.” (read article here)

Asked if they were happy, a whopping 70 per cent of Singaporeans said they were, topping the Happiness Index in the survey.

Happiness was measured according to respondents’ perceptions of various areas such as standard of living, family life and their job.

76 per cent of Singaporeans were satisfied with their standard of living, up more than 20 percentage points compared to 10 years ago. On family life, about 92 per cent expressed satisfaction compared to just about 80 per cent in 1996.

Unfortunately, as the writer dutifully acknowledges, the study was conducted 3 years ago in 2006 and does not reflect present circumstances which are drastically different, throwing its relevance into question.

It is strange that CNA chose to report on a study in 2006 when there are more updated data available.

According to the latest findings in 2009 released by Global Happy Index 2.0, Singaporeans are the second most unhappy people in Asean. (source: Global HPI)

Country Happiness Index

Singapore = 48.2

Malaysia = 54.0

Indonesia = 58.9

Thailand = 50.9

Vietnam = 66.5

Phillipines = 59.0

Burma = 51.0

Laos = 57.3

Cambodia = 42.3

If economic development is indeed proportional to the general well-being of the people, then Singaporeans should be the happiest people in Asia.

However, the figures show that we are unhappier than people in many developing countries. Why is this so?

It is a shame that the state media has to resort to obsolete data in order to create a “feel-good” atmosphere in the population in the aftermath of the ostentatious National Day celebration.

There is something seriously wrong with our country and the government should really reflect on itself instead of believing in its own propaganda spinned by the state media.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
LeeHsienLoong_2007May04.jpg

My daddy says sinkies are a group of species that needs to be screwed daily
for them to be happy. The more you screw them, the happier they get.
I think he is right!:biggrin:

Mai hum Mai hum Mai Hum Mai Hum Mai Hum......

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
LeeHsienLoong_2007May04.jpg

My daddy says sinkies are a group of species that needs to be screwed daily
for them to be happy. The more you screw them, the happier they get.
I think he is right!:biggrin:

Mai hum Mai hum Mai Hum Mai Hum Mai Hum......

Your father is a wise man indeed! Pls send my regards to him.