• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sunshine Empire MLM Boss Kena Charged

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
MLM products are sold at exhorbitant price so that the people at the top of the pyramid can be richly rewarded/ Alot of bull shit on cutting out the middle man, buying direct form the manufacturers are all bull shit.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The $$$ dun tally leh, reported the company collected $180 million but the charges are less than $1 million for each culprit except Phang. Where the rest of the money go to? :confused::confused:

No wonder that Phang still smiling, LOL

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
The amount embezelled by Sunshine Empire's boss is 'peanuts' compared to Bernard Madoff!

ermm...

and your point is???

so?? its acceptable is it? like someone is better becos he only killed 2 persons as compared to hitler who killed millions..

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
MLM is just saying cheap/average products at ridiculously high prices.

1st person they approach will be their family, relatives and good friends. really don't like this type of business approach at all

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh, you mean these people didn't get their fancy cars through honest means? I am shocked! :eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/czf1yupWj3o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/czf1yupWj3o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The $$$ dun tally leh, reported the company collected $180 million but the charges are less than $1 million for each culprit except Phang. Where the rest of the money go to? :confused::confused:

No wonder that Phang still smiling, LOL

How can our Singaporean Law does such mediocre investigative work ?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a sucker born every minute. What a truism!

In these types of pyramid selling, my math tells me that by the 4th or 5th level, if you come in at that level, you will have to find over a million people to subscribe to or buy yr product or believe yr nonsense to be yr downline, to feed you and those above.

Never join in unless you are at the pioneer level selling a sell-by-itself product which will guarantee you a good early chance to develop downlines for yr foodchain. Get in early and get out early.

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same, i remember the year was 1997, when a girl whom i have only met once a year ago suddenly call me up and say she and some friends wanted to start with something and ask me whether i am interested.

I agree to meet up and talk about it and i was shocked to see her wearing very low cut for the meeting. We end up in the HQ with another "manager" and sales person trying to convince me to join. They couldn't directly answer my question about how is the company able to pay such high commission and a few other questions.

After spending 2 hour they decided to give up and instead of asking me to join, they try to make me buy their products, like those over priced $1800 magnetic mattress. Of course they failed.

For the next few years i keep hearing people around me how good it is, including from my staff, friends and even clients. I give them my advice and some still insist and went ahead. They took 1-2 years to realised it was a mistake. And some of them even they realise this mistake, do not want to contact me anymore, because they have been arguing with me how wrong was I.

brother, i think u r confused. the maginetic business is by dolphin warriors another MLM which had not be called to court.

this empire is based in toa payoh HDB hub. it sell medicine, feng sui, and some funny clothes that is supposed to control obesity.

seriously i donno they are in being prob since 2007, because one month before they are being charged offically, their salesman are still pursuading me to join me saying its a sure way to get rich. i still remember my reply is that if its so easy to get rich den there wun be poor ppl in sg.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am plagued by MLM fanatic friends! My gawd they are relentless! Can say meet up for kopi but talk for 3hours on their products and if they have their way, I'll be 30k short by now.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is commenting about other similar MLM businesses that have propped up since the ban on these businesses were lifted in the mid 90s. There have been so many of these businesses selling from magnetic beds to vitamins. Have to thank Ho Peng Kee, Minister of State for law then, who lifted the ban.

That ban was placed after the Gemini Chit Fund scandal of the 1970s where people lost their fortune.

brother, i think u r confused. the maginetic business is by dolphin warriors another MLM which had not be called to court.

this empire is based in toa payoh HDB hub. it sell medicine, feng sui, and some funny clothes that is supposed to control obesity.

seriously i donno they are in being prob since 2007, because one month before they are being charged offically, their salesman are still pursuading me to join me saying its a sure way to get rich. i still remember my reply is that if its so easy to get rich den there wun be poor ppl in sg.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2009_st.gif

Jul 16, 2010
Sunshine Empire trio guilty

By Khushwant Singh
james-phang-2.jpg

A DISTRICT court convicted former head of Sunshine Empire James Phang Wah, 49, and ex-director Jackie Hoo Choon Cheat, 29, on Friday for perpetrating a fraud and for criminal breach of trust.

Phang and his wife Neo Kuon Huay, 46, were also found guilty of falsifying accounts. The trio will be sentenced on July 30.

During the two-month long trial that started last October, the prosecution presented evidence that the two men had misled participants about the customer rebate points (CRP) earned by buying the firm's lifestyle packages. The duo had claimed the CRP was derived from the firm's turnover on the e-mall platform.

While this sounds impressive, it was essentially meaningless, as the e-commerce platform generated no additional income for Sunshine, District Judge Jasvender Kaur noted.

The CRP was paid out from the sale of new packages and since the rebate points could come up to 160 per cent of the cost of a package, the scheme was doomed to fail, the judge said on Friday.

The court also ruled that both men had committed eight CBT offences by paying Neo a monthly commission of one per cent of total sales under the guise that she was the firm's group sales director.

Phang and his wife were also convicted on six charges of falsifying accounts for the payment of these commissions.

Phang and Hoo face a maximum of $15,000 fine and seven years' jail for fraudulent trading. For the CBT offences, they face a maximum of life imprisonment and a fine. The maximum penalty for falsifying accounts is seven years' jail with a fine.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and ex-director Jackie Hoo Choon Cheat, 29, on Friday for perpetrating a fraud and for criminal breach of trust.

Was told a funny story about the hearing. When the court read out his full name, this Mr Hoo loudly exclaimed: "your honour! i am innocent until proven guilty!" The whole courthouse laughted.

With a sense of humour like that, prison won't be such a grim place for him.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
2009_st.gif

Jul 16, 2010
Sunshine Empire trio guilty

By Khushwant Singh
james-phang-2.jpg

A DISTRICT court convicted former head of Sunshine Empire James Phang Wah, 49, and ex-director Jackie Hoo Choon Cheat, 29, on Friday for perpetrating a fraud and for criminal breach of trust.

Phang and his wife Neo Kuon Huay, 46, were also found guilty of falsifying accounts. The trio will be sentenced on July 30.

During the two-month long trial that started last October, the prosecution presented evidence that the two men had misled participants about the customer rebate points (CRP) earned by buying the firm's lifestyle packages. The duo had claimed the CRP was derived from the firm's turnover on the e-mall platform.

While this sounds impressive, it was essentially meaningless, as the e-commerce platform generated no additional income for Sunshine, District Judge Jasvender Kaur noted.

The CRP was paid out from the sale of new packages and since the rebate points could come up to 160 per cent of the cost of a package, the scheme was doomed to fail, the judge said on Friday.

The court also ruled that both men had committed eight CBT offences by paying Neo a monthly commission of one per cent of total sales under the guise that she was the firm's group sales director.

Phang and his wife were also convicted on six charges of falsifying accounts for the payment of these commissions.

Phang and Hoo face a maximum of $15,000 fine and seven years' jail for fraudulent trading. For the CBT offences, they face a maximum of life imprisonment and a fine. The maximum penalty for falsifying accounts is seven years' jail with a fine.

Changi Holiday Resort would be a nice and fun place for them to retire! Membership there is only exclusive to those who paid a huge premium for it!