• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suggestion - Controlling threads

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many threads created. Some of them are duplicating. I am guilty of some of them too.

Maybe we should try to control to 1 thread per user per day. At least it'll provide for a more healthy and focussed discussion as fewer issues are put up daily.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Too many threads created. Some of them are duplicating. I am guilty of some of them too.

Maybe we should try to control to 1 thread per user per day. At least it'll provide for a more healthy and focussed discussion as fewer issues are put up daily.

You can post as many threads as you want. :biggrin:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too many threads created. ..we should try to control to 1 thread per user per day... for a more healthy and focussed discussion as fewer issues are put up daily.

I assume you meant starting one NEW thread per person per day -in which case I agree as it will help to maintain quality.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In a kopitiam, u cannot tell a group of ah beks limping teh to shut up if u've heard the same topic being gossiped by a group of ah sohs eating mee siam no hum, right?

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many threads can be irritating while controls and restrictions pisses users off. Both are equally bad. It's a free forum nonetheless, live and let live is all I will say.:p

Cheers.:biggrin:

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree with you.

I intend to start a new thread called "How to punish those who create multiple threads."

Since you are a starter of multiple threads, I was hoping to get some feedback from you before I proceed:wink:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with you.

I intend to start a new thread called "How to punish those who create multiple threads."

Since you are a starter of multiple threads, I was hoping to get some feedback from you before I proceed:wink:

Do u have a hatchet in your bag?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..irritating while controls and restrictions pisses users off. Both are equally bad. It's a free forum nonetheless, live and let live
Sam's laissez-faire position on this... Same as it takes all sorts of characters to make this world, colourful and weirdos included. With open or backpocket agenda:rolleyes:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a kopitiam, u cannot tell a group of ah beks limping teh to shut up if u've heard the same topic being gossiped by a group of ah sohs eating mee siam no hum, right?

Dat one different table cannot help it la but if same table talk so many times about it one day all ahpek and ahsoh also run away mah

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dat one different table cannot help it la but if same table talk so many times about it one day all ahpek and ahsoh also run away mah

Same way in a forum. There will be one ah pek thread inviting all the attention. The rest of the ah pak threads will die, and it's contributors will migrate to the "lei tai soh" thread. Survival of the fittest... or should I say, loudest and most eloquent :wink: