• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sunday times said that old guard Goh KS is stingy ...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who are the people who he did not buy sugar cane juice for? They were party supporters looking for handouts like free car parks, licences, entry to certain schools, jumping the HDB queues.

GKS was never a politician, he was economist. PAP ran his ward and not him. He could not be bothered about politics and politician. Ever heard of him going on walkabouts?

Take Charles Chong PAP MP from the other end of spectrum. No decent qualification, shy to put his work history in his CV, carried on SIA payroll for so many years and all his PAP ward workers love him to death. Why? He needs them as much as they need him. Why has he done for Singapore. Its common knowledge that he would be a supervisor in the maintenance hangar if not for his sterling work with PAP.

Clearly looking at the comments in his thread, ist no surprise that Singaporeans can be easily led by the nose.

From the Uncle Goh stories I've heard, he's far from an endearing character - arrogant, overbearing and mean to everyone around him. More "engineer" than "architect"

But credit cannot be taken away from the man. He whipped the early civil service into shape.

If he is still walking the corridors of public service today, Mas Selamat would never have escaped.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fully agreed. We are in this state because there is none like him up there now.

We are in this state (sic)because people like him made up PAP.Birds of feathers flock togather that is...Why were they in politics ?Because they were good doers ? Nah !--they were in politics to fulfill their psychological needs; like why would a man climb Mt Everest sort of thing.Simply putting selfish.Sorry,No ! utter selfish.That exactly what Goh displayed by the very act of drinking just for himself alone--all alone.The same stuff LKY is made of and all his fellow merry men in our parliament who call themselves the Representatives of the People.

Now leadership is not about arrogance or beat the shit out of your underlings.It's no management.In good management you motive.That is the diference between an ''inche; in the army and an officer.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who are the people who he did not buy sugar cane juice for? They were party supporters looking for handouts like free car parks, licences, entry to certain schools, jumping the HDB queues

It was printed in Shit Times they were election 'helpers'... maybe they were just like today's RC dogs

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are in this state (sic)because people like him made up PAP.Birds of feathers flock togather that is...Why were they in politics ?Because they were good doers ? Nah !--they were in politics to fulfill their psychological needs; like why would a man climb Mt Everest sort of thing.Simply putting selfish.Sorry,No ! utter selfish.That exactly what Goh displayed by the very act of drinking just for himself alone--all alone.The same stuff LKY is made of and all his fellow merry men in our parliament who call themselves the Representatives of the People.

Now leadership is not about arrogance or beat the shit out of your underlings.It's no management.In good management you motive.That is the diference between an ''inche; in the army and an officer.

I have to disagree. A good team is made up of both communicators and deliverers. Some people sell, some deliver... some exceptional individuals do both.

Given his personality, GKS probably won't ever win the Nobel Peace Prize but he has definitely won votes for PAP with the work he did

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who are the people who he did not buy sugar cane juice for? They were party supporters looking for handouts like free car parks, licences, entry to certain schools, jumping the HDB queues.

Is PAP beyond corruption?An uncle who was once a PAP party supporter in the 60s told me it's quite common to distribute cash during GE.Perhaps this is the part that was not mentioned since GKS knows that all his supporters has party's cash in their pockets.Now that sounds more realistic right.

Now we all know that PAP goes direct to the voters.And pay them every GE and by pass the middlemen.Of course,it has to be given a noble sounding name ..

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
today's sunday times said that old guard Goh KS is stingy & unappreciative of his election helpers ... on a hot & sweltering afternoon, he refused to buy them 10 cts (prices in those days) sugercane juice ...

but he bought a glass for himself ...

if he also did not buy for himself, then he would be thrifty & frugal, which is a virtue ...

thing is - he bought for himself, drank, and lumbered off muttering to his election helpers 'u guys can buy yourselves a drink if u want, i had mine' ... this shows he's stingy/unappreciative ... and that behavior of 'u die your business' is so typical of the PAP of today ...

thank u sunday times, for giving us this insight into typical PAP ungracious, ungenerous behavior ... :biggrin:

last but not least, my fellow singaporeans, here's a gentle reminder -- stop spending recklessly at ION, vivocity and so on ... your ministers count every cent in their own pockets, but want u to spend your hard-earned $$ at their capitaland malls ... :mad:

he is stingy? sure or not?? must ask his gfs then:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to disagree. A good team is made up of both communicators and deliverers. Some people sell, some deliver... some exceptional individuals do both.

Given his personality, GKS probably won't ever win the Nobel Peace Prize but he has definitely won votes for PAP with the work he did

ur messiah chee should take a leaf from gks to prevent himself fr falling repetitively into the big longkang with all his poor blurcocks followers.:biggrin:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ah,but leaders are leaders-that is why there are only a few around.LKY may not be nation builder but he still led the bunch for what ever they are.That is the critical difference.And GKS is suppose to lead.And I am not talkin of party leadership.How can anyone lead with such a mean disposition?

That is why I don't buy what ever ST writes.I for one do not know GKS as a person or a leader..For all we know GKS could be a rough diamond but this article about him in ST painted him as an uncle scrooge !

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My England not good, what is the difference between Thrifty and Stingy? The article sound so good...

U call that person thrifty when sometimes u get benefits from him.

U call that person stingy when ALL THE TIME, you get nothing from him.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My England not good, what is the difference between Thrifty and Stingy? The article sound so good...
wen ur take home pay is so much supressed by ze world's bestest gahmen so much so dat u hv li'l 2 spend n u spend oni a lil monthly, u r thrifty ...

wen u r world's bestest paid which u can even afford to fry 2 france 2 learn useless cuisine cos but u choose 2 spend oni a li'l amt each mth, u r stingy...

Lydia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh KS may have been stingy but at least he paid for his own drink. Some people I know boast about how much money they're making in the stock market and disappear to 'answer their mobile' when their food is delivered to the table at food centres. They return in time to consume their food and don't even express thanks to those who paid for them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh Please, they are helping Goh Keng Swee, not some wet behind the years 30rd old scholar . You think they going to allow some ordinary misguided citizen do the grunt work for the no. 2. I am sure you won't believe this bullshit.

It was printed in Shit Times they were election 'helpers'... maybe they were just like today's RC dogs

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
dr goh was no politician...he was a technocrat and intellectual powerhouse...who did not suffer fools easily...no doubt he had his faults and flaws...an intellectual snob, arrogant, a very hard task master etc...say what you will but let's be clear on one thing...dr goh was (or should i say is) not a greedy man nor a man after limelight or accolades and his contributions to singapore probably far outweigh all combined efforts of both GCT and LHL's cabinets (must exclude harry hor)...singapore is lucky to have such 'son'(note he was born in malacca)...

this thread is ridiculous...