• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Summer Olympics 2012 London

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
london2012_day11_043.jpg

Germany's Robert Harting celebrates after winning the men's discus throw final at London 2012 Olympic Games .

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
london2012_day11_044.jpg

london2012_day11_048.jpg

Australia's Sally Pearson celebrates after winning the gold medal in the women's 100m hurdles final during the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Olympic Stadium.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
london2012_day10_013.jpg

razil's Arthur Nabarrete Zanetti competes in the men's gymnastics rings final in the North Greenwich Arena during the London 2012 Olympic Games.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
london2012_day10_015.jpg

Aliya Mustafina of Russia competes in the women's gymnastics asymmetric bars final in the North Greenwich Arena during the London 2012 Olympic Games.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
london2012_day10_016.jpg

Russia's Natalia Ishchenko and Svetlana Romashina perform in the synchronised swimming duets free routine qualification round during the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Aquatics Centre

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
london2012_day10_040.jpg

Britain's Holly Bleasdale reacts during the women's pole vault final at the London 2012 Olympic Games

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
article-2185562-147291C2000005DC-710_306x729.jpg

A very well-earned makeover: Jessica Ennis celebrates her Olympic success with a day of pampering in a beauty salon
The 26-year-old, who won Britain’s first gold heptathlon medal in 12 years on Saturday, visited a beauty salon in central London
A team of hair stylists and make-up artists swept her hair up into a sleek bun and applied heavy eye shadow and fake eyelashes to the athlete

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
article-2185146-146CC450000005DC-659_306x781.jpg

Victoria Pendleton rode tearfully into the sunset last night with her dream of a golden goodbye indelibly tainted by a final clash with her biggest rival.
The Olympic sensation added a silver medal to her 2012 and 2008 golds in front of a rousing crowd at the Velodrome – then began her retirement without wearing the crown of the most highly decorated woman athlete of all time.
She failed to trounce her Australian arch enemy Anna Meares – a win that would finally have laid to rest the controversy, competition and cat-fighting between them.
Victoria was disqualified in the first of three finals with Meares after making contact in the final sprint to the finish, a decision that filled the arena with booing and countless faces frozen in disbelief.
She appeared to mouth ‘she touched me first!’ as the judges huddled around screens and played the photo finish over and over again.
Then – clearly shaken by the referee’s decision to relegate her – she was beaten to gold in the next race by a powerhouse performance from the 28-year-old Australian.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MEDAL TABLE
My colleague Ollie Williams has knocked together some fascinating, and worrying from a GB point of view, statistics about the London 2012 medal table.

He says: "If every result from now until the end of London 2012 followed the exact same pattern as Beijing 2008, Russia would beat Great Britain for third place in the medal table with the United States top.

"In the events which have yet to be decided, GB won only one gold at the Beijing Games, whereas Russia won 12 of them. If that happened here, both countries would end up on 23 gold medals. Russia would take third place by virtue of winning more silver medals.

"The United States won nine gold medals from this point at Beiing 2008 while China won just four. If that repeated itself here, the US would leapfrog China, finishing on 43 golds to China's 40."

The only caveat to Ollie's theory is that there are three new women's boxing events, four new sprint canoe events and a new sailing event whose medals are yet to be decided at London 2012, and with boxer Nicola Adams going for gold this afternoon, the picture could soon be looking rosy once again.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Panic as 300 people are evacuated after gas canisters burst into flames at New Zealand Olympics hospitality BBQ party
The Antipodean sports fans had gathered at Kiwi House in Kings Cross to watch their compatriots compete
As chefs handed out burgers, guests noticed flames encircling the canisters
The blast was so powerful it blew the BBQ roof into the air
No injuries were reported

A New Zealand Olympic barbecue party turned to panic when two gas canisters exploded, forcing more than 300 guests to flee for their lives.
The Antipodean sports fans had gathered to watch their compatriots compete in the evening athletics session last night in the garden of the country's pop-up hospitality house in King's Cross.
But just as chefs began handing out burgers and sausages at around 7.20pm, partygoers noticed blue flames beginning to engulf the fuel cylinders used to fire the grill.
The alarm was sounded and guests scattered into the street screaming.
Scroll down for video.

Minutes later the blast tore through the garden with such force that the barbecue roof was blown into the air.
Brook Johnstone, 55, from Port Waikato, said: 'I looked around and the gas bottle had a little flame around it.

Alarm: Minutes later the blast tore through the garden with such force that the barbecue roof was blown into the air
Mr Johnstone, who is in London on holiday, said the canister exploded with such force that it blew the roof off the barbecue area.
New Zealander and Leeds University student Sonia Holland, who is also working as a volunteer Games Maker at the Olympics, said she was not aware of any athletes in attendance.
The 19-year-old, from Napier, said: 'I literally just got my food and there was a big kerfuffle around the barbecue area.

'Everyone was pushed inside but then people were telling us to get out of the building.
'They got everyone out of the building as fast as they could. I was out within two minutes.'
She said when she looked back at the building she could see fire and smoke coming from the garden.
Shortly after the fire, Kiwi House tweeted: 'We've had a rather large fire engulf the outdoor bbq area. Everyone is ok. We're closed till further notice. More updates as they happen.'
Fortunately no one was hurt after all guests were evacuated safely.

Despite their Olympic home from home being closed until further notice, some New Zealanders were able to make light of the situation.
One witness told 3 News: 'My girlfriend came in and she was like, "Move out of the way, move out of the way, there's a gas bottle on fire!" And I was like, "Well, I need to get me card, and I want to get some sauce for my pie."'
On Twitter 'Ross' joked: 'Not to be outdone by Aus gold medal count NZ house has decided to step in and show the world how to BBQ Kiwi style!'
James Elliott added: 'The instruction as I recall it was to always blow on the pie not blow up the pie. #kiwihouse.'
Ten firefighters attended and a cordon was put around the building in case another gas cylinder exploded.
Richard Welch, station manager of Poplar fire station, said: 'People in the vicinity reported hearing an explosion, which was due to two gas cylinders exploding before firefighters arrived on the scene.
'Crews have now brought the blaze under control and are cooling a further two gas cylinders down to make them safe.
'Around 300 people were evacuated from nearby buildings and as a precaution we’ve set up a temporary safety cordon of around 50 metres.
'Fortunately it doesn’t look as though anyone was injured.'
Kiwi House is self-described as a 'haven' for friends, family and supporters of the New Zealand Olympic team.

article-2185886-1474AA65000005DC-670_634x583.jpg

article-2185886-1474E2E6000005DC-188_634x352.jpg