• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STTA's decision not to renew team manager's contract made before Olympics

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
STTA's decision not to renew team manager's contract made before Olympics
By Dominique Loh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 24 August 2008 1705 hrs

BEIJING: The controversial decision by the Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) not to extend its team manager's tenure hangs over the paddlers' triumphant return to Singapore from the Beijing Olympics.

The controversy started when the coach of table tennis player Gao Ning was absent from his match during the Olympic Games. STTA's president, Lee Bee Wah, had expressed unhappiness over the absence and said action would be taken after the Olympic Games.

The team later explained that Gao Ning's coach fell ill at the last minute. Another coach overseeing Singapore player Yangzi's match was asked to look after Gao Ning, but Yangzi's match started late and overlapped Gao Ning's match entirely.

When contacted, Chef de Mission Tan Eng Liang said he was satisfied with the team's explanation and had considered the matter closed.

Singapore's table tennis team manager, Antony Lee, declined to be interviewed on camera, saying he was busy preparing for Sunday night's Olympic closing ceremony. Ms Lee also declined a camera interview, saying whatever else she had to say could complicate matters.

But both did speak to the Channel NewsAsia's news team over the phone. Mr Lee said he was not informed by the STTA president about the decision not to renew his contract, and he had learnt it from someone else.

Mr Lee, who was seconded from the Singapore Sports Council (SSC) to manage the table tennis team, said he would return to the SSC after his contract ends with STTA.

He added that he is proud of the team's achievements in Beijing and would hold his head high after helping to contribute to Singapore's Olympic silver medal performance.

Ms Lee, on the other hand, told Channel NewsAsia that the decision not to renew Mr Lee's contract when it expires at the end of August was made before the team had left for the Olympics.

As for the changes in the team management structure, the association is looking to recruit a CEO and a technical director. Once these positions are filled, STTA will decide who the next team manager will be.

- CNA/so

damage recovery ... :rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
related news ...

Move not to renew table tennis team manager's contract surprises many
By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 24 August 2008 1636 hrs

SINGAPORE: The decision not to renew the contract of Singapore's table tennis team manager, Antony Lee, came as a surprise to some Singaporeans.

Many of them had followed the exploits of the women's table tennis team at the Beijing Olympics where the paddlers won a silver medal.

Some Members of Parliament (MPs) at a community event on Sunday said they hope there would be more clarity on the matter.

Zainudin Nordin, mayor of the Central Singapore District and deputy president of the Football Association of Singapore, said: "The timing is a bit unfortunate... I think we could have celebrated it first, and find ways to resolve the issue."

Josephine Teo, MP of Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC, said: "What I think is necessary is for more details to be revealed and also for Singaporeans to be reassured that the team remains intact and that the association remains committed to providing the best possible opportunities for our players to succeed in future world-level competitions."

- CNA/so

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should consider changing the president, LBW, a typically sensitive and emotional woman, has no basic courtesy nor respect to settle the issue openly and amicably and would rather did despicable things in the dark. If this would have happened in a company, MOM would have stepped in to investigate why can employee has been terminated without cause. Like I said, PAP members always did things contradict to their belief.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...final = honest mistake, let's close rank and move on :biggrin:
honest mistake? ... who's mistake? ... lbw's? ... lidat wun happen la ... lidat like slapping her in public oredi ...

if iz another scapegoat's honest mistake, possible la ...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>Zainudin Nordin, mayor of the Central Singapore District and deputy president of the Football Association of Singapore, said: "The timing is a bit unfortunate... I think we could have celebrated it first, and find ways to resolve the issue."<<<

more proof that in times of need, our malay bros are more dependable than the likes of teo-no-lucks.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup thats rite.. pap is that good..

same like thay also predicted that economy will slow-down..

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Miss Lee simply tried to cover up her mistake by claiming the decision is predetermined. It really boils me when she tried the same PAP tactics "Let's move on". How can you move on when the issue is still dangling? I say Trigger happy Lee have to exprain clearly the reason for sacking, even solly must exprain.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ms Lee, on the other hand, told Channel NewsAsia that the decision not to renew Mr Lee's contract when it expires at the end of August was made before the team had left for the Olympics.
ya, rite ... gd timing ...

hv 2 announce it wen ze team was still in competition ...
hv 2 announce it over tv ...
hv 2 announce it 2 ze world ...

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Miss Lee simply tried to cover up her mistake by claiming the decision is predetermined. It really boils me when she tried the same PAP tactics "Let's move on". How can you move on when the issue is still dangling? I say Trigger happy Lee have to exprain clearly the reason for sacking, even solly must exprain.

PAP is good at shooting themselves in the foot. If the decision is made BEFORE the Olympics, then on what basis is the decision not to renew the contract made? Based on a whim and fancy?

So stupid sinkees can work their guts out but can still get sacked simply because the boss does not like the look of your face. What takes the cake is that stupid sinkees will swallow all the cum happily.

i1u12

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should quickly change the president LBW. She is creating more shits out of nothing.

They should consider changing the president, LBW, a typically sensitive and emotional woman, has no basic courtesy nor respect to settle the issue openly and amicably and would rather did despicable things in the dark. If this would have happened in a company, MOM would have stepped in to investigate why can employee has been terminated without cause. Like I said, PAP members always did things contradict to their belief.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Miss Lee simply tried to cover up her mistake by claiming the decision is predetermined.

If this statement is true and that she is not covering up, there can be only 2 possibilities :

1. She (or the 'management') is just waiting for the TT team to fail to get any medal and this reason will be used to pin both the manager and head coach.

Unfortunately this does not happen and need to find another excuse.

2. The cry baby comprain and LBW gets another shot at the 2 again, hence action reloaded. Just that she lack of management skill failed her again.

Now say leave decision to new CEO and Director. We shall wait to see how these people are related/close to her.

Now I know why AMK GRC votes is worst across the country. 33.3% is proven right again.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this statement is true and that she is not covering up, there can be only 2 possibilities :

Now I know why AMK GRC votes is worst across the country. 33.3% is proven right again.

It is unimaginable to think LHL has picked arrogant teams in AMK GRC. Don't tell me they all learned their hard-handed skill direct from their master in AMK? nearly 50,000 residents are not happy with them. 50,000!!!!

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is unimaginable to think LHL has picked arrogant teams in AMK GRC. Don't tell me they all learned their hard-handed skill direct from their master in AMK? nearly 50,000 residents are not happy with them. 50,000!!!!

Birds of a feather flock together. Not surprising that a good number of existing MPs all have the same pattern.

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
if they really wanted to kick Gao Ning out, they could say that Gao Ning's no-show contributed substantially to Yangzi's faillure to achieve a medal.

but no, this stupid LBW had to go around and pluck all kind of ridiculous excuses from god-knows-where.