• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

subway equivalent

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Subway and Sandwich Bars are too 'Ang Moh' for asian palettes. Most Sinkies, given a choice would still much prefer to eat local hawker fare than a 6 inch Meatball Marinara.

I've seen quite a few sandwich bars come and go in the CBD, Prêt a Manger, Crispin's, basement of the old Caltex (Chevron) House and Philly's Flavors at Millenia Walk to name a few.

Us Sinkies would much prefer to eat hot or spicy food at half the price.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subway and Sandwich Bars are too 'Ang Moh' for asian palettes. Most Sinkies, given a choice would still much prefer to eat local hawker fare than a 6 inch Meatball Marinara.

I've seen quite a few sandwich bars come and go in the CBD, Prêt a Manger, Crispin's, basement of the old Caltex (Chevron) House and Philly's Flavors at Millenia Walk to name a few.

Subway was brought into sg to feed the FTs...like baja fresh

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

maybe u r really out of touch.. their business is doing well.

maybe too ang mor for u only.

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Local fare like laksa, chaw kway teow, prawn mee is nice but a western sandwich bar is a healthier choice (though not the healthiest) comparing the two side-by-side. Like both local and western - who can give up food like chaw kway teow in Singapore?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
subway is sub-standard
you eat at your own risk
local dishes are the best
we should all support local industry
majulah singapura!!!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am a fan of local food. Love laksa, char kway teow, kway chap, wantan mee etcc.

Actually I dislike sandwich. But somehow I really like Subway. The vegetables are good and meat is tasty. Maybe I am getting old, and those oily stuff are not for me now.

Anyway, Subway aside, I still dislike eating other sandwiches. Nope I am not an employee or franchisee of subway...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I dislike sandwich. But somehow I really like Subway. The vegetables are good and meat is tasty. Maybe I am getting old, and those oily stuff are not for me now.

subway is good if i just want a quick bite. no hassles, no mind tricks. just line up, pick bread, pick size, pick meat combo, pick vege, pick sauces, water, done. wham bam shabbam, and out of there. i wish sex is that easy. :biggrin:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
I
Actually I dislike sandwich. But somehow I really like Subway. The vegetables are good and meat is tasty.

you kidding right? i dont know how they do it, but they make the tomatoes and cucumbers taste like cold cardboard devoid of any flavour. the meat from the steak and cheese taste like salted meat cubes.