• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sunkopitiam - ??

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He tried to destroy the forum from two fronts.

1) Racism
2) Homophobia

Walt Howe banned a whole lot of nicks as a result and deleted a shitload of threads. He also moved the forum into the "adult" zone which means it does not get listed in the "Delphi Top Forums" page.

All of this was done without informing the me.. the person who pays delphi every month and a loyal delphi subscriber since 1999.

OMG racism and homophobia In Singapore?????

SInce when has a gay person been attacked on the streets of Sg simply for being a gay??????? I doubt anyone would even say something to a gay couples holding hands and there are many butch men with their gfs about.

This Gaybox :mad: anyway as time passed more and more hated him and his ilk. :biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does it really matter provided whoever is in control of the forum is not able to compromise the real identities of the forumers?

Bro, you are really slow. I mentioned nearly a week ago that 3 sites are linked. And looks like offers "bait" has already gone out. Repeat of the HK TT affair and many others.

Only Anymos is suspicious of the whole caper and good on him for his alerts.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro.... when we know something is wrong... we warn others about it... and that goes for the alert of delphi nick cheapjustice aka brendon tong hyui koh forum and his links with victor sun....

beng

the bigger wrong here now there is certain group of people trying to motivate others to go against the gov and stir up unrest to incite for social havoc.

their preception of things are shallow and they try to force such deviated thoughts into others. sometime u wonder, is the state cultivating a bunch of traitors??

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tend to agree with Sam on this one. As for the guillible clods, well I guess they have to learn the hard way. Never mix the real world with cyber world.

I think Leongsam was trying to make the point that it does not matter if a crook provides a good forum platform that promotes constructive discussion and keeps out spam, as long as no monetary transactions are involved which might tempt the host to engage in criminal breach of trust.

I tend to agree more with you stand, personality issues are important as well. Why legitimize a forum hosted by someone you know to be of poor character?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: ___________ - ??

Nobody is talking about banning domains..... if somebody walk up to the pap ISD today with a list of IPs with date/time stamps.... it simplifies their job that much easier to trace a certain forumer.....

Say.... the pap like to know the identity of Mr A from a chat room... the chat is date/time stamped... so all the ISD have to do is match it with the sgp ISP server log... and voila!

It is that simple really.....

beng

I can assure you that NONE of the "forumers" that have visited any of my forums are worth tracing.

In order to justify being traced, one first has to be considered a threat in the real world. The sad fact is that nobody qualifies. Even the most outspoken ones who make no effort to conceal their identities have to more or less say "Please arrest me" many times over before the PAP obliges.:p

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Care to share the full details again? I think this would help the guillible uninitiated on the dangers of cyberworld and take heed to not mix up the real world and cyberworld.

bro.... I am sure you know the agony of those of the JBJ donation drive who were blackmailed by the bastard tong hyui koh... the same guy who attempted to rip donations meant for JBJ.... nobody speak out at that time but I did...

Tong threaten one of the supporters if I don't stop posting about his attempt to rip of JBJ donations, he will post the names of the supporters.... this poor guy literally have to beg me to stop exposing tong in the then sbf forum....

beng

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I tend to agree with Sam on this one. As for the guillible clods, well I guess they have to learn the hard way. Never mix the real world with cyber world.

The funniest episode of all from the delphi forum was the "wear brown at centrepoint" gathering.

The thread went on forever with practically 3/4 of all the regular forumers throwing their weight behind the "wear brown" campaign. That's more than 200 nicks plus their clones.

When the actual day came around, all the gung ho chest beating and posturing came to absolutely nothing. I guess nobody seemed to be sure what the correct shade of brown was supposed to be. :p

PAP wants IP addresses from sammyboy?:p:p:p I sincerely doubt it very much. :biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know this may sound harsh but isn't this just a typical example of a con artist trickster scam artist albeit using cyberspace as his platform instead of the real world? Like I said before, guillible clods probably have to learn the hard painful way, what to do such is life, best sad example being the old HDB aunties getting conned with magic stones. On a positive note, I think this discussion is healthy as it may help to educate the uninitiated guillible clods out there on the dangers of cyberspace.:smile:

bro... a dishonest host can pull off scams in his own forum easily.... a good example is alternative-asia in sbf (now closed).... the host started it off like any forum... then he started to ask for funds to "expand" the net business saying the free forum is now too large.... the host is tong hyui koh... host of sballiance.. and now suspected to be a partner of victor sun...

So... better to be safe than sorry.... I'll stop posting in sunkopitiam from today onwards....

beng

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
When I need funds, I go the hard yard and EARN them. Please sign up at sammyboyforum.com. Only 19.95 per month:biggrin:

I know this may sound harsh but isn't this just a typical example of a con artist trickster scam artist albeit using cyberspace as his platform instead of the real world? Like I said before, guillible clods probably have to learn the hard painful way, what to do such is life, best sad example being the old HDB aunties getting conned with magic stones. On a positive note, I think this discussion is healthy as it may help to educate the uninitiated guillible clods out there on the dangers of cyberspace.:smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Re: ___________ - ??

I miss forumers like Marjojo, Bkwrm, Postnew and at times even Sumiko oops I meant Tracy:biggrin:

They'll be here sooner or later in one guise or another. :wink: It's just a matter of time before everyone gravitates here again and we're back to square one. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does it really matter provided whoever is in control of the forum is not able to compromise the real identities of the forumers?
You are still not getting the message bro! Read EJay's post on this thread.

Most of us can take care of ourselves. Others can't. If they see "respectable" forummers like Escobar participating in a new forum, they tag along. Nobody is going to bait Escobar but suckers that follow him will be easy meat.

The fastest way to catch more mynahs is to put one live mynah in a one way cage and bingo and you got couple to go.

Identities are a separate issue. Read my post on the subject. Its does help when the host has a track record of keeping prying eyes at bay and does not indulge in seeking out identities. As you probably know there are forummers who do meet via this forum and getting one to reveal the other is not that difficult.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but I personally feel that those who cannot take care of themselves under these particular circumstances need to learn the hard painful way, what to do, such is life. As for Escobar, now where the heck is that chap? Lost in NLB with QXP perhaps:biggrin:

You are still not getting the message bro! Read EJay's post on this thread.

Most of us can take care of ourselves. Others can't. If they see "respectable" forummers like Escobar participating in a new forum, they tag along. Nobody is going to bait Escobar but suckers that follow him will be easy meat.

The fastest way to catch more mynahs is to put one live mynah in a one way cage and bingo and you got couple to go.

Identities are a separate issue. Read my post on the subject. Its does help when the host has a track record of keeping prying eyes at bay and does not indulge in seeking out identities. As you probably know there are forummers who do meet via this forum and getting one to reveal the other is not that difficult.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but I personally feel that those who cannot take care of themselves under these particular circumstances need to learn the hard painful way, what to do, such is life. As for Escobar, now where the heck is that chap? Lost in NLB with QXP perhaps:biggrin:
I suppose the brotherhood how ever loose the term is, does have an attached responsibility. When you ask people to contribute their views to a thread that you start or a comment that you make, a quid pro quo arrangement does appear for me. As you have been in the "hood" only for few years, I suppose its too early but I guess it will grow on you eventually.

When you seek a clarification, I try my best to explain because thats how we move forward. Then again, my views might be too off tangent or just gibberish.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry.... the pap has a firm grip in sgp.... with over a million foreigners there... a million sgporeans can migrate for all they care.... the game is over... sgp is no longer for sgporeans but for the multi-nationals....

beng

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes... the same modus operandis but with a different approach.... the magic stone aunties do not know the con artist over a period in contrast to the alternative-asia scams (use of the forums to pull a few scams)...

Koh hyui koh definitely cannot pull off a magic stone stunt with a face like his... :biggrin::biggrin:

beng